• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member

Keeping Trae or Murray could both be the best path forward. All depends on what teams are willing to give up for both and what timeline we put ourselves on.  The hauls rumored for Murray at the deadline were pathetic though, and teams usually trade hauls if picks for superstars, not loads of talent… tough path either way.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Keeping Trae or Murray could both be the best path forward. All depends on what teams are willing to give up for both and what timeline we put ourselves on.  The hauls rumored for Murray at the deadline were pathetic though, and teams usually trade hauls if picks for superstars, not loads of talent… tough path either way.

When the rumor is you are also looking for expiring contracts in return (LAL, NYK) - that puts you at a disadvantage wether true or not. The whispers affect the return teams will offer.  When the perception is 'unwilling to pay' 'reduce payroll' it becomes problematic.

13 hours ago, Sothron said:

sick from new diabetic medication, really doing a number on my stomach. thanks for wondering about this old guy bro 🙂

My one lone update from two Hawks sources:

Our starting backcourt will be different next season. One was that short, literally word for word, and the other was a little more wordy but it is what you've all heard: Trae could get more but Ressler wants to keep him and DJ is the more likely trade candidate. Both agreed the Trae/DJ days are over.

Sothron:  Get well soon!

The major problem is, teams reading this all assume that there is a fire sale going on with Murray and that they can get him for nothing much. This seems to be what happened at the trade deadline.  

If the offers for Murray continue to be very weak and a real blockbuster deal is offered for Trae, Atlanta may indeed look a lot different next season.  Hawks don't want to trade Trae but they don't want to give away Murray.  That's why they are both here now.

:smug:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Potential 4yr/$221 for Ingram vs 4/$114mil for DJ :blanky:

:blanky:

Definitely a trade from Pelican fan. How we gonna trade the player with higher value and give up a higher pick in the process

Other than NO highly targeting OO and us for one of their POA defenders. This ain't bad once you remove #10

• Like 4

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This ain't bad once you remove #10

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Take away the pick swaps and i don’t hate it

So do you thinks the Hawks will want to and should they sign BI for $50 mil? 

If the Hawks aren't willing, then the trade is essentially for Nance ($11 mil next 2 years) and  #21 (maybe)?

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If the Hawks aren't willing, then the trade is essentially for Nance ($11 mil next 2 years) and  #21 (maybe)?

Right now, the Pels aren't willing to do anything without OO in it and Atlanta wants a POA defender from NO and they don't identify BI as one. 

From what I was last told. He's okay coming to Atlanta and willing to negotiate with the Hawks. For how much, idk but it was confirmed to be significantly more than Murray's salary. 

So while this trade, remove 10 isn't awful, it's not what either team is targeting. 

From NO, they are saying BI wants 50 mil per but I haven't confirmed that's his legit market and BI does want to leave NO for some reason, unknown so like Murray, he might be willing to take a more reasonable deal but it won't be Murray reasonable.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I dont really think Ingram is gonna get a 35% of the cap max deal so i disagree with the premise, but making the trade would probably still be worth it to give the team a year run with him.  Whole roster would fit significantly better and we would have more options how to move forward.

This team is not one DJ trade from being a contender so we gotta make positive incremental steps to build one.  This would be in the right direction 

• Moderators

This is a tough one purely because of the contract situation.  If they were signed to the exact same deal, this would be a no brainer improvement for both teams, imo.

image.png

image.png

They are about the same age.  Their numbers are incredibly similar.  NO has a bunch of wings and needs a point.  We have point covered and need to upgrade the talent and depth of our wings.  Just very similar players.

But having to pay Ingram way more than DJM for a team that is already going to be strapped for cash makes it a lot tougher.

Maybe you could do something like Ingram and Daniels for DJM, AJ and CC?  I don't know.  Nance seems overpaid and doesn't do much for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Nance seems overpaid and doesn't do much for me.

Not sure about this. With a guy like Trae you want a dude like Nance floating around unpredictably tipping in missed shots and even finishing easy oops to LN jr. 

I like him as a bench dude like a 7th or 8th man for us. 

Only thing is he has very little basketball skill and it’s 90% athleticism only from him, he gets hurt(big injury)  he becomes unplayable.

Fk I gram he is nowhere close to that good. I mean its just not there, Murray may have be highest value player in the league after this playoffs because of all these roleplayers getting paid like stars and you see what is what when the refs let them play defence.  

I get the issue with 2 guards but clearly Dallas figures out a way to make this happen now Luka is big so that's a lot of it and I'm not saying to keep Murray the example is the Knicks how In tf did we let them build this team right in front of our faces, 

Point is yea it's harder to build around weak defenders but some teams are atleast figuring out ways to do it and still win playoff games.  How we have regressed and the Knicks have gotten better without rnadle is bullshit and there's not much of an excuse for it

One of Murray and Trae got to go but I'm not sure Trae is the more valuable player in terms of what it means to overall team mechanics.  Murray contract is looking like one of the best in the league more and more day by day 

Edited by hylndr11

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

For how much, idk but it was confirmed to be significantly more than Murray's salary. 

He's already making more than Murray next season alone. So ee know that going in: $36 mil vs $25 mil. The question is are they willing to almost double the Murray cost in the following seasons.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Definitely a trade from Pelican fan. How we gonna trade the player with higher value and give up a higher pick in the process

Other than NO highly targeting OO and us for one of their POA defenders. This ain't bad once you remove #10

Casue BI is a better player and this draft class the tier of player from 10-21 won't be drastically different like other drafts. That account isnt a normal pels fan btw. He knows someone in the org

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Casue BI is a better player and this draft class the tier of player from 10-21 won't be drastically different like other drafts. That account isnt a normal pels fan btw. He knows someone in the org

Murray is better than BI. 

Superior contract

Much better trade value

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gross — Losing the trade on the court and on the balance sheet. Has Ingram ever shown the ability to lead?  At his price, leading is an expectation.  I don’t see it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Murray is better than BI. 

Superior contract

Much better trade value

Murray does literally nothing better on the basketball court than BI. Better scorer Bi, Better defender BI, better playmaker BI. Bigger Bi.

Now he does have a far superior contract so i see the value side but BI potential contract also means nothing cause I doubt his injury history injury suggests he's getting that max

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So Pels fans think it's realistic to receive the better player on a better contract, the better pick, the better Center, and a free good wing prospect for good measure. 

They must be visiting Canadia 

• Haha 2