• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But do you see youve identified the problem?  You say every team needs defenders and bigs that can get easy buckets.  Name one player that weve added that matches either profile.  We dont really have any strong rumors of us trying to do so.

We've literally added NO PERIMETER DEFENDERS.  None.  Zero.  That's malpractice. 

Fkng try, that's all I ask.  They're content with letting one dude take all the slings and arrows.  And best believe, if they fail, they'll fall on that same store-brand excuse, "bwah isshard bildin around Tray." 

I mean, we did go and get Capela which basically carried us to the ECF.  Adding Delon Wright was nice too.  As far as superstar guys, I think availability hurts us and the desire to play in ATL.  I do wish we'd make a move for a guy like Caruso though, he plays really well off ball and I know him and Trae would have great synergy.  

• Like 3

Other NBA teams want JJ.  They can't have him because we ain't giving him up.

Other NBA teams have players we want but they won't give them up.

Hawks continue to search for players that they want and their NBA team is willing to make a reasonable trade.  Before an actual trade takes place it may be necessary to involve more than just two teams, us and them.

:smug:

3 hours ago, terrell said:

Our Defense and bench would be so bad..

No vet min guys are knocking down doors to come to Atlanta to play with Trae and KAT...

Who's starting center btw? OO? lol

I'm sure plenty of 3 and D players would love to sign with us with KAT & Trae. So many open 3's.

2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I mean, we did go and get Capela which basically carried us to the ECF.  Adding Delon Wright was nice too.  As far as superstar guys, I think availability hurts us and the desire to play in ATL.  I do wish we'd make a move for a guy like Caruso though, he plays really well off ball and I know him and Trae would have great synergy.  

I was more referring to the current FO, so more about this past offseason.  Agree on a Caruso-type.  Seems we'll have to identify the next guy since Caruso is now overvalued iiuc. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SerbianHawk said:

Why would the best team in the west give their second best player for DJM? This would be a worse move than trading Wilkins in 1994.

I said the exact same thing earlier today.  Them trading Towns would be exactly like the Dominique trade in reverse. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

That is the single most erroneous narrative that has been said for 50 years in pro sports in Atlanta.  Free agent athletes are not actively avoiding Atlanta in football, basketball or baseball.  Atlanta has always been known as the top destination for former athletes.  Why wouldn't they want to come here WHILE they are playing?  There are business factors that go into this.  Pro sports is MARKETING first.  These millionaires with guaranteed contracts are not actively avoiding Atlanta.  They love Atlanta.  Why not want to come here while they are playing?  They got guaranteed money and championships isn't necessarily a priority with them because of it. They can't trade themselves.  Its a BUSINESS.  The NBA IS TRANSPARENT ABOUT APPROVING TRADES THROUGH THEIR FRONT OFFICE.

Heck, Hollywood is even here now and thats A NEW phenomenon in Atlanta that will draw even more former athletes here. Bijaun Robinson of the Falcons got it made.  He said BEFORE he was drafted that he wants to be in movies.  He can walk out his front door and be on a movie set within minutes, a hour, or whatever. The cost of living, nightlife, music, business, real estate, it goes on and on.  Nah. thats a false narrative.  If the Hawks REALLY wanted a top free agent they could it one.

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-favored-spot-for-athletes-call-home/ePTMedyg4BiylEvOCEAHJJ/

Atlanta’s eclectic mix of high-end real estate, business opportunities, climate and a sizzling nightlife continues to be a magnet that attracts professional athletes.

In late 2008, Julius “Dr. J” Erving purchased the Heritage Golf Course in Norcross and is reportedly looking for a home in the area.

When Jerome “The Bus” Bettis decided to retire, the native of Detroit made a decision to park the Bus in north Fulton.

“I was attracted to Atlanta, even when I was in college,” said Tyrone Hill, a former NBA player who lived here before joining the Atlanta Hawks staff as an assistant coach. “We [Xavier] played Michigan in the NCAA tournament [in 1989]. We lost and went out to dinner, and we got a chance to hang out a little bit. I fell in love with the city then.”

Former and current NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB players call the metro area home, some at least for part of the year.

From current Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall to former NBA star Ralph Sampson.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-longhorns/2023/04/11/ex-texas-rb-bijan-robinson-talks-acting-affinity-connection-with-matthew-mcconaughey/

Ex-Texas RB Bijan Robinson talks acting affinity, connection with Matthew McConaughey

Robinson, a top prospect in the 2023 NFL draft, said McConaughey has given him notes on becoming an actor.

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I said the exact same thing earlier today.  Them trading Towns would be exactly like the Dominique trade in reverse. 

They aren't salary dumping KAT. That isn't happening. A-ROD and company will find a way to shed other salary or they will just bite the bullet and pay the tax. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

They aren't salary dumping KAT. That isn't happening. A-ROD and company will find a way to shed other salary or they will just bite the bullet and pay the tax. 

To be clear, I don't buy that they're gonna trade him.  Judy speaking on hypotheticals.

That said, I can see them just paying the tax more than I can see them trading others to avoid it.  I don't think they have the contracts to do that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

That is the single most erroneous narrative that has been said for 50 years in pro sports in Atlanta.  Free agent athletes are not actively avoiding Atlanta in football, basketball or baseball.  Atlanta has always been known as the top destination for former athletes.  Why wouldn't they want to come here WHILE they are playing?  There are business factors that go into this.  Pro sports is MARKETING first.  These millionaires with guaranteed contracts are not actively avoiding Atlanta.  They love Atlanta.  Why not want to come here while they are playing?  They got guaranteed money and championships isn't necessarily a priority with them because of it. They can't trade themselves.  Its a BUSINESS.  The NBA IS TRANSPARENT ABOUT APPROVING TRADES THROUGH THEIR FRONT OFFICE.

Heck, Hollywood is even here now and thats A NEW phenomenon in Atlanta that will draw even more former athletes here. Bijaun Robinson of the Falcons got it made.  He said BEFORE he was drafted that he wants to be in movies.  He can drive out his front door and be on a movie set within minutes, a hour, or whatever. The cost of living, nightlife, music, business, real estate, it goes on and on.  Nah. thats a false narrative.  If the Hawks REALLY wanted a top free agent they could it one.

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-favored-spot-for-athletes-call-home/ePTMedyg4BiylEvOCEAHJJ/

Atlanta’s eclectic mix of high-end real estate, business opportunities, climate and a sizzling nightlife continues to be a magnet that attracts professional athletes.

In late 2008, Julius “Dr. J” Erving purchased the Heritage Golf Course in Norcross and is reportedly looking for a home in the area.

When Jerome “The Bus” Bettis decided to retire, the native of Detroit made a decision to park the Bus in north Fulton.

“I was attracted to Atlanta, even when I was in college,” said Tyrone Hill, a former NBA player who lived here before joining the Atlanta Hawks staff as an assistant coach. “We [Xavier] played Michigan in the NCAA tournament [in 1989]. We lost and went out to dinner, and we got a chance to hang out a little bit. I fell in love with the city then.”

Former and current NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB players call the metro area home, some at least for part of the year.

From current Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall to former NBA star Ralph Sampson.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-longhorns/2023/04/11/ex-texas-rb-bijan-robinson-talks-acting-affinity-connection-with-matthew-mcconaughey/

Ex-Texas RB Bijan Robinson talks acting affinity, connection with Matthew McConaughey

Robinson, a top prospect in the 2023 NFL draft, said McConaughey has given him notes on becoming an actor.

There are very few desired free agent destinations in bball and fball and, no matter what agenda one has, Atlanta is not one of them.

Period. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I’m not sure this rumor is true, but KAT is not the same as Dominique.  

Dominique was the star 100%.  Dominique started allstar games, led the league in scoring, won dunk contests.  

Ant is the alpha on the Wolves.  
When Jimmy was there he treated Towns like he was a lap dog.  That would never happen to Dominique.  

• Like 1

Huge makeover 💄 coming..

DJ CC Hunter Bogi all on the table.. wow

NBA Trade Rumors: Hawks' Bogdan Bogdanović Expected to Generate Interest at Deadline

JACK MURRAY
JANUARY 06, 2024

The Atlanta Hawks appear set to be sellers at the NBA trade deadline.

NBA insider Marc Stein reported that the Hawks are looking to build around Trae Young and Jalen Johnson and that all other pieces are on the table.

"Atlanta is determined to, as one source described it, 'build around Trae and Jalen Johnson' going forward under new coach Quin Snyder," Stein wrote. "Which means [Dejounte] Murray, De'Andre Hunter and Clint Capela, most notably, are all available in potential trades … and with sharpshooter Bogdan Bogdanović expected to generate as much external interest as any current Hawk."

The 31-year-old is averaging 17.7 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 31 games in 2023-24, making two starts thus far.

He's in his fourth season with the Hawks and has been a solid presence off the bench during his time with the team.

And while Bogdanović is signed through the 2026-27 season, he's on a relatively team-friendly deal that pays out $17.2 million in 2024-25 and $16 million in 2025-26. He also holds a $16 million team option for the 2026-27 campaign.

33 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I’m not sure this rumor is true, but KAT is not the same as Dominique.  

Dominique was the star 100%.  Dominique started allstar games, led the league in scoring, won dunk contests.  

Ant is the alpha on the Wolves.  
When Jimmy was there he treated Towns like he was a lap dog.  That would never happen to Dominique.  

In terms of making a major roster move despite being in a good position team-wise.  Wasn't comparing them as players, just comparing the situation. 

33 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ll package DJ CC Hunter and Bogi for (not Wiseman) :mail1: :dance: :buttdance: :batman::huh:

@kg01 approves (I tink) :mellow:

Wha? 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In terms of making a major roster move despite being in a good position team-wise.  Wasn't comparing them as players, just comparing the situation. 

The rest of us understood Kg, no worries. It was a good example.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Heck, Hollywood is even here now and thats A NEW phenomenon in Atlanta that will draw even more former athletes here. Bijaun Robinson of the Falcons got it made.  He said BEFORE he was drafted that he wants to be in movies.  He can walk out his front door and be on a movie set within minutes, a hour, or whatever. The cost of living, nightlife, music, business, real estate, it goes on and on.  Nah. thats a false narrative.  If the Hawks REALLY wanted a top free agent they could it one.

Playing here and living here is to different things. What SuperStar free agent in their prime have the Hawks signed.  Guys who are trying to win a championship have never taken the Hawks serious. The Hawks will need to have the players in place and a front office that's willing to spend to attract high level players. If that happens then all the great features of Atlanta will come into play.

You can't argue that high level free agents will come to  Atlanta until they do.  The Hawks as an organization haven't been respected that way. Just saying !

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Playing here and living here is to different things. What SuperStar free agent in their prime have the Hawks signed.  Guys who are trying to win a championship have never taken the Hawks serious. The Hawks will need to have the players in place and a front office that's willing to spend to attract high level players. If that happens then all the great features of Atlanta will come into play.

You can't argue that high level free agents will come to  Atlanta until they do.  The Hawks as an organization haven't been respected that way. Just saying !

He needs people to believe it's happening because of Trae.  Smh.  Free agents haven't come to the Hawks for literal decades ... because Trae.  Eyeroll. 

• Like 3