• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Admin
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I honestly want 3 1sts but that's not happening. Murray contract is infinitely better and BI is gonna get PAID 

I hope we can land Jones. He's a better fit than BI and a thousand times cheaper

This team needs defense … adding  more offense with BI who provides nothing at the other end does not make this team better 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can we get Brooklyn to bite on DJ, OO and AJ for Mikal? 

Mikal + 2nd round pick

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

This team needs defense … adding  more offense with BI who provides nothing at the other end does not make this team better 

I wouldn't say it provides nothing but it's not like a sum gain against Murray. Maybe on defense because he's actually a SG/SF unlike Murray but Murray gives us a high end backup PG too. Without Murray, we need a backup PG better than Forrest 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't say it provides nothing but it's not like a sum gain against Murray. Maybe on defense because he's actually a SG/SF unlike Murray but Murray gives us a high end backup PG too. Without Murray, we need a backup PG better than Forrest 

Still have Jalen who can handle the ball. And I think Kobe can be the backup pg.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Do the Hawks have any ability to sign FAs? I'm assuming with their cap they can't sign anyone. Is that correct? 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Kobe isn’t quite ready but Im sure he is here as a future PG option. At least defensively for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Still have Jalen who can handle the ball. And I think Kobe can be the backup pg.

Do the Hawks have any ability to sign FAs? I'm assuming with their cap they can't sign anyone. Is that correct? 

As long as Ressler is in charge, I'd have to say, no.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Both agreed the Trae/DJ days are over

Was a "fun" experiment letting nepo baby call some shots based on his 2k experience, but hopefully these past couple of years will push Ressler to get non-basketball-minded voices out of the room and let a singular person at the top call the shots🙏🏽

Hope you feel better soon Soth💪🏽 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sothron said:

sick from new diabetic medication, really doing a number on my stomach. thanks for wondering about this old guy bro 🙂

My one lone update from two Hawks sources:

Our starting backcourt will be different next season. One was that short, literally word for word, and the other was a little more wordy but it is what you've all heard: Trae could get more but Ressler wants to keep him and DJ is the more likely trade candidate. Both agreed the Trae/DJ days are over.

Those GLP-1 agonists will do it to you.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

All my friends, who aren't really nba guys, want Trae gone and keep DJ.  Mostly based on the Bulls game. 

There in lies the problem - a snap decision based on one game.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Say what you like but this team played way better with Trae out several games.  Trae comes back and we are back to the old no defense out of sync games.  Trae reminds me of Tiny Archibald, who was just a stat machine.  

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Say what you like but this team played way better with Trae out several games.  Trae comes back and we are back to the old no defense out of sync games.  Trae reminds me of Tiny Archibald, who was just a stat machine.  

The problem on defense from the guard spot is playing Trae and DJM together.  They both make the other worse and don't pair at all.  Both guys are much better when the other is off the floor if you look at full season numbers.  If we had OG instead of DJM we would be a much better D.  If we had OG instead of Trae we would be a much better defense.  Heck, they play better defense with Bogi at the 2 with either of them.  We need to move one of them and upgrade the rest of the roster with the return.  Fit is the issue for backcourt.  Depth and talent for the frontcourt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Except that they didn't.  The offense was significantly worse, and the defense was buoyed by the fact that they were either bad offensive teams or team's that had nothing to play for (Boston).  

This is true.

i still think the best route is stick with Trae and use DJM to get more defense. Sign and trade for defense across the board. 

dump Bey Capela and Dre for better defenders

Out:

Bey, Dre, Capela, DJM

In:

Starters for Defensive Center, Defensive Forwards (OG or Trey or Bridges or Herb types), start Bogi at the 2 and use Kobe to back him up. Sign Delon Wright to backup Trae.

Edited by theheroatl