• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

The Wizards will make Kyle Kuzma available on the trade market, per

(sports.yahoo.com/76ers-aiming-t). Washington was seeking two first-round picks for Kuzma at the trade deadline, but it’s unknown if the price has dropped or not.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Giving you major side eye, AH.  Jussayin. 

You know I think moving DJM is the right move.  But one of them must go, imo.  You are just wasting another season if they start together all of next year.

• Premium Member

OG Anunoby’s contract is expected to reach $35-40 million annually, per

(nytimes.com/athletic/55057). Anunoby receiving $150+ million this summer isn’t out of the realm of possibilities. All indications are the Knicks will pay Anunoby whatever it takes to re-sign him.

I think this will end up being a bad contract once signed. He cannot stay healthy.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

One thing holding us back

Hide contents

Messy Ressy....don't trust him to really invest in the team

I am sticking with this until he proves me wrong

image.gif

image.gif

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Cavaliers Just Blew out Bickerstaff.

If Atkinson doesn't get this job he may not ever get one. 

4 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Cavs offseason looking like turmoil.. even more so than an average Hawks offseason and thats bad

Donovan Mitchell, among other key players, did not have great confidence in J.B. Bickerstaff moving forward as the Cavaliers’ head coach, per

(nytimes.com/athletic/55086). Bickerstaff will be paid $10 million from Cleveland over the next two years.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, AHF said:

It was a smart tank job even if shameless.

An argument can be made that the Hawks soft tanked as well. It wasn't egregious, but once they secured a Play In spot, they pretty much stopped competing which added to the loss column. When they didn't sign Vit, I kind of got the impression they had no intention of being competitive in the Play In either. In any case, the stealth tanking worked and they were fortunate to get the #1 pick. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, hawkman said:

An argument can be made that the Hawks soft tanked as well. It wasn't egregious, but once they secured a Play In spot, they pretty much stopped competing which added to the loss column. When they didn't sign Vit, I kind of got the impression they had no intention of being competitive in the Play In either. In any case, the stealth tanking worked and they were fortunate to get the #1 pick. 

It isn't an argument.  It is an obvious acknowledgment of reality.  Of course, the Hawks deliberately tanked their play-in game by not signing Vit.  The team down the stretch of the season was much better than Vit and had a huge hole in the lineup without him.  Everyone expected him to be on the playoff roster and getting big minutes.  I said as much at the time and don't see anything to indicate otherwise.

Now not adding Vit to the roster isn't as blatant a tank job as sitting a healthy Luka but they are both strategic tank jobs where the GM cripples the roster to improve draft position.  Glad it paid off for us although I wish we could be as lucky as the Spurs are when they tank.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Iso Yoga!!!

😂 biz JJ forgot how he went at the fans and said we weren’t supporting at the arena when we were blaming him for the iso Joe stuff..

But hey, he is a great guy.. just funny it’s all kisses and hugs 🤗 now.. 😂 

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Things change fast in The Association.  Kings are gonna Kings...bye bye 2025 1st round pick ☹️

Actually I’m gonna go out on a limb and say this is a smart move by the Kings. Justified, certainly not but I think the next guy is gonna take the Kings to the western conference semis or finals. Just a hunch.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Remember Trae also was on minutes restrictions for the final games which we most likely could have won had he played, but it would have required the Bulls to lose their remaining games for us to pass them. 

• Premium Member

Blaming coaches for FO not building rosters or players being hurt or just being out played is as insane now as it was in the 1980's when I first started really  understanding the sport. 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OG Anunoby’s contract is expected to reach $35-40 million annually, per

(https://nytimes.com/athletic/5505795/2024/05/19/knicks-offseason-keep-culture/). Anunoby receiving $150+ million this summer isn’t out of the realm of possibilities. All indications are the Knicks will pay Anunoby whatever it takes to re-sign him.

I'm rooting for NYK to get expensive but not better.  Either way, Thibs gonna drive that thang like an 18-wheeler runnin on rims. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

😂 biz JJ forgot how he went at the fans and said we weren’t supporting at the arena when we were blaming him for the iso Joe stuff..

Kinda glad JoeJohn recovered from this in a way that Horf never will. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Donovan Mitchell, among other key players, did not have great confidence in J.B. Bickerstaff moving forward as the Cavaliers’ head coach, per

(https://nytimes.com/athletic/5508650/2024/05/23/cavaliers-fire-j-b-bickerstaff-coaching-search/). Bickerstaff will be paid $10 million from Cleveland over the next two years.

He’s more of an old school coach like Nate. I’m not surprised if there was some issues with some of the players.  He probably wanted the ball in Garland’s hands more while making Mitchell more of a true 2.  Mitchell wants/needs the ball in his hands to be at his best IMO. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AHF said:

You know I think moving DJM is the right move.  But one of them must go, imo.  You are just wasting another season if they start together all of next year.

At least you're not in denial about it. 

Myles Turner with more fouls than field goals in one of his patented “have you seen me?” milk carton games.  Still, no one can clown Myles Turner quite like, um, Myles Turner…

IMG_8820.jpeg.b94ddcb583d6d1e9f6c233c218565c9f.jpeg

This photo will never sit well with me.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Myles Turner with more fouls than field goals in one of his patented “have you seen me?” milk carton games.  Still, no one can clown Myles Turner quite like, um, Myles Turner…

IMG_8820.jpeg.b94ddcb583d6d1e9f6c233c218565c9f.jpeg

This photo will never sit well with me.

It just reeks of "Lookit me, lookit me!!! Everybody lookit me! .......... whatchall lookin at?  I can't believe yall are lookin at me.  I can dress however I wanna dress, yall staring at me 'cause you disapprove."

Smh 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1