• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Hawks gonna have a starting unit of Trae, DJ, Grant Williams, Pascal Siakam, and Clint Capela when it’s all said and done.  

Swap out Clint for OO and I'd be good with it. But at what cost? What would the bench look like? Not interested if it means sending out all the young guys.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Swap out Clint for OO and I'd be good with it. But at what cost? What would the bench look like? Not interested if it means sending out all the young guys.

Grant ain't really available. Boston is saying they will match any deal. Demanding a 1st and aren't listening to offers for Williams till they resolve Brown's negotiations. So is he really available, not really. 

Atlanta is not trading Murray without a guarantee. So Siakam to Atlanta is not happening since Toronto is hard set on deals that don't exactly favor the Hawks. 

That's pretty much it. That said, I would trade our SAC 1st/Rudy Gay for an SnT of Grant Williams. I would do it as we don't have any legit starters on the roster at PF. Maybe Bey, JJ, Gueye, or Garuba develops into one but they aren't one right now. 

Edited by NBASupes

41 minutes ago, warcore said:

well let's ruin their little Tea Party and give an offer before they resolve Brown's negotiations. 

If they match and that causes them to not extend JB, then great! 

Sometimes it's not about us.... it's about screwing up their plan. 

Yes! I said something similar earlier. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, warcore said:

well let's ruin their little Tea Party and give an offer before they resolve Brown's negotiations. 

If they match and that causes them to not extend JB, then great! 

Sometimes it's not about us.... it's about screwing up their plan. 

There is nothing that's going to do the 2nd part. 

It will force them to trade Horford or R. Williams though. Not sure how much of a value that is for us. 

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is nothing that's going to do the 2nd part. 

file this in the receipts @JayBirdHawk

It will force them to trade Horford or R. Williams though. Not sure how much of a value that is for us.

Perfect. Let's screw up their plan. Make them as uncomfortable as possible. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We might want to remain cordial in the event of a potential Brown trade. 

Nah that's alright... if this were in a more professional setting I see your point. But this is a league of drama -- not professionalism. 

And again it's not entirely about helping us... it's partially about screwing with the plans of our rivals. 

We don't HAVE to get JB... there are other players out there. 

But we do have to get past BOS to make it to the finals. 

• Like 1

The one constant I see with anyone negotiating with Toronto is your team can tell them, no, not without this and TOR replaces that and puts out is: we didn't want the deal anyway, we want this and this on top of this. 

For example, they offered Siakam for #3 (POR). Portland said, not interested, we value #3 too much and we also value Simons as well. Just not interested even if you gave us #13. Toronto to the media, we weren't interested in just #3, we demanded Sharpe and Simons as well. It's the stupid shit with Toronto that's annoying. Their refusal to take an L in the public eye is hilarious when most GMs honestly don't give a f***. They know what's real and what isn't. This is part of the reason why Toronto fans are so f***ing delusional. It's not all their fault, unlike Laker fans. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I maintain that if a trade does happen, Siakam will not be a rental in Atlanta.  He will sign a 5 year deal after the season.  

Is that what you want though?

If he don't guarantee us a CHIP, then he shouldn't be getting 50 Million per season in his 4th and 5th year at age 34 and 35.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems to be finding different ways to say the same thing.

I'm not opposed to getting Siakam, but I wouldn't give up Murray to get him.  I thought management's goal was to get a "third star," not swap one for another.  Capela, Hunter and a 1st maybe, but you have to realize it might be a one season rental.

The one constant I see with anyone negotiating with Toronto is your team can tell them, no, not without this and TOR replaces that and puts out is: we didn't want the deal anyway, we want this and this on top of this. 

For example, they offered Siakam for #3 (POR). Portland said, not interested, we value #3 too much and we also value Simons as well. Just not interested even if you gave us #13. Toronto to the media, we weren't interested in just #3, we demanded Sharpe and Simons as well. It's the stupid shit with Toronto that's annoying. Their refusal to take an L in the public eye is hilarious when most GMs honestly don't give a f***. They know what's real and what isn't. This is part of the reason why Toronto fans are so f***ing delusional. It's not all their fault, unlike Laker fans. 

May be reading between the lines a little too much on this but it sounds like Toronto (Ujiri) knows which deal on the table they will more than likely take or have to take but looking for a way to make them feel like their  the clear winners in the public eye rather than worrying about what’s best for the team to move forward.

9 hours ago, KB21 said:

Grant Williams could be a Paul Millsap type of signing.  I still say that Paul is the best free agent acquisition this organization has ever made.  

Don't see the fascination with Grant Williams.  He scored 8.1 ppg, grabbed 4.6 rpg in 26 mpg. He did shoot 39.5% from 3 PT range, and he averaged 3.6 (I think) assists per game, but he ain't no Millsap.  BTW, I think Dikembe  and Moses Malone might disagree with you about the best free agent signing too.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Don't see the fascination with Grant Williams.  He scored 8.1 ppg, grabbed 4.6 rpg in 26 mpg. He did shoot 39.5% from 3 PT range, and he averaged 3.6 (I think) assists per game, but he ain't no Millsap.  BTW, I think Dikembe  and Moses Malone might disagree with you about the best free agent signing too.

He's definitely not a Sap type. He's a P.J. Tucker and Georges Niang type but he's better than those two.

• Like 1