• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Siakam to Atlanta seems likely now and could be done soon. Not the direction I would choose to go but owning his rights if he wants to leave in the offseason at least gives us something to work with.

4 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Soon as in 24 hrs?

I hope so cus that means we aren't moving DJ in the deal and can add more quality pieces around Trae and Siakam

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, GameTime said:

@Sothron Please tell me this is false

Love home grown talent but Siakam is a far superior defender which is what we need.  I still love JJ though and will be sad if this is what we end up doing.  They should be attaching a pick to this trade cus JJ is a quality first rounder.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I hope so cus that means we aren't moving DJ in the deal and can add more quality pieces around Trae and Siakam

Our front court is already weak and now they are going to possibly trade JJ for a rental ??? That’s insane i rather risk trading Murray.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Yes, definitely!

Yeah, he has done some more stuff off ball, but I am assuming DJ thought he would be functioning as the primary ball handler more than he has been when Trae is on the court.  I think there was either a miscommunication or a misunderstanding of them pairing up.  Oh well, DJ isn't some negative asset so we should get back good value for him and take another path.

56 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

38% shooting on 30+ ft 3 pointers, by the way.

It was above 40% from that range.

I thought I had seen the 40% somewhere.  Corner threes would be great but spacing at the top of the key for bombs is nice too at that clip.  I wish we had a low post presence to pass out to Trae for catch and shoots.  That would help off ball a lot.  Right now too much standing around from everyone.  At least with someone down low who can work it would open up the 3pt line for everyone.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Predict again that Siakam will say how excited he is to play here if a trade goes down.  I don’t believe he’s a rental.

100%, it's not going to be a rental.  I'm honestly tired of hearing that narrative lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

DJ, when he has the chance to run the team on his own, has seen leads disappear and offensive production become stagnant.  He is an average halfcourt offense PG.  He's good at finding his own offense with the ball in his hands, but not a good facilitator in the halfcourt.  When DJ excels in the halfcourt, he's creating and making his own shot. DJ is also good in transition as the PG.

Quin is the coach.  If he wanted to increase DJ's PG minutes, he could definitely do it.

But no coach in his right mind is going to take the ball out of the hands of a player that can generate 25 ppg from assists alone. 

Reminder, this is a top 5 offense. If Quin thought we'd be even better with DJ in control, we'd be seeing more of it.

How many 3 point assist does DJ have on the year?  I need to look that up.

I just want to state that my posts are not advocating for DJ to get more PG minutes. Just throwing darts in the dark at what I think the unspoken issue might be, if there is one. 

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Name 5 PGs not named Steph Curry that play very well off the ball.

Just curious what your standards are.

It's harder to name five who don't. Most guys are at least average off the ball. 

The bad ones are

Trae

John Wall when he was in the league 

Westbrook

D. Russell

Dennis Schröder 

• Like 1

lol...nothing's probably going to happen

If it does, we are trading JJ, Bogi and filler for Siakam. That's how things work for the Hawks. Trade your best for trash and then next year wonder why you are floundering.

I'd rather stand pat than to do that JJ trade.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

lol...nothing's probably going to happen

If it does, we are trading JJ and Bogi for Siakiam. That's how things work for the Hawks. Trade your best for trash and then next year wonder why you are floundering.

I'd rather stand pat than to do that JJ trade.

I’m so worried we are trading JJ. 

there’s no way they believe Trae, Murray, Siakam can really do that much more than Trae, Murray, Jalen.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I 100% believe the Raptors asked for Jalen Johnson.  The Hawks would be dumber than dumb to trade him for Siakim.  I could understand moving some of the other young players or maybe even OO (which I think is what would happen since they traded Precious), but you hard pass on anything concerning Jalen.  Things haven't been going well, but it ain't bad enough to move JJ.

If Jalen weren’t on a rookie contract maybe it would make more sense but yeah I agree it would be a really dumb move.

• Like 1