• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

In fairness, Drummond probably would be kicking his chops against a JJ, Sarr, OO frontcourt next year.  Two guys are too small to check him and the other doesn’t have his man strength.  Drummond would have trouble staying with them but I don’t expect OO or Sarr to be real scary on offense.

I doubt Drummond would be able to shoot over Sarr

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I said it before but I don't think anyone commented on it so I figured it was an unpopular take. If you said it somewhere between supes insulting half the board sorry I missed it.

image.gif.61bd8122afd89363cb327a4834c1409b.gif

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I doubt Drummond won't be able to shoot over Sarr

This means you think Drummond will be able to shoot over Sarr.

i don’t think he would shoot over Sarr.  I think he would bang Sarr out of the way and then attack the basket.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

i don’t think he would shoot over Sarr.  I think he would bang Sarr out of the way and then attack the basket.

You're right...misstated my position

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Sarr doesn't not appear to be easy to bully.  At least i didn't see him get bullied in his vidios

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Drummond.  Another dinosaur who should be put to pasture.  

Dude had a good game against a depleted roster and folks lose their dang minds.  There's several reasons he's a bit player now.  Amazing how many of us overreacted to those CHI games. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Drummond.  Another dinosaur who should be put to pasture.  

I agree in general about his type of player, but there's still a role for guys like him. It's just not featured or prominent. He avg 18pts and 19 reb per 36 this year. It's just in a much lesser role because the C position has changed. But his type isn't obsolete. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Several of us have the same opinion. It just gets lost in the noise. And most don't have any interest in going 99 rounds. IYKWIM

Speak fo' yo'self, REH... :boxing:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Do they want #1?

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

And apparently not? Hmm

Did this mean something?

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I believe he could be a special defender. His lateral quickness and his reactive style makes him this insane defender that I haven't seen yet in terms of versatility. He legit could lock down 1s. 7fts aren't suppose to do that. 

The issue with him is post defense due to size, drop coverage, and just typical big man shit. He's more Mo Bamba in those areas but if he's a 4 or the modern big wing prototype which I think he is. He's special. Just keep him away from teams like the Knicks who like to hit you with bigs who are physical and they can bully you. He would be perfect for a team like Golden State next to Draymond who can handle all the dirty work

Offensively, his upside isn't bad. It's good but he's just really far from it and needs to be developed like JJ was. Just work on everything and in time, you could be good but if he's rushed, man, that could be a problem for his mental. That's why hid bust rate is exceptionally high. 

• Premium Member
On 5/15/2024 at 9:45 PM, theheroatl said:

For Donovan? Really? Don’t be a contrarian to everything Peoria 

Don’t be a sturt

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, HawkingAwesome said:

9ppg deserves no1 overall pick???

Yeah Im happy we won the lottery, but this draft leaves ALOT to be desired..:sad:

My Big Board. 

1. Alex Sarr-

1a 2. Stephon Castle-

1a 3.Cody Williams-

1a 4. Nikola Topić-

1a 5. Dalton Knecht-

1a 6. Reed Sheppard

1a 7. Rob Dillingham

1b 8. -Zaccharie Risacher-

1b 9. Donovan Clingan-

1b 10. Matas Buzelis-

1b 11. Ron Holland-

1b 12. Tidjane Salaun-

1b 13. Kel’el Ware

This Draft has talent, but nobody really stands out.....

LF better be doing his homework.......

Edited by terrell

18 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah Im happy we won the lottery, but this draft leaves ALOT to be desired..:sad:

My Big Board. 

1. Alex Sarr-

1a 2. Stephon Castle-

1a 3.Cody Williams-

1a 4. Nikola Topić-

1a 5. Dalton Knecht-

1a 6. Reed Sheppard

1a 7. Rob Dillingham

1b 8. -Zaccharie Risacher-

1b 9. Donovan Clingan-

1b 10. Matas Buzelis-

1b 11. Ron Holland-

1b 12. Tidjane Salaun-

1b 13. Kel’el Ware

This Draft has talent, but nobody really stands out.....

LF better be doing his homework.......

Im intrigued would you trade the #1 for  #8 + our 25 1st back from the Spurs if they offered it.  

48 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Im intrigued would you trade the #1 for  #8 + our 25 1st back from the Spurs if they offered it.  

#4 + our 25 1st back... Deal...... lol

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

The way I view NBA prospects has to do with the portability of their skill sets. If someone is supposed to be a good defender in college does that have a real chance of porting over to the NBA level for example.

When I look at Sarr his defense absolutely carries over. His athletic ability and his being the fastest 7 footer I think I've ever seen carries over. His offense is a work in progress because he literally just turned 19. Go back and watch guys like KG or Evan Mobley or IMO Sarr's best comparison so far in Tyson Chandler at that age.

Sarr projects every easily in this draft as the #1 pick. When I look at the other prospects and the portability of their skill sets and growth potential his fellow Frenchman is #2. I have Reed Sheppard at #3 because his shooting, basketball IQ and hands are literally all elite. Toss is in his having the best vertical in the ENTIRE combine with a 42 inch vertical and I am 100% sold on him. 

After those three the next four or five guys are pretty much the same grade. Their strengths are balanced by their weaknesses.

I think Edey is in your top 5 after his combine showing. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2024-nba-draft-combine-reed-sheppard-zach-edey-among-biggest-stock-risers/amp/

• Like 1