• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

BI adds spacing. 

Only 24% of his shots are threes.  That’s not spacing the floor.  Much like Murray, he wants to get into the mid range and shoot a low efficiency shot.  It clogs up the lane for Trae.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheBigETrain said:

Garrison has done well in limited minutes. Leads the NBA in 3 point percentage. I don't see why Atlanta would get rid of him.

I never said he's gone. He's on the cusp meaning if they have to create more room, he could be axed but they like Bruno and Garrison. 

29 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Coaching.  You should know better than anyone what habits Quin and his staff can instill -- Murray's diet went from 23% of his attempts from 3 to 38% under Quin.

Facts. Murray was not a floor spacer either until he (a) was forced to play off ball, and (b) increased his shot diet under Quin.

• Like 3

• Moderators
10 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Facts. Murray was not a floor spacer either until he (a) was forced to play off ball, and (b) increased his shot diet under Quin.

Crazy to see huge jump in attempts and percentage like this though.   Luckily BI already shoots a decent %

image.png <<< DJ's last 4 years 3 point shooting

• Like 1

• Moderators

I thought we wanted Dyson Daniels?  Although i don't know why with Kobe and Vit already in the fold.  

Murray is on such a great contract we should have a lot of offers to consider if we decide to move him.  If we're including OO then i'd think we could get a really good SG and a decent center in return.  or a SG and first round picks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KB21 said:

So we are going to trade one guy who favors mid range jumpers over three pointers for another guy who favors mid range jumpers over three pointers.  

Just like with Hunter and Murray Quin will get this changed for Ingram lol. Ingram been significantly underrated this year and took a step back in scoring to playmake and defend. He is an ideal 2 next to Trae. Ingram wasn't talked about a ton at the deadline but he will be a big discussion this summer. Dyson is likely to come to the hawks in deal too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Just like with Hunter and Murray Quin will get this changed for Ingram lol. Ingram been significantly underrated this year and took a step back in scoring to playmake and defend. He is an ideal 2 next to Trae. Ingram wasn't talked about a ton at the deadline but he will be a big discussion this summer. Dyson is likely to come to the hawks in deal too.

I want to see him actively accept being more of a spot up three-point shooter before I say he's an ideal fit beside Trae.  In theory, yes.  The ideal fit next to Trae is someone that plays similar to Bogi on offense but adds being an on-ball defender to the table.  

• Like 1

I do think Dyson Daniels is a guy who could explode under Quin.  He's the type of wing defender the team needs.  He's a guy who can guard at least 1-3 on the court.  His offense is a work in progress, and that's where I think Quin can have a significant impact.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I do think Dyson Daniels is a guy who could explode under Quin.  He's the type of wing defender the team needs.  He's a guy who can guard at least 1-3 on the court.  His offense is a work in progress, and that's where I think Quin can have a significant impact.  

Give me him over a guy like Thybulle who, to me, is a one trick pony defensively. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, capstone21 said:

BI is always hurt and he is going to,cost a mint.

i am so disappointed about not getting Tre Murphy III

55, 45, 63 games played the last 3 seasons. He'd fit splendidly in with the 'Hawkspital'.

He's making $36 million next season. (Murray is making $25). How much money are we paying him on an extension?

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

Garrison has done well in limited minutes. Leads the NBA in 3 point percentage. I don't see why Atlanta would get rid of him.

The problem isn't the limited minutes portion. It's when he's forced to start or play a larger role than intended fir too many games is when it becomes problematic. We need real depth in the 2nd stringers.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The details he got is Ingram is willing to resign but NO sees him in the same range as Murray and his reps don't. Atlanta believes they can resign Ingram.

Can you explain the bolded further.

Murray is making $18 mil, BI is making $33 mil this season.

Murray signed a max extension which was 140% of his existing $18 mil. So next season starts at $25 million. BI is making $36 mil next season. He not taking $25 million.

Max 1st year salary with $141 million Salary Cap.

25% Max $35.2 mil, 30% Max $42.3 mil, 35% max $49.35

How much are the Hawks willing to pay?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1