• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

No matter what happens, it's good to see them still supportive of each other.

Love the energy. Kudos to Murray for playing so well with all the trade noise going on. It has to be tough for him to hear all of that and still remain locked in for the team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dalamchops said:

why r ppl so suddenly enamored w/ what djm's done the last 2 games? We've had 1.5yr to evaluate his fit. If anything I am hoping the last 2 games pushes his value up so some team will give us a better deal than what we've been offered.

Nobody is saying he suddenly fits and to not trade him. We are only saying that the proposed trades do not give us back adequate value for his skills. We would rather pull him off the market and see what the team can do the last half of the season before we just give him away. Revisit trading him in the offseason when other teams know they will need a PG for their roster. 

• Thanks 1

Here’s my prediction. And I HOPE I am wrong. But it’s our FO so 🙃

1. We trade DJ for two firsts and some mid player who is not a star. 

2. Trae makes all star this year. He is playing incredible this year. Kudos to him. 

3. We make play in and lose. Rumors swirl again that Trae may ask out if we don’t get a star to pair with him. 

3. FO goes all in on this idea that we can get KAT or go and find a superstar to play with Trae in the off-season. 

4. Because we are the hawks teams lowball when we make offers. We push hard for KAT or another star but some other team swoops in to get him somehow and then Trae asks out eventually. 

5. We retool or whatever with Bufkin and Jalen and Snyder at the helm. 

I don’t want this to happen. But it feels inevitable, given our fortunate. Needless to say, we need to figure it out with Trae / Murray combo. 

Edited by Bonzaii58

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, Mikey said:

Well i was skimming. theres like 100s of comments its tough to go through all and everybody types a different way. Ignore my comment supes you are correct! AHF post i read and I understand what he saying but he also is shaping it as if its a worst case scenario. He started off with mentioning if we do something trae will ask out (and so what if he does). Let him ask out and then they can really do what Quin wants which is a tear down.

Im sorry but this is BS. There's no way Quin signed with the Hawks to coach through a rebuild.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JTB said:

Insiders @Sothron @Mikey @NBASupes @Vol4ever @thecampster

Does these strong back to back performances from Murray change the front office initial plans to trade Murray?

do they hold off for a bigger potential deal this offseason?….

i have to agree with most on this board that Murray should not just be given away. I don’t think his value is being taken seriously in these trade offers.

That I don't know.  They started out wanting to get a player to compete for the playoffs.  The found that Hunter and capela really wasn't gonna get anything in return.  Then they starting losing games and fell back.  All the sudden they have won a couple games after that meltdown at home with Washington.  I don't think it changes strategy but the price to get Murray has gotten higher.   

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Murray is the only one that was openly shopped but the issue is, now, it's dragging down the team. This is on Tony. He wants everyone to know so he can seek the best package but that's not how it's going. If anything, we have been low balled so far. 

What's the Tony angle?

Is he circumventing the FO? Is he talking to other owners/FOs, etc.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What's the Tony angle?

Is he circumventing the FO? Is he talking to other owners/FOs, etc.

He heard inking within the ownership circle that Trae was going to ask out and wanted to make it clear we are willing to do whatever it takes to keep him. It just didn't work out the way be hoped. 

He's way too Trae centric. That's why we do 99% of the dumb shit we do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Rozier has suitors but CHA getting low balled

P.J. been available but they want a 1st for him and haven't gotten it yet. 

Bridges can pick where he wants to go. Makes it difficult. Watch for Detroit.

Teams see Hayward as a buyout target. He could be had for little to nothing but it's unlikely as teams are low balling CHA. 

CHA been getting low balled like us. Most sellers are getting low balled right now. 

I was told that teams are getting serious with TOR about Bruce Brown. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He heard inking within the ownership circle that Trae was going to ask out and wanted to make it clear we are willing to do whatever it takes to keep him. It just didn't work out the way be hoped. 

He's way too Trae centric. That's why we do 99% of the dumb shit we do.

You've gone from saying Trae asked out, to saying he didn't.  Then he was gonna ask out, but didn't.  Now you're saying he heard he was gonna ask out.

I'll just wait for when you admit that didn't happen either. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

You've gone from saying Trae asked out, to saying he didn't.  Then he was gonna ask out, but didn't.  Now you're saying he heard he was gonna ask out.

I never said Trae asked out ever. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Supes only predicted it.