• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deandre Hunter's silent summers

sillent

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

what is the path forward for De’Andre Hunter?

It's no longer about impressing the Hawks or Hawks fans... De'Andre has to prove to the League that he's worthy of his pull.   Whether we trade him or not, he needs to have shown some improvement. 

image.png

Over the last 4 yrs, what has he improved?   His 2nd Year may be his best year.   He hasn't taken a step forward in the last two years...

But I will give him these Bench marks...

36.5% 3pt shooting on 4.5+ 3pters per game. 

18 ppg,  2 apg, 5 rpg. 47.5% FG%

Those would be the numbers that would make him better than Saddiq was last season for us (per 36)  and those are reachable.   Hell, he was almost there his 2nd year.   It would take him being aggressive and also being a team player. 

• Like 2

On 5/19/2023 at 10:21 AM, djjob23 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if some players believe their job is done after 82 games and the rest is seen as overtime. I don’t want any players on my team that play just for the paycheck or can’t perform when it matters most. Give me passionate players that meet their childhood heroes on the court and have wet dreams of basketball. That’s where you find hearts of champions. 

15 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

Didn’t even know these statements existed, but they help prove my point here and make me wonder if DeAndre Hunter is on the other side of this coin (prove me wrong). We NEED to take value in this (not just talent/skill) if we want to win! If you’re bag focused, could care less what happens on the court, and aren’t winning… GTFO! :gtfo:

Posted this in a different Hunter thread (tweets from Pat Bev, Demar Derozan, PG13, and Jeff Teague regarding if players are about basketball), but applies here as well! We NEED to take heart and passion into consideration (not just talent/skill) if we want to win! Sadly (like my quotes post says), it looks like Hunter falls on the other side of the coin and the silent summers aren’t helping his case. 😢 

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

Posted this in a different Hunter thread (tweets from Pat Bev, Demar Derozan, PG13, and Jeff Teague regarding if players are about basketball), but applies here as well! We NEED to take heart and passion into consideration (not just talent/skill) if we want to win! Sadly (like my quotes post says), it looks like Hunter falls on the other side of the coin and the silent summers aren’t helping his case. 😢 

Hunter has been working very hard on his game the last 2 summers...Lets wait and see where he is this up coming season.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

It's no longer about impressing the Hawks or Hawks fans... De'Andre has to prove to the League that he's worthy of his pull.   Whether we trade him or not, he needs to have shown some improvement. 

image.png

Over the last 4 yrs, what has he improved?   His 2nd Year may be his best year.   He hasn't taken a step forward in the last two years...

But I will give him these Bench marks...

36.5% 3pt shooting on 4.5+ 3pters per game. 

18 ppg,  2 apg, 5 rpg. 47.5% FG%

Those would be the numbers that would make him better than Saddiq was last season for us (per 36)  and those are reachable.   Hell, he was almost there his 2nd year.   It would take him being aggressive and also being a team player. 

I just need him to be really good at any one thing. Exceed any expectation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rebounding to me is a key metric for anyone that plays the 3-5 just to get a gauge for how active they are on both ends of the court. 

I don’t need anything gaudy but I’d really love to see those numbers improve above all else. Rebounding like defense, comes from effort and I need to see more effort. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
53 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hunter has everything you want on paper, but he just does not have a good feel for the game, and I'm not sure he ever will.  Hoping to see big improvement over the course of this year or a trade

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Hunter has everything you want on paper, but he just does not have a good feel for the game, and I'm not sure he ever will.  Hoping to see big improvement over the course of this year or a trade

I don't know what it is with some players.  It's not that they are fearful, it's more like they missed something growing up.   That's what I see with DeAndre and Marvin.   Just missed something. 

• Thanks 1