• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

I know this is a fan article but this is the sort of trade coming out of left field that we could see happen soon

This does feel like something we would pull the trigger on and no one had reported it lol.  I like Grant, even though his contract isn't great, but he's the exact type of player that could pair up with Trae and in Quins system and look like an all-star.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

This does feel like something we would pull the trigger on and no one had reported it lol.  I like Grant, even though his contract isn't great, but he's the exact type of player that could pair up with Trae and in Quins system and look like an all-star.

I actually like Grant on this team at the 3. What will be really funny is if that happens this fansite is the new Shams or Woj source.. lmao

Guys remember the nba twitter that was supposedly predicting trades

DROPPINGDIMES10

DROPPINGDIMES50

DROPPINGDIMES_0

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

thats essentially like reading somebody's tumblr... that's what it is.. a fan subsite

Thanks.

I old.  No know how internets are work.

:Bob: Atleast youre not Jason Whitlock out here outing yourself .... but ive said too much. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That article is confusing.  It reads like an insider report of what WILL happen soon.  But most of the article is posing questions of why it COULD happen.  Not fighting, just genuinely confused of what to make of it. 

Oh I agree wholeheartedly, I just put out there with all the other stuff being reported.  lol

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Why does it feel like this is the sentiment with literally every trade discussion we have on here?  And then the Hawks trade a starter for a bag of rocks and a TPE or a young 6th man for a pick and players with one foot out of the league.  

Sometimes I really wish I wasn't born a Hawks fan.  :ahf:

Because, WE are the delusional ones as Hawks fans. Our best trade in recent memory is Luka for Trae + a pick. Maybe the Capela trade as a close second. Maybe Rondo for LouWill. 

That’s the level of trades we make. When it’s big, it favors the other team. So we end up just dealing small or not at all.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AHF said:

WTF did the Jazz expect when they are starting him at small forward and playing him fewer minutes?  That would be like adding Trae and expecting him to up his assists when you cut his minutes and give him a role where a substantial amount of his time he is playing off the ball.

I said from the time the trade happened that it was going to be a challenge for Utah to find a role for him due to the amount of size and depth in their frontcourt.  Anyone who actually wanted to boost his numbers would be playing him as the primary role man in an offense like he was when he averaged 20/10.  That was never going to happen with Utah’s roster.

Yes, so the GM made a mistake.  I was responding to the idea he’s living up to expectations.  
He didn’t live up to our hopes either.  Happens all the time when a good player is overpaid they become a net negative on a roster. 

Unless we're getting someone like Mark Williams, Charlotte, we shouldn't trade Capela.  On my list of, do not trade, Capela rests at #3 behind JJ and Trae.  Hawks struggled for many years before he came here.  Big 00 is not the answer.  He's a great back-up for Capela and a sometimes PF on the team.  As much as Spud likes him, he can't be our #1 center.

:smug:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Because, WE are the delusional ones as Hawks fans. Our best trade in recent memory is Luka for Trae + a pick. Maybe the Capela trade as a close second. Maybe Rondo for LouWill. 

That’s the level of trades we make. When it’s big, it favors the other team. So we end up just dealing small or not at all.

Cam was a good trade.  So was Huerter.  Huerter’s a poor man’s Bogi.  Bey was also a good trade.

I think Murray was a good trade as far as value, but not fit.  Seeing San Antonio flounder I don’t think we’re swapping picks in 2026.  So Gallo was out the door for no return plus two first round picks and a fake first.  That’s not a bad value for Murray.  He’s just not a fit for our current roster.  

• Like 3

• Moderators

Sadly for Hawks fans the trades that have been most lopsided in our favor have generally been either:

(1) Trade cheaply for a player that another team doesn't want (to pay).  Capela, Korver, Bey, etc.

or

(2) Dump a player that with the benefit of hindsight we never should have acquired before his value drops even lower.  Reddish, Payne, etc.

Most of the others that could be said to be positive are mixed bags where the talent on the team is better than it was before but we pay a cost that hurts or limits us (Trae but lose Luka; DM but lose multiple unprotected picks; etc.) or where we downgrade the talent on the team so that the team is weaker than it was before the trade was made  but we save on payroll or some other non-basketball item (Huerter, JC, etc.).

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Couple things or three:

Why would they want Capela with Ayton and Robert Williams (though injured) on their team.

They could use a big wing.

Here was my trade idea from December;

"His rebounding is similar to Hunter's though"

200w.gif.30a5c0b0b0cb400e331b5f49cabd4a07.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We haven't made any egregiously bad trades in a long time, in my opinion.  We have, however, handed out some generous extensions which affects our ability to make favorable trades.

Generous is an understatememt....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1