• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

If I can make one request...please don't get upset with the "insiders" for sharing these rumors/rumblings whatever you want to call it. We are just the messengers here. As a fan I am horrified at some of the packages being offered to the Hawks for our players.  

💯💥🤛🙈🙊🙉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If I can make one request...please don't get upset with the "insiders" for sharing these rumors/rumblings whatever you want to call it. We are just the messengers here. As a fan I am horrified at some of the packages being offered to the Hawks for our players.  

I'm not upset with anyone.  But I am TERRIFIED of what this organization may do.  The problem with tearing it all down is someone has to build it back.  And does anyone really trust Tony, Landry, or Kyle to build it back into something better?  

With that said, I've liked Mitchell Robinson so swapping him for Clint would be OK with me.  Still not sure it moves the needle given MR's injury history, but I'd be ok with it.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I will say that it is 100% fact that Quin wants an almost complete tear down of the roster. 

When did he decide this?

The offseason.

10, 20, 30 games in?

• Like 2

As I've said eariler, all these trades are bad. All of them. And I heard the ones for Clint and Dre. Those are bad too. Bey is the only one I've heard deals that make some sense for us. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The Mitchell Robinson/Grimes/Fournier and two FRP for DJM/Capela was countered with the same deal but reduced to one FRP. These are real firsts not the "fake" firsts the Knicks have. 

I don't know who @Mikey source is but one of my Hawks sources flip their lid when they saw this has come out in public. 

These talks are real. It doesn't mean we are going to make a trade. I will say that it is 100% fact that Quin wants an almost complete tear down of the roster. 

By "real" firsts we mean firsts that are projected to be well outside of the lottery, right?

Frankly, I'm glad the Knicks rejected that offer and hope they continue to be unreasonable so we don't settle for this type of "planned self-destruction without owning our own picks" path.

It makes a lot more sense to keep Trae and JJ and deal everyone else for better fitting pieces if we want to completely rebuild the roster.  Not sure why Snyder came here when we don't own our picks if he wants a tank tear down.

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The outsiders are amenable to the terms but may we counter a trade of one or more outsiders to help us get under the tax? 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When did he decide this?

About the time he started to realize all tha L's go on his personal coaching record.  😄

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The Mitchell Robinson/Grimes/Fournier and two FRP for DJM/Capela was countered with the same deal but reduced to one FRP. These are real firsts not the "fake" firsts the Knicks have. 

I don't know who @Mikey source is but one of my Hawks sources flip their lid when they saw this has come out in public. 

These talks are real. It doesn't mean we are going to make a trade. I will say that it is 100% fact that Quin wants an almost complete tear down of the roster. 

I am HIM Sothron lol jk. But thank you for the corroboration. I don't even think my source follows these message boards and he certainly didn't tell me to keep this under wraps.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I'm guessing IF anything happens, it won't be until right before the deadline which means we got a few more weeks of this.  That rumored Lakers offer stinks.  Smells like chitlins.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Seems like summer will be a better time to deal if this is what we are getting.  Still baffled by the OG Knicks trade.  Both teams came away with legit good player yet we're looking at scraps for DJ.  Not sure why we weren't sending DJ/Hunter for OG. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Real Firsts are:

Knicks 2024 1st, current #18

Dallas 2024 1st, currently #21

Knicks unprotected future 1sts.

We currently have our own 2024 1st, currently #9 and the 2024 Sac 1st, currently #17.

Unless I'm mistaken:

Knicks pick is currently the #21/22 pick since they are tied for the 9th best record.  I think the reasonable expectation is for that to get worse with the addition of Dejounte to the team and the fact that the Knicks have gone 8-2 since they added OG.

Dallas pick is currently #18.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deester11 said:

This team is always going to fool themselves into thinking a player can be kept one year or more longer than the vision calls for.  If that's the case, you have no vision.  Clint should have been jettisoned last year, Hunter last year, JC peak value was the year before.  When does it ever end? 

IMB_20180908094136_ZaMF.gif

True and yet majority opinion on Huerter is we traded him too soon and “for nothing.”  He’s the one guy we traded at the right time before he was worth nothing.  

All the people who are in peak pessimism right now I would like to see their posts calling for trading Capela, Collins, Hunter, or Cam soon after the ECF.  

I’m not even pessimistic yet.  Too many rumors.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

I’m not even pessimistic yet.  Too many rumors.

My negativity is premised purely on the idea that rumors reported in this thread turn out to be true.  Obviously, it isn't real until a deal happens so I remain hopeful that we will decide to try to win with Trae before he can become an UFA.

(With Huerter, there is no majority opinion.  Some feel like we should have kept him at least until Bogi was back.  Some felt like we should have gotten something back that would help us on the floor.  Some felt like we traded him before his value peaked.  Some felt like it was a good trade.  Your mileage may vary.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1