• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

To be clear I don’t exactly love the idea of BI on the hawks or the player. Herb is who they are focused on and should be but I understand a world where BI is the best return they can get for DJM and he’s better fit and player to me than DJM

I completely disagree with the last part but i rock with the rest

47 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I dunno man.  I heard on Hawksquawk for years how he was the best compliment for Trae.  Someone even said he was a DOG.

This savagery cannot keep going unpunished, wr. 😆

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bird_dirt said:

Now that 2023-2024 is over for the Hawks, shouldn’t we start a new thread for 2024-2025? Or do we have to wait for the rest of the league to finish their season too?

This one was started after the draft.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, aali34 said:

What the hell happened

He stopped playing with a point guard like lonzo. This tweet from Grant Shirley is a direct comment on what BI said in their exit interview that he wishes they target PG and his best season came playing off jrue and lonzo 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He stopped playing with a point guard like lonzo. This tweet from Grant Shirley is a direct comment on what BI said in their exit interview that he wishes they target PG and his best season came playing off jrue and lonzo 

That's a good point @Mikey

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Even then, his 3PAr was .350 and .341 with the point guard.  So, he's still a guy who is predominately a mid-range jumper kind of player.  

He was attempting 6 a game when he had a pg. that’s more than enough. I believe 4 per game was catch and shoot. Off the top of my head I think that’s how many saddiq was getting this season (someone with a reputation for shooting 3s). Now imagine that in Quin offense lol 

you too hung up on his perception as a player 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Even then, his 3PAr was .350 and .341 with the point guard.  So, he's still a guy who is predominately a mid-range jumper kind of player.  

For comparison  - Murray was .379 this year, .293 last year and his high before being in Atlanta was .237. there’s no reason to think Ingram wouldn’t at a similar clip to Murray under Snyder. 

my issue will always be his health. He can’t stay healthy. That’s a major problem. especially when he’s looking to his next pay day. 

17 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He was attempting 6 a game when he had a pg. that’s more than enough. I believe 4 per game was catch and shoot. Off the top of my head I think that’s how many saddiq was getting this season (someone with a reputation for shooting 3s). Now imagine that in Quin offense lol 

you too hung up on his perception as a player 

The Hawks will have the same offensive issues that the Young/ Murray pairing has.  Murray’s desire to get to his mid range jumper and his lack of desire to attack the basket and shoot threes is why the fit offensively isn’t there.  

• Premium Member

Things to also consider, Murray takes almost double the threes that Ingram takes and has a lower usage rate.

One of the main issues between Trae and Dejounte was that Dejounte's methodical, self creation style offense clashed with Trae's talent as a disruptor and offensive engine, and thats with him taking 7 threes a game!(Ingram doesn't even hit 4). Dejounte likes to find his own balance between playmaking and scoring, he's not a read and react type player or a guy who can be put in scoring position that draws doubles.

I don't watch Ingram, but I would think that he'd be more capable of translating to a scorer focused role, but his stats don't support that.

Someone let me know, can he play off of others?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

my issue will always be his health. He can’t stay healthy. That’s a major problem. especially when he’s looking to his next pay day. 

Yep. Probably also why his 3pt percentages also dropped and not only the PG thing. Need legs to shoot.

FYI:

I think DJ also has a 15% trade kicker.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

but I think in Quin's system that he will be encouraged to take more threes.  Besides I dont see any player that the Hawks can trade for is going to make a difference and get this team back on track.

Frankly, I don't care who comes here, BI, KAT or Frosty the Snowman, there has to be a change, no matter what and if we come out with the same starting five next season, we will know that they do not want to bring a winner here.

This team needs to take a risk like how the Braves does or the Falcons just did in the draft, if they want to be one of the top teams in the NBA, they have to take a risk or sell to somebody who will do that.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Change for the sake of change is worse than running it back.  

Naw at this point its proven that you can't keep both pgs on the roster.