• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

21 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

The Luol Deng fiasco makes a lot more sense now.

I remember the Larry Drew situation when he wouldn't officially release him until right before the draft even though he never had any intentions of bringing him back which ended up backfiring on him and led us to losing Giannis.

I'm not surprised he never got another GM role.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 6/30/2023 at 3:17 PM, Spud2nique said:

@JayBirdHawk if we get Zu, that’s 2 for you (DM and Zu) and 2 for me (OO AJ). :heya:

Ivica Zubac on the trading block?

i_12_4c_2e_ivica-zubac.png?w=190

Los Angeles has also made starting center Ivica Zubac available in trade talks,sources said, with an idea of retaining veteran big man Mason Plumlee in his stead.

via Yahoo! Sports

The Latest Capela/Zubac trade idea from the interwebs:

Capela and 2nd for Zubac, Bones and a 2nd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Latest Capela/Zubac trade idea from the interwebs:

Capela and 2nd for Zubac, Bones and a 2nd.

Pull it, just open it up for Big O. Ya I said Big O if you don’t like it kiss me where the sun don’t shine ☀️ 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Pull it, just open it up for Big O. Ya I said Big O if you don’t like it kiss me where the sun don’t shine ☀️ 

Big O ?  Spud, when did Oscar R. come out of retirement and join our Hawk's team?  Dang, he must be nearly as old as King James!  

😇

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

change bones to norman powell and i'm in.  

Norm is making $18 million per over the next 3 years, we have Murray and Bogi taking up a lot at SG and a lot of money.

It will have to be CC and Patty for Zubac and Norm.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I'm still hoping!  If the Hawks are trading 0017, hopefully they can do a three way or something and get that young center from the Hornets.  Mark Williams if a 22-year-old, 7 ft. product of Duke.  I wanted him in the draft.  Still do.  He didn't play recently, injured, but should be fine next season.

A center for a center and something to make the payroll work.  

:smug:

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So we are going to trade one guy who favors mid range jumpers over three pointers for another guy who favors mid range jumpers over three pointers.  

I believe the size between BI and Murray is what they want to improve. Based on the 2nd half of the season, Murray has been a better player than BI but BI is still a top 60-70 player and he can play the 2-3 like Hunter. This doesn't include OO who's seen as a prize by NO who they been coveting for awhile. 

• Thanks 1