• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Referendum on Hunter....

Diesel

Who I like and who I don't like isn't as simple as good player vs bad.

I'm more into players living up to their contract/draft slot.

JJ - Greatly exceeding contract, good/great for draft slot.

Trae - Living up to draft but underperforming contract right now. If you get alpha contract, you need to give alpha production.

Hunter - IMHO didn't earn the contract he got, he's close to living up to it now. He has some bad habits he's breaking and I'm withholding judgement right now.

DJ - exceeding contract.

CC - underperforming which is why I give him crap.  He's fine, but he's not living up to his hype/contract.

BB - underperforms contract/hype

Bey - better than expected

OO - exceeds contract, a bit below draft expectations (due to be undersized). He just has some limitations that he makes up with when giving great effort.

Bruno - If he could just stop moving on screens I'd like him a lot more.

AJ - Jury is out but he's not a contract liability. I get the feeling he'll figure things out and be a huge win.

I don't hate any of them. I love JJ, at times love Trae. at times love DJ. There are times that CC makes me shake my head in disgust but its not hate. I love OO's heart but I know his limitations. BB gives me the biggest emotional swings.  DH is the player I want to root for more than any, I really do.  I just think he's a great athlete playing basketball, but doesn't have that killer in him.  I hope he proves me wrong.  If there's anyone on the team I don't like, its Meth Bogi.  Garrison Matthews just rubs me wrong.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

image.thumb.png.bb0d8717cf2c2e5ec057cfdf306ba5f5.png

Too bad FiveThirtyEight isn't doing RAPTOR any more.  I'd love to see what his RAPTOR rating looks like right now.  Would it be comparable to the 2020 - 21 season?

They do RAPTOR but RAPTOR needs something like a 20-30 game sample before it exists. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'll admit that Hunter and Capela are the guys i get frustrated with the most at least the last couple of seasons.  But we're all just arguing with ourselves on this because no one on the roster can be a 30 minute per game SF.  AJ/Bogi/Bey/JJ cannot defend the 3 as a starter as well as Hunter does.  Bey is the best we have and he has a lot of things over Hunter but imo he struggles with defense against quicker players. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thecampster said:

Trae - Living up to draft but underperforming contract right now. If you get alpha contract, you need to give alpha production.

Hunter - IMHO didn't earn the contract he got, he's close to living up to it now. He has some bad habits he's breaking and I'm withholding judgement right now.

DJ - exceeding contract.

CC - underperforming which is why I give him crap.  He's fine, but he's not living up to his hype/contract.

OO - exceeds contract, a bit below draft expectations (due to be undersized). He just has some limitations that he makes up with when giving great effort.

AJ - Jury is out but he's not a contract liability. I get the feeling he'll figure things out and be a huge win.

I don't hate any of them. I love JJ, at times love Trae. at times love DJ. There are times that CC makes me shake my head in disgust but its not hate. I love OO's heart but I know his limitations. BB gives me the biggest emotional swings.  DH is the player I want to root for more than any, I really do.  I just think he's a great athlete playing basketball, but doesn't have that killer in him.  I hope he proves me wrong.  If there's anyone on the team I don't like, its Meth Bogi.  Garrison Matthews just rubs me wrong.

u dont like the white guys, we got it 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, thecampster said:

LMAO, I am the white guy.

I guess he's going off of the theory that white guys hate white basketball players.  Or at least players that come from Duke.

Because white guys despise Grayson Allen.  And I'll never forget the anger that this guy used to bring to SEC fan bases in the one year he balled out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I guess he's going off of the theory that white guys hate white basketball players.  Or at least players that come from Duke.

Because white guys despise Grayson Allen.  And I'll never forget the anger that this guy used to bring to SEC fan bases in the one year he balled out.

So I absolute hate Grayson Allen so you had me for a second...but then I remembered I really liked Laettner both at Duke and as a Hawk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2023 at 9:47 AM, thecampster said:

DJ - exceeding contract.

Most of this seems to be based on a reaction to the first five games and not the full assessment of their entire career.  Or is this a projection into the future?

A question I'm asking is what is the move we could make to move into contender status, but I think we need more time to see what we have.  Is the rise of Jalen and unlocking of Murray and Hunter enough?  

• Moderators
3 hours ago, thecampster said:

So I absolute hate Grayson Allen so you had me for a second...but then I remembered I really liked Laettner both at Duke and as a Hawk.

I pretty much hate everyone from Duke.  Soooo….

• Thanks 1