• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

34 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There has to be more coming back to Atlanta.  CJ is not a prize.  Herb fits the Hawks most dire need for POA perimeter defense.  However, more has to come back for Trae.  

Yeah, and I can see CJ get send to a third team since I dont see a Murrary/CJ backcourt working.  

So, I see is.

Trae/OO for BI/Herb/Dyson or CJ (to a third team)/Picks

I don't get the desire some have to get Ingram.  Particularly if he plays with Dejounte.  They do the same thing.  They are mid-range mavens and will take bad shots to get their middy game on.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Correct I am saying the proposed deal at deadline was for DJM and will likely be discussed in variations again. CJ wouldn't be in it most likely or he'd go to a third team.

You absolutely do not trade Trae for just Herb and CJ

I think your post below the initial tweet was confusing.

Miami Heat folks think they can get whoever they want.  They don't have the capital to pull off a deal for Trae Young unless they tamper like they did with Dame and get him to say Miami is the only place he's willing to go.  

• Thanks 3

So, those of you with connections, are you hearing anything different on the Trae front?  I know it's media propaganda more than likely, but it seems like there is just a lot more trade Trae talk going on that hasn't been squashed yet.  I know Brad keeps reiterating that he's not hearing anything on the Trae front.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Miami Heat folks think they can get whoever they want.  They don't have the capital to pull off a deal for Trae Young unless they tamper like they did with Dame and get him to say Miami is the only place he's willing to go.  

Even then Atlanta would probably prefer to just keep him rather than take garbage back because Miami is holding Fields over a barrell.

33 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I don't get the desire some have to get Ingram.  Particularly if he plays with Dejounte.  They do the same thing.  They are mid-range mavens and will take bad shots to get their middy game on.  

I also have some deep reservations about Ingram.  The lack of contributions outside of scoring and the focus on the middy game raise questions for me whether that is a good fit next to Trae.  Seems like a strong defender and perimeter shooter should be more the focus.  I also question how he could deliver positive value on his next contract given what I'd expect him to get which sounds like it might be higher than what Jeff and perhaps some others expect him to take.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

This is why Ingram does not fit alongside Trae.  

Who had less muscle 💪🏿 Pierce or Danny 💩 Manning? I hated both! 

33 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, those of you with connections, are you hearing anything different on the Trae front?

Ya I have an update, he isn’t going ANYWHERE! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Atlanta Braves have a lesson (Example) to teach their Atlanta Hawk partners.

Braves have made several trades.  Made the most of these trades.  The Braves are, right now, a first-place team.  

Hawks are in need of certain players and have an over-abundance of others.  Hawks are a sub-.500 team and are at the very edge of paying taxes for having too much payroll.  Time to auction off some players.  Shuffle the deck and re-deal!

We can't trade _______.  Really?  Ask the Braves about their great 1st baseman who went west.  What happened?

:smug:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Don't overpay for talent that is replaceable.  The John Collins and DeAndre Hunter extensions would have never happened under a guy like AA.  

Ain't this the truth... So many GM's are afraid of letting these guys walk and get baited into overpaying.

AA knows how to GM.. can he be the GM of Falcons, Braves, and Hawks at the same time

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Ain't this the truth... So many GM's are afraid of letting these guys walk and get baited into overpaying.

AA knows how to GM.. can he be the GM of Falcons, Braves, and Hawks at the same time

The next Stan Kasten

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KB21 said:

Hope and trust in Synder is the desire.

We hope BI’s length & wingspan makes a significant difference with the help of Hawks university.

To me! If you trade for BI, you are betting on Synder to utilize BI in a different way we haven’t seen on both ends.

I believe Synder can get BI to become a better 3pt shooter just like he was able to do with Murray and cut down the mid range shots. With defense it may be more impactful to have a more engaged BI than Murray strictly do to BI’s length. It seems as if Synder already teaches to play in passing lanes so it’s possible BI will look like a better defender overall with that one change.

I personally believe if we can get Dyson in the deal to then you do it. He can’t space the floor but the kid has good defensive potential just like Bufkin. I think it’s a pipe dream to get Herb Jones at this point but that’s just my opinion. If I’m the pelicans i wouldn’t trade herb jones for anyone less than a star. It’s hard to find a POA defender! Especially one who’s lengthy.

We may have to settle on a lineup of Trae, BI, Hunter, Jalen, drafted center ….and hope they stay healthy.