• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who're Your TPE Targets? (non-insider)

kg01

No Kamla on the show today.  Instead, we get the imminently terribad Gerald Brown.  I'll step into the way back machine to try and get at @shakes today.

So back when Popovich had rumors he was gonna retire, Gerald Brown went on radio and said his sOUrCeS were saying Pop was coming to coach Brooklyn.

The rationale?  Well, here's where ol' shakes needs to hold his cap.  Gerald says ... who names a kid Gerald anyways ... his sources say Pop wants to come to BKN to 'prove himself'.  Says the 20+ year career, including what 5 titles, was 'nice' but he needs to 'do it in New York' to really solidify himself as a top coach.

Surely this lame a**, east coast bias mixed with NY arrogance will set shakes off.  🤯 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, kg01 said:

No Kamla on the show today.  Instead, we get the imminently terribad Gerald Brown.  I'll step into the way back machine to try and get at @shakes today.

So back when Popovich had rumors he was gonna retire, Gerald Brown went on radio and said his sOUrCeS were saying Pop was coming to coach Brooklyn.

The rationale?  Well, here's where ol' shakes needs to hold his cap.  Gerald says ... who names a kid Gerald anyways ... his sources say Pop wants to come to BKN to 'prove himself'.  Says the 20+ year career, including what 5 titles, was 'nice' but he needs to 'do it in New York' to really solidify himself as a top coach.

Surely this lame a**, east coast bias mixed with NY arrogance will set shakes off.  🤯 

Yea he’s terrible.  Only thing worse than being named Gerald is if your parents named your older brother something really cool like Dominique and not only that, but he ends up being about 100x better than you at basketball.  

So talk to me about Vuc (CHI).

Isola hinted he heard the Bulls' recent kerfuffle came after Vuc said stte (to Lavine and Derozen) that "this" (them losing) is gonna keep happening as long as they (Lavine/Dero) don't practice.  Then the fit hit the shan.

The show brought up a Harden trade idea, basically beard for Lavine, as a way to get off his contract and jumpstart an eventual tear down.

Long story long, I'm not a fan of his but I can see a world where Vuc could help us.

Thoughts? 

53 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So talk to me about Vuc (CHI).

Isola hinted he heard the Bulls' recent kerfuffle came after Vuc said stte (to Lavine and Derozen) that "this" (them losing) is gonna keep happening as long as they (Lavine/Dero) don't practice.  Then the fit hit the shan.

The show brought up a Harden trade idea, basically beard for Lavine, as a way to get off his contract and jumpstart an eventual tear down.

Long story long, I'm not a fan of his but I can see a world where Vuc could help us.

Thoughts? 

He doesn’t move the needle either way but he has carved out a very nice career as a 16th pick and is on a sweet deal.  As much as I dismiss Clint overall, replacing him with Vuc would probably cost the Hawks about 1.3 points per game.  Clint has mastered the fundamentals of defensive back-line anchorage, Vuc never mastered anything sustainable although he did kill it from three in ‘20-‘21. And I had no idea he was 33, no dice.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

He doesn’t move the needle either way but he has carved out a very nice career as a 16th pick and is on a sweet deal.  As much as I dismiss Clint overall, replacing him with Vuc would probably cost the Hawks about 1.3 points per game.  Clint has mastered the fundamentals of defensive back-line anchorage, Vuc never mastered anything sustainable although he did kill it from three in ‘20-‘21. And I had no idea he was 33, no dice.

What the?  He's 33?  Forget my post.  Nothing to see here.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We've watched this movie before.

image.png.878229bcc1505339526eb05660d71384.png

I’m rootin this one on though! Mainly for personal reasons like wanting the warriors to lose. 😂 PLUS.. they are in the west!!! PLUSSSS, I don’t have to watch standing and root for them to lose because we have a Joe Johnson lottery protected draft pick coming from them..

I swear I checked the standing for the Nets for a whole year and they ended up screwing us with that pick. 

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Ty Lue got his work cut out.

I put him on the hot 🥵 seat of coaches 8 hours ago.. the clock ⏰ is ticking….

• Like 1

Uhhhh 🙄 when are the OKC Clippers gonna acquire KD from the Suns to reunite the trio?

:gamer4: :shok: Seriously this is how the example would translate 30 years ago today..

when are the Bulls gonna acquire Magic Johnson to pair up with Mike and LARRY BIRD. 

Some dudes still wouldn’t win anything if they were on an all star roster every night.. 💯 

I dunno 🤷‍♀️ I’m old, leave me alone and

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!! 😡 {bro I literally just mowed the thing yesterday}

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

How many games?

How many games shld I let roll by before I start passive aggressively trolling my heat fan BIL.

Cause they suuuuggggg...

He tellin me all their young guys gon step right in.  Yeah right.  Step into a buncha dnp's.

And all these nbaradio guys still pickin Liami as a top 3 team.  FOH! 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

How many games?

How many games shld I let roll by before I start passive aggressively trolling my heat fan BIL.

Cause they suuuuggggg...

He tellin me all their young guys gon step right in.  Yeah right.  Step into a buncha dnp's.

And all these nbaradio guys still pickin Liami as a top 3 team.  FOH! 

The Bucks might be in trouble. They traded defense for offense AND have a rookie coach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

nbaradio guys

I need to get my subscription back, I miss them!

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Bucks might be in trouble. They traded defense for offense AND have a rookie coach. 

Jrue>Dame Damn the Schmelts right place right time for Jrue.

• Like 1