• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I want to see OO force Quin's hand for the starting job. Take it from CC.

This. 

Nothing wrong with CC being a super backup on a higher deal when your starter is on a cheap deal.  OO seems ready to take on the starting role, imo.  Put him out there and let's see how much better he gets.    

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I actually think there is now no real rush or urgency to move Capela with this OO deal. +/-$35 mil at C for 2 years combined. If there is a good deal that falls in our lap, sure. Otherwise it's a 2 headed monster at C.  

I want to see OO force Quin's hand for the starting job. Take it from CC.

I foresee an increase in minutes for OO with playing some 4 if he keeps expanding his range.

I agree.  Capela and OO are a great combo at this price.  Additionally we have our core locked up for a few seasons.  

Are we back to WLOC days?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

With the injury to Stephen Adams.  A couple Grizzlies trade proposal ideas:

Atlanta Hawks Receive: C Steven Adams, F/C Brandon Clarke, 2025 First-Round Pick (MEM) 

Memphis Grizzlies Receive: C Clint Capela, G Patty Mills 

image.png.03a10b9834a41dc9bf777b2096fb3698.png

3. Here's one with the Pelicans:

Atlanta Hawks Receive: C Jonas Valanciunas, G Kira Lewis Jr., 2025 First-Round Pick (MIL via NOP) 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

With the injury to Stephen Adams.  A couple Grizzlies trade proposal ideas:

Atlanta Hawks Receive: C Steven Adams, F/C Brandon Clarke, 2025 First-Round Pick (MEM) 

Memphis Grizzlies Receive: C Clint Capela, G Patty Mills 

image.png.03a10b9834a41dc9bf777b2096fb3698.png

3. Here's one with the Pelicans:

Atlanta Hawks Receive: C Jonas Valanciunas, G Kira Lewis Jr., 2025 First-Round Pick (MIL via NOP) 

1. Two injured guys? Adams with ACL and Clark with achilles? So we now have 2 critical roster spots to fill.

2. Another guard? Burno as backup? That's not an improvement.

3. The only one interesting.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. Two injured guys? Adams with ACL and Clark with achilles? So we now have 2 critical roster spots to fill.

2. Another guard? Burno as backup? That's not an improvement.

3. The only one interesting.

I'm really just stirring up conversation.  But Brandon Clarke is expected back in a few weeks.  Could make that trade when he's ready to play.  Clarke is signed to a 4 year extension at $12.5M per year.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I'm really just stirring up conversation.  But Brandon Clarke is expected back in a few weeks.  Could make that trade when he's ready to play.  Clarke is signed to a 4 year extension at $12.5M per year.  

I don't think so.

Screenshot_20231025_090543_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Somebody tellin you lies, fq.

Well I guess, technically, 'several months from now' is also "a few weeks" so I'll back off. 🤓

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Somebody tellin you lies, fq.

Well I guess, technically, 'several months from now' is also "a few weeks" so I'll back off. 🤓

My SJSU state boy sign him then Tariq Abdul Wahad to coach him and they can reminisce about getting Togos on campus 😂 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
On 10/21/2023 at 11:13 AM, Final_quest said:

Where do we get the idea that the perfect trade will be available for us at the exact time we want to make a trade?  We can fantasize about the perfect Capela trade coming to our door step after this season, but they probably started those conversations last summer.  You make the trade whenever we get an offer we like.  

We tried to move Collins for like 3 years and never got an offer that moved us and ended up with zero.  My view is you stay active in talks along the way and jump when the return is good.  

Sounds like you just agreed with me.  Don't make a trade now just because you feel pressure.  Always keep the conversation open and make the move when the value is there.  No need to force it.

• Like 2