2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

34 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, you think they will trade Trae instead of Dejounte?

The plan to me is certainly trade DJ over Trae. 

I think Trae and his camp are applying a ton of pressure to get him some help this summer but I do not think the help they will want exists on the market so he will request a trade 

24 minutes ago, JTB said:

Is Murray considered “not help” anymore?…just wondering because as I recall from our insiders, Trae asked for Murray 

Correct Trae asked for him. But clearly they don’t work and if they trade him he’s gonna want them to get a replacement 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Correct Trae asked for him. But clearly they don’t work and if they trade him he’s gonna want them to get a replacement 

Any insight on what Traes camp think “help” is?

like trading Murray for BI…..is this considered “help” ?

• Like 1

I hate to even say this but for the sake of keeping Trae…are the hawks considering drafting Bronny ????

Lawd Jesus I hope not 😆 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JTB said:

I hate to even say this but for the sake of keeping Trae…are the hawks considering drafting Bronny ????

Lawd Jesus I hope not 😆 

Hawks don't have a second-round pick - so No

Spoiler

.........and even if we did,  we shouldn't.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported that after conversations with Rich Paul, he no longer believes that LeBron James is insisting he has to play with Bronny.

Even LeBron knows.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JTB said:

Any insight on what Traes camp think “help” is?

like trading Murray for BI…..is this considered “help” ?

No clue tbh. won’t hear anything about the hawks for some time. Probably not until lottery and workouts start to ensue 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I think Trae and his camp are applying a ton of pressure to get him some help this summer but I do not think the help they will want exists on the market so he will request a trade 

Imo Trae and his camp (read: his dad) will be in for a world of hurt when they realize there is not another franchise in the league that will give him the free reign Atlanta has.  I doubt most teams would even want him for any kind of reasonable price with the exception of some bottom feeder teams that need butts in seats, i.e Pistons.

I waffle on whether I want to move forward with DJ or Trae, and I think it makes the most sense to move DJ, but there is definitely a part of me that struggles to see a championship path with Trae on a 35% of cap max in 3 years.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Imo Trae and his camp (read: his dad) will be in for a world of hurt when they realize there is not another franchise in the league that will give him the free reign Atlanta has.  I doubt most teams would even want him for any kind of reasonable price with the exception of some bottom feeder teams that need butts in seats, i.e Pistons.

I waffle on whether I want to move forward with DJ or Trae, and I think it makes the most sense to move DJ, but there is definitely a part of me that struggles to see a championship path with Trae on a 35% of cap max in 3 years.

You are absolutely correct. Not one team in the league will give him the power they have in ATL. If they get a chip with the Lakers while Lebron is there, I don’t think it will matter to them but soon after it will crumble quickly 

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Mikey said:

Is rim pressure to you only attempts and not efficiency and attempts? 

I think it is reasonable to say his shot profile will look significantly different under Quin then it does now because that has been true of pretty much all the players under Quin. Now should it shift drastically no but it will improve 

My view is when you play away from the rim it doesn’t matter what your efficiency is on your 1-4 shots per game near the rim.  You aren’t pressuring the defense in a meaningful way when you go to the rim a small fraction of the time.  I would analogize it to a big man with a great fg% who only takes a couple shots a game.  It doesn’t matter if he shoots 70% on them because the volume is so low.

If for 4 straight years he is a capable of ramping up the volume at the rim while maintaining his elite efficiency and he doesn’t do this, the player is either foolish (see Josh Smith) or the coaches are colossal idiots.  In most cases, a player with elite efficiency and very low volume reflects a player who is only taking the shot when he gets fed on a fast break or gets an open layup on a cutter or otherwise is taking advantage of very easy opportunities that aren’t scalable with the same efficiency.

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

So from sources I can't name but trust:

This is the first time the Hawks FO has seriously considered trading Trae. Trae has told the Hawks he's tired of this treadmill act. He either wants them to trade for a star and pay the LT going forward or he wants to be traded.

I think the cheapness of Ressler of not paying the LT will offset the money Trae makes for the franchise and he will "reluctantly" agree to move Trae and the team will restock with draft picks and maybe a young guy. This, I stress, is my personal opinion and NOT what I was told by sources I trust.

Not the first time technically. Schlenk was ready to trade him before they traded for Dejounte. Ownership was not on board

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

So from sources I can't name but trust:

This is the first time the Hawks FO has seriously considered trading Trae. Trae has told the Hawks he's tired of this treadmill act. He either wants them to trade for a star and pay the LT going forward or he wants to be traded.

I think the cheapness of Ressler of not paying the LT will offset the money Trae makes for the franchise and he will "reluctantly" agree to move Trae and the team will restock with draft picks and maybe a young guy. This, I stress, is my personal opinion and NOT what I was told by sources I trust.

All-star?  Nope.  Just a very good PG with a lot of talent.  Problem is, he is using up too much of the annual payroll for what he does.  Trae will be hard to trade.  Why?  Because the Hawks and all their fans, including me, will want too much in return.  He's led us, in the past season, to a sud-.500 year.  

He was out, injured.  He came back and JJ was out, injured.  Hawks couldn't win.

Look at all the youth with Trae's #11 uniform top.  The heart of all our youth.  Yet, we can't win.  Makes us wonder where everything went wrong, doesn't it.  Solution.  Just keep Trae and continue to strive for that elusive .500 standing by season's end.

What / who could Atlanta get for Trae?  If he leaves, by trade or otherwise, I hope he ends up on the west coast and away from the Atlanta Hawks team.  

My conclusion.  Hawks are a .500 team.  Without Trae and his huge bite out of the payroll apple, Atlanta is a .500 team.

:ahf:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This is a case of you don't know what you have until it's gone.  There are a lot of Hawks fans who have no idea that Trae Young is the best point guard in the NBA.  When he's gone, you will realize that.  

He's not the best pg lol.

• Thanks 1