• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Are you projecting that Kobe will or should start next season next to Trae ?

That may work with BI at the 3 but what do we do with Hunter?….put him on the bench? I’d be ok with it personally. We’d just have an expensive bench depth which I’m not against.

(Starters) Trae, Kobe, BI, Jalen, Edey or Clingan

(Bench) ???, Bogi, Bey, Hunter, Capela

I am not projecting anything but I would think BI would be at the 3 for us. Not the 2 unless we plan on starting Dre. For spacing reasons, Bogi or Kobe may be the starter especially since BI and Hunter are three level in similar spots 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KB21 said:

Like 95% of them can’t.  They don’t grasp the importance of guards boxing out and contested rebounding either.  I knew the heat were gonna get steamrolled when Delon was ruled out.

It’s depressing Orlando just leapfrogged the Hawks out the blue for years to come.  And their most talented player Banchero is one of their worst metric players to boot, suggesting his progression is gonna be one of steady improvement.  Unlike the Hawks’ focal player who is a veteran with worsening metrics.

They’re so much younger, so much tougher, so much bigger.  Their POA defense with a healthy Isaac to back them is murderous.  I knew White Joe Ingles would have a great impact like Conley and Kyle have for there young team but’s it’s been massive: all their minds took a step forward.  Not surprised at all they’re tied up with Cleveland.  Didn’t see a blowout coming yesterday tho.

I hope Mosley takes COTY.  Daigneault is exceptional as well but I knew OKC was gonna mash up the league coming into the season: their top 3 players are all exceptional.  But the Magic have been the surprise of the season, props to Thibs as well though.  The Knicks went through it with injuries, still snagged a two seed.  But yeah Jamahl earned that, possession by possession.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

As far as OO, his best fit has always been being surrounded by fellow solid defenders (he simply doesn’t have the makeup to raise the floor for bad ones) playing behind and sometimes alongside a stretch.  Like the total opposite of what he has here.  I want a change of scenery for him badly so I can see his high-level motor and infectious, point differential energy again.

And kill the Brandon Ingram talk yall.  He’s useless.  Always has been and will be.  Metrics are ass.  I already hate Kevin Durant, what I want with a Dollar Tree version?

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

And kill the Brandon Ingram talk yall.  He’s useless.  Always has been and will be.  Metrics are ass.  I already hate Kevin Durant, what I want with a Dollar Tree version?

:laugh1:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

As far as OO, his best fit has always been being surrounded by fellow solid defenders (he simply doesn’t have the makeup to raise the floor for bad ones) playing behind and sometimes alongside a stretch.  Like the total opposite of what he has here.  I want a change of scenery for him badly so I can see his high-level motor and infectious, point differential energy again.

He's the best we can get for Murray. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

GTA, Herb, and Trey are the dudes to target from NO:

IMG_7785.thumb.jpeg.c4ba5dfecffb910403b4928c91bb0248.jpegIMG_7784.thumb.jpeg.52c1632857d9d8bffcd0b9a63cc46bfc.jpeg

Let’s stop coveting these sh*t players.

GTA isn't a fit for us

The other two are obviously more valued than BI by their franchise and we did target them over BI. We just got shut down 

BI is a positive player, just not an impact player. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, JTB said:

Traes perfect fit is going to be a scoring big man. Hopefully we address that in the draft.

otherwise I’m not concerned about a perfect fit with Trae at the 2 because that’s not really our biggest issue or concern 

Disagree.  

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

This.  

This also extends some to JJ, who has real on the ball defensive ability and strong secondary rim protection.  He gets lost sometimes when he has to help and recover and in transition.  On a nightly basis though, those two are our two best overall defenders.  I have high hopes for Kobe joining them.  The Hawks desperately need that POA wing defender that can guard 1-3 if not 1-4.  

It’s enough of an issue that I would seriously consider Ryan Dunn at ten for his defense and take a chance that Quin can make his offense better.  Very similar to Herb Jones when he came out of Alabama.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This.  

This also extends some to JJ, who has real on the ball defensive ability and strong secondary rim protection.  He gets lost sometimes when he has to help and recover and in transition.  On a nightly basis though, those two are our two best overall defenders.  I have high hopes for Kobe joining them.  The Hawks desperately need that POA wing defender that can guard 1-3 if not 1-4.  

It’s enough of an issue that I would seriously consider Ryan Dunn at ten for his defense and take a chance that Quin can make his offense better.  Very similar to Herb Jones when he came out of Alabama.  

I watched Dunn a good bit being a terror against my Jackets.  He's definitely a player type that would be helpful for us.  But, as others mention, I prefer we get personnel that could help our POA.  Well heck, why not do both I guess. 

I’d only take Bi if he came with Herb Jones. And if pelicans really want OO, we could do DJ, Hunter and OO for BI, Herb Jones and Nance. 

Orlando does look impressive. I agree with others that Suggs would be great next to Trae. Wonder if we could do DJ for Isaac and Suggs. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I watched Dunn a good bit being a terror against my Jackets.  He's definitely a player type that would be helpful for us.  But, as others mention, I prefer we get personnel that could help our POA.  Well heck, why not do both I guess. 

Dunn would be the POA defender on the wing.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Seemed more like a big wing to me.  While we're at it, let's pick up that Beekman kid too. 

He is, but he’s also a guy who can guard 2-4 with his POA defense while providing excellent secondary rim protection.  

He’s not a DeAndre Hunter who is good at defending bigger wings but not so good at defending 2s or 4s.  Of course, I think DeAndre could have been better but his early years were wasted with shitty coaching.  

Of course, the issue with taking Dunn at 10 is that it’s a reach for a need.  Out of all the players in this draft though, his defense is the singular most elite trait in this draft.  

23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Of course, the issue with taking Dunn at 10 is that it’s a reach for a need.  Out of all the players in this draft though, his defense is the singular most elite trait in this draft.  

Dunn might be available in UDFA. His Shooting is Clint level bad 

39 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He will be drafted in the first round.  

I think he'll be drafted but is probably closer to a 2nd rounder than a top 10 guy.  Like with Jones and Murphy, I can see him being a better pro than a college player.  Which means he'll be undervalued come draft time.