Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm going out on a limb and say fans are going to be disappointed and any trades we make will be "about the future" not this season.  

Feel like our front office is the fat slow kid playing duck duck goose other front offices point to and snicker at as they run around in circles never catching anyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm going out on a limb and say fans are going to be disappointed and any trades we make will be "about the future" not this season.  

I can guarantee people are going to be disappointed. We gave up 4 first round picks for Murray. We aren't getting that back even though he's now signed to a very team friendly deal. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can guarantee people are going to be disappointed. We gave up 4 first round picks for Murray. We aren't getting that back even though he's now signed to a very team friendly deal. 

Don't forget, the Hawks have had the use of this player for a % of his shelf life as a NBA player.  This has been valuable to Atlanta.  Whatever we get in return for him, be sure to deduct this amount from the total deal!

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Sothron said:

I am confused by this. What leverage? We are perhaps the only team actually selling going into the deadline. Even the hapless Pistons are trying to trade for stars to try and fix their rebuild. The Jazz since Dec 12th have been one of the best teams in the NBA (notice the Italian guy I mentioned weeks ago? he's now starting for them and it is not a coincidence it is paying off) so now they are reluctant to trade players. 

Frankly I don't know if our FO is pushing other teams hard enough.  You want to buy? Fine. It is literally a one team seller's market with at least 6-10 teams seriously trying to get various players off our roster. I would make them pay through the nose. If not, someone else will. It is the one lesson teams forget year in and year out: someone always, always makes that last jump for a player. 

Meant that post truly as a feeling, not as a prediction or rooted in fact.  Like how you go out for a drive and just know there's gonna be a wreck and your stuck in traffic all day type of feeling lol

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who?  🙄 

Cousins is just like a lot of former NBA players where he shows up in interviews, etc. from time to time.  The only reason this one is getting press is because Trae drives clicks.  I don't think anyone seriously cares about DMC's views on the Hawks otherwise.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, AHF said:

Cousins is just like a lot of former NBA players where he shows up in interviews, etc. from time to time.  The only reason this one is getting press is because Trae drives clicks.  I don't think anyone seriously cares about DMC's views on the Hawks otherwise.

Trae plays on National TV and plays well....so like clockwork...he should ask out.  Par the course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

there's a rookie I like on that team but would they include him? Butler has taken him under his wing to literally replace him on that team.

No.. No they wouldnt..

• Like 3

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Not all of them..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I wouldn’t consider this take to be going out on a limb TBH. That’s the odds on favorite reaction for Hawks fans. Vegas wouldn’t even offer props on that bet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, AHF said:

Dude was overly emotional and just ended up being a stat player.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A previous team has joined back in the Dejounte sweepstakes with a rather enticing offer. Deal might not have any picks but players are interesting

IMO, they should be prioritizing players over picks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1