• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's because he isn't a SG.

I know but i thought the insiders were saying the thought is to put BI at SG here.

was I seeing things ? Did supes and Mickey not say the FO was looking at BI as a SG here next to Trae ?

Edited by JTB

On 4/14/2024 at 8:16 PM, NBASupes said:

Blockbuster big time Trade News:

Hawks/Pels

Atlanta believes they can resign Ingram. Atlanta sees BI as an SG, Hunter as an SF, and JJ as a 4. They are targeting a center this offseason. Maybe two

I knew I wasn’t trippin with what I saw!

I understand that BI has always played the 3 but supes stated here that the hawks see BI as a 2. Therefore when watching him during this years playoffs I’m stating that I don’t see it but I understand the length that’s needed around Trae however we still need a POA defender in the deal as Hunter is too injury prone and seems to be a more quality player off the bench at least on this team.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JTB said:

I understand that BI has always played the 3 but supes stated here that the hawks see BI as a 2. Therefore when watching him during this years playoffs I’m stating that I don’t see it but I understand the length that’s needed around Trae however we still need a POA defender in the deal as Hunter is too injury prone and seems to be a more quality player off the bench at least on this team.

that entire team is too injury prone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

that entire team is too injury prone

Good point.

one thing that should start to be thankful of is the fact that our star plays.

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Do we want anyone on the Suns? They done ✔️ 

Maybe booker.

i can’t see them trading KD and I can’t see any team wanting Beal with that ridiculous contract. Beals output just isn’t good enough for what he gets paid. He may be the new Tobias Harris and I mean that respectfully.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JTB said:

Ol' JTB went out and got receipts on 'em.

Jolly good show, old chap.

😄

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Do we want anyone on the Suns? They done ✔️ 

Wet like I'm Book....

Murray for Book.  But don't ask me why the Suns would do that. Haha 

KD gonna push to get onto whoever wins it all this year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, JTB said:

Maybe booker.

i can’t see them trading KD and I can’t see any team wanting Beal with that ridiculous contract. Beals output just isn’t good enough for what he gets paid. He may be the new Tobias Harris and I mean that respectfully.

Booker with Trae is a great offensive match.  Defensively, eek.  You would have to go all in on just out scoring the opponent.  I’ve always said there were two offense only players who are such great fits with Trae that I’d get and just go all out offense.  Devin Booker and Karl Anthony Towns.  

• Like 3

This guy hears things on the pels side. Now what he is suggesting is for Trae and not Dejounte but sharing to say what many of us already know. Hawks covet Herb more than anybody on the pels roster. The BI + Dyson deal is cool but it is not what they are focused on. They didn't take Herb for DJ + Onyeka at deadline but I think it will be a big conversation in the summer

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This guy hears things on the pels side. Now what he is suggesting is for Trae and not Dejounte but sharing to say what many of us already know. Hawks covet Herb more than anybody on the pels roster. The BI + Dyson deal is cool but it is not what they are focused on. They didn't take Herb for DJ + Onyeka at deadline but I think it will be a big conversation in the summer

There has to be more coming back to Atlanta.  CJ is not a prize.  Herb fits the Hawks most dire need for POA perimeter defense.  However, more has to come back for Trae.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There has to be more coming back to Atlanta.  CJ is not a prize.  Herb fits the Hawks most dire need for POA perimeter defense.  However, more has to come back for Trae.  

I dont know what more you guys want then possibly the best perimeter defender on one of the best contracts in the league. DJM is not valuable around the league...

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Right, that's an enticing deal but CJ is just bad salary and Herb, while a great POA defender, cannot do much on offense.  Not even close to equitable for Trae Young, particularly when you consider you're about to pair him with Zion.  You saw Herb's limitations in the post season as he struggles to create for himself or others (like 2 assists : 3 turnovers per game) and is mostly a spot up shooter.  

Maybe if you do a Griffin/Murphy III swap as well it's fair value.  Or let us dump Clint over for Vuc or Nance.  HAs to be something more

• Premium Member

I'll be surprised if he gets a max deal.  Teams are not giving those out like candy anymore, given the new CBA and the implications of going above the apron.  Any GM watching the playoffs right now can just look to that $50M performance by Bradley Beal last night to see why it's not a good idea to reward high usage mediocrity. 

• Like 2