• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

48 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Where is this narrative coming from? I haven't seen anything reported that can be construed as Trae wanting to leave Atlanta. 

Supes is tryna speak it into existence.  Says stte "thas how Klutch operates".  Funny thing is he once said Trae asked out, then immediately said that was false.  It's a new 'anti-Trae' thing. 

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

According to the whispers... let's add up all the things we know..

• Young players.
  • Klutch is mediating orchestrating.
  • Not a star.

This paints a corner. I will be around next Sunday to see how it went.

fixd

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SalvorMallow said:

Where is this narrative coming from? I haven't seen anything reported that can be construed as Trae wanting to leave Atlanta. 

Candidly, I haven’t seen it reported anywhere. But we just can’t seem to build the right roster to support him. I can’t imagine he isn’t thinking about how well he could do elsewhere. I do think he likes Snyder as a coach and believes in him so that’s a plus. 

31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Supes is tryna speak it into existence.  Says stte "thas how Klutch operates".  Funny thing is he once said Trae asked out, then immediately said that was false.  It's a new 'anti-Trae' thing. 

That's literally been the rumor within owners for the last year that Trae is the next star to ask out and that's not just out of assumption

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SalvorMallow said:

Isn’t it obvious …..Supes is basically saying this FO is not capable of putting a team together to Traes desires. 

@Diesel has been saying do really think a bunch of picks is going to make Trae happy (in so many words).

the answer is unless the hawks really make a drastic improving move this trade deadline or this summer. Trae is out of here and I’m a huge Trae fan like @TheNorthCydeRises but Trae is in prime years right now. We would be foolish ass fans to believe Trae is going to keep giving the front office chances to put a team around him.

for right now I believe Trae is truly committed but let this be another downfall off season ….Trae is done with ATL. We can’t expect him to be so committed and the FO and owners keep making trash ass moves.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

That's not a rumor.  It's supposition. 

The fact that the front office has floundered opens the door to that supposition. 

What I balk at is the idea that people take that supposition and make assumptions about Trae's intent.  That's wrong.

Come on KG…Trae wants to win and he’s been loud and clear about that.

our FO constantly let’s him and us fans down. It may not be Traes intent. He very likely does want to win in Atlanta but when is he going to say ok enough is enough. This FO can’t get it done ???

im pass the whole star commitment. That doesn’t exist in the nba anymore and stars now have leverage as early as two years remaining on their contract.

folks who are big Trae fans like myself won’t like it but no one can really be all that surprised to hear that this “assumption “ could very be true.

I would rather just prepare for it rather than it be some big surprise this summer. Only way to avoid it is getting another superstar 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

How does a Kobe have enough size when DM clearly didn’t?  It is one thing to make the mistake with DM.  It is another to go all in on a guy without a single meaningful minute of NBA play who is the closest thing going to the guy who just failed to fit.  

Man I hope I am so wrong on him.  I want to bang my head against the wall hearing we plan to use our lottery pick on a backup PG.  just *{%%ing pay Delon Wright.  Get us the big men and wings we need.  And I say this as someone who loves Reed Sheppard.

We may have more than one lottery pick. Reed is projected as a 6-10 range player. It wouldn't shock me if we took him that they put him in at SG. He has defensive chops and insane shooting ability.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

That's literally been the rumor within owners for the last year that Trae is the next star to ask out and that's not just out of assumption

A lot can change from now and June but I haven’t gotten any indication he plans to ask out. I think fans (not saying you supes) hear “sellers” and they hold that synonymous to rebuild. Think they just plan to cycle the bad contracts out for picks and young players and they’ll further use them to build out a team for Quin. Tough needle to thread but one they have to do without their picks for next 3 years 

• Like 2

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We may have more than one lottery pick. Reed is projected as a 6-10 range player. It wouldn't shock me if we took him that they put him in at SG. He has defensive chops and insane shooting ability.

But Reed is smaller than DM.  Didn’t we learn our lesson that a tiny backcourt isn’t going to work?   Again, I’m a fan of his but expecting him to step in at a SG seems like setting him and the team up to fail.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Tre Murphy III … 6’8 3 and D shooting guard.  New Orleans needs a point guard … we need a shooting guard who defends and has size.

I know we had talks about Herb Jones/Murphy and the lakers 1st for DJM. I'll address this whenever the DJM trade is made official and we all know what the deal is.

But yes, I would love getting him and Herb Jones.

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, AHF said:

But Reed is smaller than DM.  Didn’t we learn our lesson that a tiny backcourt isn’t going to work?   Again, I’m a fan of his but expecting him to step in at a SG seems like setting him and the team up to fail.  

I can only tell you what I'm hearing my man. I do think size isn't what it means due to how defense is played. Reed has super active hands and feet. He also can shoot the daylights out of the ball. 

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

That's not a rumor.  It's supposition. 

The fact that the front office has floundered opens the door to that supposition. 

What I balk at is the idea that people take that supposition and make assumptions about Trae's intent.  That's wrong.

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

They’ve been secretly wishing that was the case since he broke out as a young star. That’s more indicative of how they don’t respect the Hawks as an organization to keep a star player (especially one repped by Klutch)than it is about Trae personally.

8 likes

And 

6 likes

This fanbase is gonna go through it this summer. That's all I gotta with the way things are currently being rumored to go. 

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I know we had talks about Herb Jones/Murphy and the lakers 1st for DJM. I'll address this whenever the DJM trade is made official and we all know what the deal is.

But yes, I would love getting him and Herb Jones.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

Isn’t it obvious …..Supes is basically saying this FO is not capable of putting a team together to Traes desires. 

@Diesel has been saying do really think a bunch of picks is going to make Trae happy (in so many words).

the answer is unless the hawks really make a drastic improving move this trade deadline or this summer. Trae is out of here and I’m a huge Trae fan like @TheNorthCydeRises but Trae is in prime years right now. We would be foolish ass fans to believe Trae is going to keep giving the front office chances to put a team around him.

for right now I believe Trae is truly committed but let this be another downfall off season ….Trae is done with ATL. We can’t expect him to be so committed and the FO and owners keep making trash ass moves.

Nawl..

I don't think Trae is out either.   He knows that he owns the city.   I don't know if he wants to go to LA and Be Lebron's boy.  Rose would have to be gone for him to go to NYK.  There are other places but I don't think he will have the amount of power he has here.   Here, he's a rockstar.   Somewhere else, maybe not. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nawl..

I don't think Trae is out either.   He knows that he owns the city.   I don't know if he wants to go to LA and Be Lebron's boy.  Rose would have to be gone for him to go to NYK.  There are other places but I don't think he will have the amount of power he has here.   Here, he's a rockstar.   Somewhere else, maybe not. 

He will never have the power anywhere else that he has here. We all know that. 

Trae don't care about power. He wants respect. As long as he's here and we aren't a serious contender, you can go figure. 

• Like 2