• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

When I think of the Hawk's future the foremost thing that comes to mind are our very talented youth.  Example:  In our last game of the season our starting center was out.  Our #2 center was out.  Our #3 center started and was backed up by our #4 center, a very inexperienced rookie who missed most of this season with injuries.  He may end up being a PF and not a center.  Where have we heard this before?

Kobe Bufkin has looked like a keeper.  AJ Griffin has hardly played this season.  We've heard rumors that Atlanta has been offered a 1st round pick for him.  He's still very, very young and talented.  

Whatever happens in this summer's draft, we hope to obtain a useable big man.  Some end of the bench players will either be let go or traded.  Hawks can have just so many players and no more.  Two or three two-way Skyhawks.  

:smug:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can you explain the bolded further.

Murray is making $18 mil, BI is making $33 mil this season.

Murray signed a max extension which was 140% of his existing $18 mil. So next season starts at $25 million. BI is making $36 mil next season. He not taking $25 million.

Max 1st year salary with $141 million Salary Cap.

25% Max $35.2 mil, 30% Max $42.3 mil, 35% max $49.35

How much are the Hawks willing to pay?

A lot more than what Murray is making. This is a big part of the reason for the attraction of this deal. His upcoming contract is why Atlanta wanted significantly more from NO than they would for a Murphy package or Jones package who they really coveted. They wanted Herb Jones. 

As far as Dyson Daniels, he was someone mentioned when it was Herb Jones or Murphy but it doesn't seem like he's been mention of late. NO is more open to trading picks than Daniels. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

NO is more open to trading picks than Daniels. 

Hawks need players that can help immediately vs picks where we won't see actualized oncourt results for several years.....see Huerter, Kevin...already 2 years and counting.

Unless we are able to parlay those pick for additional help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I don’t think BI has played at all in the 4th of this play-in game. Zion is out hurt too and BI is still riding the bench. Yikes. 

13 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Certainly seems like BI is on the outs

I think BI is just back from an injury. Missed the last 12 games before playing in the last regular season game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think BI is just back from an injury. Missed the last 12 games before playing in the last regular season game.

His body language wasn’t great.

Anyway, is BI the answer? I don’t think so. We need a complete defensive overall.

Now Alvarado? Sure I’ll take him in a heartbeat 

Alvarado Murphy and Jones for half our roster… come on griff

Edited by theheroatl

Just now, theheroatl said:

Anyway, is BI the answer? I don’t think so. We need a complete defensive overall.

We don't have the personnel for GTA. 

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I tuned out.  Were they just sitting him to play for the 9/10 game?

I saw Zion play well then do what I expect him to continue doing (get hurt). 

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Aw, you're just tryna get on my good side.

Just now, NBASupes said:

We don't have the personnel for GTA. 

Not enough overall size? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Alvarado Murphy and Jones for half our roster… come on griff

His body language wasn't great when he played USA FIBA - he complained/struggled without the ball.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 9:45 PM, kg01 said:

I tuned out.  Were they just sitting him to play for the 9/10 game?

I saw Zion play well then do what I expect him to continue doing (get hurt). 

Aw, you're just tryna get on my good side.

Not enough overall size? 

Not enough defensive talent. He's one of those needs a defensive personnel guys so he can fully play his style.

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not enough defensive talent. He's one of those needs a defensive personnel guys so he can fully play his style.

There is a lot of defensive talent on the wing in NO.  Can't ask for much better.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm not believing we can't lure Herb Jones.   Nola wants OO and they desperately need DJ.   We offer them DJ/OO/Bruno for Herb/BI.   Takes BI off their hands.  I say we don't even extend him but just let him play out next year.  At the end of the day we'll still have Herb and a ton of cap space once BI comes off. 

Combine that move with getting nic claxton or someone and we're cooking.

Granted both of these are probably impossible but i can dream. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I need more than that.  We should at least get a 1st for including OO, and another pick for taking Ingram off their hands.  

Yeah, there's a deal there that helps both sides imho. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I need more than that.  We should at least get a 1st for including OO, and another pick for taking Ingram off their hands.  

I honestly want 3 1sts but that's not happening. Murray contract is infinitely better and BI is gonna get PAID 

44 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not believing we can't lure Herb Jones.   Nola wants OO and they desperately need DJ.   We offer them DJ/OO/Bruno for Herb/BI.   Takes BI off their hands.  I say we don't even extend him but just let him play out next year.  At the end of the day we'll still have Herb and a ton of cap space once BI comes off. 

Combine that move with getting nic claxton or someone and we're cooking.

Granted both of these are probably impossible but i can dream. 

I hope we can land Jones. He's a better fit than BI and a thousand times cheaper

• Like 2