• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Referendum on Hunter....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I just want more rebounds.  It's one of the most important things he can focus on but we're getting near nothing on the boards from Hunter.  He's 6'8" with a 7'2" wing span.  How does he get so few rebounds?  It makes no sense, it's all effort.  How does a guy like Luka pull 9 boards down a game and Hunter has tons of games with 1 or 2 rebounds.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 10/30/2023 at 10:45 AM, AHF said:

I am hoping this will be the breakout that I was somewhat expecting last year.  I am ready for this kind of season from Dre over say 70 games:

6 Win Shares (currently on pace for ~8 WS; career high* of 2.5)

.150 WS/48 (currently on pace for .189 WS/48; career high of .057)

0.5 BPM (currently on pace for a 0.5 BPM; career high of -3.3)

1.5 VORP (currently on pace for a 2.3 VORP; career high of -0.7)

* I am excluding the 2020-21 season from his career high due to the insignificant 23 sample size.

Current Pace Update:

2.8 Win Shares

.064 WS/48

-2.2 BPM

0.0 VORP

All of these are not where I'd want them to be but they would all be new career highs (again excluding the 23 game 2020-21 "season") so that would be progress.  I think these can improve rest of the season as they are dragged down some by a really rough stretch after he got hurt and kept playing.

• Like 2

We all know who he is. If he plays to his strengths he can help this team win some games. Staying healthy is the key. He likes to avoid contact but if he’s hitting shots and playing decent defense he’s worth his salary.

• Premium Member

Unfortunately we always get a tweet saying De’Andre Hunter in his last 8 games with great stats. He then usually gets hurt, massively struggles when he comes back for 10-15 games, then has another nice run. It’s like clockwork for him. Glad to see some of these are season long numbers though

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Back down memory lane

Sure wish he was playing.  His health is one of the defining failures of this season.  We miss him and are far too thin to go without him this long.

• Like 1

This is so disgusting.  Just sell the whole team Ressler.  They're probably no better than the College Park team anyway.  Maybe the new owners will move the team out of Atlanta.  Someday maybe we can get some owners who will start a new franchise in Atlanta.  Ressler and his band of imbeciles have ruined this franchise.  

12 hours ago, AHF said:

Sure wish he was playing.  His health is one of the defining failures of this season.  We miss him and are far too thin to go without him this long.

Hunter's "health" is a defining part of his Hawks tenure.  He can always be counted on to miss at least 15 games unfortunately.  Last year's 67 games played will unfortunately remain his career high since he has already missed too many games this year to reach that level again.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

12 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm alone. I don't miss him. I do acknowledge he's the only capable wing defender we have.  I'll give him that.   What I don't like..Bey...Capela(fit..not him)...OO is slipping.  Garrison..wtaf..., MIA AJ irritates me. Pay me no attention.  I'm an angry ol man.

B73BDFE7-D23A-49C9-BD38-5D9B5A378A76.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I'm alone. I don't miss him. I do acknowledge he's the only capable wing defender we have.  I'll give him that.   What I don't like..Bey...Capela(fit..not him)...OO is slipping.  Garrison..wtaf..., MIA AJ irritates me. Pay me no attention.  I'm an angry ol man.

B73BDFE7-D23A-49C9-BD38-5D9B5A378A76.gif

Love it!  Double and triple down on your erroneous past judgments even when it is obvious that the problems of this team lies elsewhere.  This is the thing that frustrates @NBASupes and myself.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Love it!  Double and triple down on your erroneous past judgments even when it is obvious that the problems of this team lies elsewhere.  This is the thing that frustrates @NBASupes and myself.

I don't understand what point you're making? Is Hunter contributing to this team winning or not?

The definitive answer is no because he's sitting on the bench in street clothes, just like usual. Why are you bragging that we suck without our oft-injured starting wing? 

• Like 2

I think it’s pretty obvious at this point we sorely miss Hunter. Primarily due to the lack of wing depth we have on this team. Utter failure by the FO; particularly if they knew AJ would get no burn going into the season. Your wing rotation is a known injury prone player + Bey + Johnson (injury risk in his own right) + Gary Bird + Old Man Wes. Just pure incompetence. 

not sure how anyone can argue that we wouldn’t have more wins with him healthy. But alas that’s part of the Hunter package at this point. The injuries are the only reason I’d be ok moving on from Hunter. Otherwise I appreciate what he does for us - even if he frustrates me at times. Maybe that’s the lack of depth talking tho. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I don't understand what point you're making? Is Hunter contributing to this team winning or not?

The definitive answer is no because he's sitting on the bench in street clothes, just like usual. Why are you bragging that we suck without our oft-injured starting wing? 

What are they 6 games below .500.  3-8 without him?  Yeah you are right...Not difference if you are a hater but us people who passed math do notice