• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Funny how narratives can change depending on the jersey.......:blanky:

Heat trading for Trae Young would give Jimmy Butler another chance at a championship

Trae Young has been dismissed as an empty stats player. That narrative would change if he were in a Miami Heat jersey.

By Brennan Sims | 8:00 AM EDT

Atlanta Hawks v Miami Heat / Michael Reaves/GettyImages

Consider this: only two players in NBA history have managed to average 20 points and nine assists in their careers. One is the legendary Oscar Robertson and the other is none other than Trae Young. The diminutive dynamic playmaker has led the Hawks to a top-10 offense three times in his career, with a top two finish in 2022.

https://allucanheat.com/posts/heat-trade-trae-young-jimmy-butler-championship-chance

Atlanta Hawks v Miami Heat / Michael Reaves/GettyImages

Consider this: only two players in NBA history have managed to average 20 points and nine assists in their careers. One is the legendary Oscar Robertson and the other is none other than Trae Young. The diminutive dynamic playmaker has led the Hawks to a top-10 offense three times in his career, with a top two finish in 2022.

https://allucanheat.com/posts/heat-trade-trae-young-jimmy-butler-championship-chance

@benhillboy rolling over in his grave over this article

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

I just don’t think Ingram is going to suddenly change his style.  

This is fair. I just don’t think we have a ton of options on the table.

11 hours ago, AHF said:

Even then Atlanta would probably prefer to just keep him rather than take garbage back because Miami is holding Fields over a barrell.

I also have some deep reservations about Ingram.  The lack of contributions outside of scoring and the focus on the middy game raise questions for me whether that is a good fit next to Trae.  Seems like a strong defender and perimeter shooter should be more the focus.  I also question how he could deliver positive value on his next contract given what I'd expect him to get which sounds like it might be higher than what Jeff and perhaps some others expect him to take.

I see him as a much better fit next to Trae like Bey just due to the fact he can play the 3. Playing the 3 means you aren't really in the way. 

6 hours ago, AHF said:

Bogi being healthy has made that contract a great deal.  It was sketchy to me given his health track record at the time.  Murray and OO's deals both looked great to me when signed.

Bogi deal looked like a clear overpay. His summer with Serbia and finally being healthy made him massively valuable to us 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JTB said:

Hope and trust in Synder is the desire.

We hope BI’s length & wingspan makes a significant difference with the help of Hawks university.

To me! If you trade for BI, you are betting on Synder to utilize BI in a different way we haven’t seen on both ends.

I believe Synder can get BI to become a better 3pt shooter just like he was able to do with Murray and cut down the mid range shots. With defense it may be more impactful to have a more engaged BI than Murray strictly do to BI’s length. It seems as if Synder already teaches to play in passing lanes so it’s possible BI will look like a better defender overall with that one change.

I personally believe if we can get Dyson in the deal to then you do it. He can’t space the floor but the kid has good defensive potential just like Bufkin. I think it’s a pipe dream to get Herb Jones at this point but that’s just my opinion. If I’m the pelicans i wouldn’t trade herb jones for anyone less than a star. It’s hard to find a POA defender! Especially one who’s lengthy.

We may have to settle on a lineup of Trae, BI, Hunter, Jalen, drafted center ….and hope they stay healthy.

Dyson Daniels>>>>> Dunn just due to Daniels shooting being bad whereas Dunn shooting is Capela awful 

2 hours ago, terrell said:

He was so bad tonight.. lol

He's still not recovered from his injury. I noticed in the play in, he couldn't take Barnes off the dribble. He just wasn't himself. He was a shell. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, terrell said:

He was so bad tonight.. lol

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's still not recovered from his injury. I noticed in the play in, he couldn't take Barnes off the dribble. He just wasn't himself. He was a shell. 

...and on that note, do we really need a guy we know will end up in our already full and overflowing Hawkspital.

55, 45, 64 - number of games played over the last 3 seasons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

...and on that note, do we really need a guy we know will end up in our already full and overflowing Hawkspital.

55, 45, 64 - number of games played over the last 3 seasons.

You’re right. We need to focus our attention on bringing in Jonathan Isaac instead. 

• Haha 3

I like BI a lot more than some of you guys. I don't like him as much as @Mikey but I see him as a reasonable offer for Murray even if I know Murray has better value. 

Hard to sell me on Issac for Murray and I want Issac. I just don't see the Comp as reasonable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I like BI a lot more than some of you guys. I don't like him as much as @Mikey but I see him as a reasonable offer for Murray even if I know Murray has better value. 

Hard to sell me on Issac for Murray and I want Issac. I just don't see the Comp as reasonable.

Not buying.  BI is neither the player nor the value that DM is, particularly since he's going to want a new contract that is for far more than what we are paying DM.  

27 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The media is about to bombard us with Trae Young to the Lakers rumors now that LA is out of the playoffs.  

The Lakers want everyone star. That's just what they do. Ignore it. 

26 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Not buying.  BI is neither the player nor the value that DM is, particularly since he's going to want a new contract that is for far more than what we are paying DM.  

He can play the 2 and 3. That's a big difference between BI and Murray. Whereas Murray is a 1. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Lakers want everyone star. That's just what they do. Ignore it. 

He can play the 2 and 3. That's a big difference between BI and Murray. Whereas Murray is a 1. 

There is also a big difference in the contract he will demand vs what we are paying Murray, and he doesn't answer any of the fit questions.  Yes, Ingram can play 2/3, more 3 and less 2 really.  However, he's still a guy who plays better with the ball than without the ball.  He's still not a willing three-point shooter.   He doesn't get to the free throw line.  He's not a plus defender/POA defender.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

You’re right. We need to focus our attention on bringing in Jonathan Isaac instead. 

Ngl, not sure if serious.  If there's any player who's health and availability should be more than questioned, it's Isaac.  You got me on this one, BD.   😄

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

To be clear I don’t exactly love the idea of BI on the hawks or the player. Herb is who they are focused on and should be but I understand a world where BI is the best return they can get for DJM and he’s better fit and player to me than DJM

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 4/29/2024 at 12:40 AM, JTB said:

Maybe booker.

i can’t see them trading KD and I can’t see any team wanting Beal with that ridiculous contract. Beals output just isn’t good enough for what he gets paid. He may be the new Tobias Harris and I mean that respectfully.

I dunno man.  I heard on Hawksquawk for years how he was the best compliment for Trae.  Someone even said he was a DOG.

• Haha 3