• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Looks Awesome and I wish it's possible.....but I think it's a pipe dream thinking we will get our two unprotected picks back.

Absolutely a pipe dream, although I think people overstate the importance of the unprotected status.  It matters if we end up in the lottery and the lotto balls fall in our favor (very low chance), and it also signals were not planning on tanking any time soon, but is there any precedent for someone top 3 or top 5 protecting a pick and it actually conveys in that range?  I doubt it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

We need a BIG that can get buckets when needed. Whether it shooting from pick and pop or scoring in the paint. We  Cant keep relying on the guards to do all of the scoring. Especialy late in games.. KAT ( @NBASupesguy) would be perfect.. OO at PF for his D might work then.. JJ at SF. 

I like the Filipowski kid in the draft..

Hawks HAVE to find  a Center.

Yeah I noticed our current centers don't have the ability to just get buckets.. Clint is washed.. OO seems more like a power forward every day.

I really only want to see JJ and Trae left on this team ASAP.

Everyone else should have been gone yesterday

Watching Clint fumble passes, blow layups and tip-ins night after night really gets old - I want him replaced (with a competent offensive center) more than anyone on the team.

If it's not an easy catch and flush then Trae should quit sending the ball his way - wastes so many possessions.

Edited by mountainjim
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm more interested in the players that AREN'T bought in though. 

Wonder who they are? I have 3 

Just assumption, but maybe AJ's lack of PT means he's not. Last season, Hunter wasn't. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mountainjim said:

Watching Clint fumble passes, blow layups and tip-ins night after night really gets old - I want him replaced (with a competent offensive center) more than anyone on the team.

If it's not an easy catch and flush then Trae should quit sending the ball his way - wastes so many possessions.

Well..the dude clogs the lane. You'd think he'd be able to sniff an easy 2....?but noooooo

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Out of every team mentioned I only like Detroit in this deal.

IMG_2578.png

Detroit has made a trade or it has been announced.  

Trading Trae - - - It ain't happening!  Why?  Because he's a star?  Because we can't get a positive return?  No!

Do the math.  Trae has a huge following with the Atlanta youth.  When the cameras switch from the court action to the fans in the stands, look!  How many youths Have the shirt with his name and number on it?

Imagine that he's traded.  What happens to all those shirts and, more importantly, what happens to all those fans who were inside those shirts?  Yep.  The Hawks have made a hero out of Trae to our young fans.  You don't abandon a hero.   

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Before anybody else calls Trae's name...

I want you to do this thought exercise with me...  Think about every Hawks team since 2019.   If it helps, write down every starting 5 for every Hawks team since 2019..

Trae, Collins, Hunter, Cam & Damian Jones..  You get it... 

Now.. think about all of those teams...

Pull Trae off the team...

Is the team  that's left closer to the lottery or closer to the playoffs?

There are two things that you should have learned from that thought exercise.

1.  We have never gotten Trae any real championship level Help. 

2.  Without Trae, we are a continual lottery team. 

STOP CALLING TRAE'S Name... and GET HIM SOME REAL HELP.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Trading Trae - - - It ain't happening!  Why?  Because he's a star?  Because we can't get a positive return?  No!

Do the math.  Trae has a huge following with the Atlanta youth.  When the cameras switch from the court action to the fans in the stands, look!  How many youths Have the shirt with his name and number on it?

Imagine that he's traded.  What happens to all those shirts and, more importantly, what happens to all those fans who were inside those shirts?  Yep.  The Hawks have made a hero out of Trae to our young fans.  You don't abandon a hero.   

How bout winning?   I ain't into shirts myself but kids are so i understand that part.  You gotta win though and I'm sure Trae is a winner.  

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm more interested in the players that AREN'T bought in though. 

Wonder who they are? I have 3 

There’s one player in particular who was widely reported to have a difficult time buying in to Quin last season. 
If there are multiple players, 12 has to be at the top of the list. 

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Little kids LOVE Trae.  Not just in ATL . . . just about everywhere.  In Tennessee, I've never seen another person in my area with a Trae Young jersey.  But whenever I wear mine, some 10 or 11 year old is commenting on me wearing a Trae jersey.

Trae represents all of those youth and high school players that can't jump out the gym or use their athleticism to overwhelm people.  He does it by using his skill, savvy, and long range shooting to do it.  The amount of kids taking 25 foot 3s on the middle and high school level has dramatically jumped.

And with those coaches embracing the more analytical game of jacking up 3s and going for layups, instead of running set offenses that take 40 seconds to get a good shot, these kids are gunning from everywhere.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Why are we even discussing trading Trae Young?

• Tony Ressler loves seeing T Young jersey sales, ticket sales, and all other financial benefits that come from having Trae Young as a Hawk
  • Trae has embraced the city and wants to win here
  • Quinn wants the whole team built around him with defense and length

He isn't going anywhere unless he demands out. 

The biggest fear most of us have is that he’s going to demand out.

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

The biggest fear most of us have is that he’s going to demand out.

Yeah, that is the biggest fear right now, regardless if you like Trae or not.  Trading Trae might give you assets but who is going to replace him, a player that wants to be here and wants to win here. 

That is the reason why that the Front Office needs to get their act together and make some changes. 

• Like 2

Just now, LucastheThird said:

So let's get in front of it and trade that special player away. That will be sure to attract other star players that Atlanta is the right place for them. 

Not attacking you personally, @JTB. But this line of thinking is what is going to set us back in eternal draft watch and I hated that. Let's not intentionally go backward. 

Naw, l3, hear me out.  See, if we get a buncha picks, we might luck into a guy as good as ... oh I dunno, Trae Young.  The same front office that's blown pick after pick after trade after pick.  Them same dudes are finally gonna get it right.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a recipe for a decade of Detroit-level sucktitude. 😐

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

So let's get in front of it and trade that special player away. That will be sure to convince other star players that Atlanta is the right place for them. 

Not attacking you personally, @JTB. But this line of thinking is what is going to set us back in eternal draft watch and I hated that. Let's not intentionally go backward. 

I don’t disagree. Kind of hard to trust the FO…so I’m a bit negative by default. But very good point.

the thought is we can draft another star and it never happens so I can’t argue with anything you’re saying.

Edited by JTB
  • Thanks 1