• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Google search Herb Jones and every one and their mama are chomping at the bit right now to get him after this article. 
Going to be a ton of competition for his services.

I truly don't believe that rumor.  I want it to be true but I just don't buy it.

If you're them, wouldn't you trade Ingram before trading either Jones or Murphy?

51 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I truly don't believe that rumor.  I want it to be true but I just don't buy it.

If you're them, wouldn't you trade Ingram before trading either Jones or Murphy?

Ok let’s get Ingram and jones for Hunter and Murray.. done deal

2 hours ago, GameTime said:

Thoughts?

Laker fans are looosers lmao

also this Jake guy needs to delete his socials and re evaluate his life

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I've mentioned the interest Atlanta has in Jones/Murphy weeks ago. Interest is real. I can see Jones and two firsts for DJ. 

I think fans are starting to finally see the reality of the new CBA settling in. The NBA has made it practically impossible to have a Big 3 any more because you literally can't pay everyone. So now the stars will get more spread out or stay at home which is frankly what the NBA vastly prefers. 

😗

Still seems like more of an offseason move to me.  The kiss offer doesn't expire, btw. 

• Haha 3

Trae/Grimes/Jones/JJ/Claxton

Just say F it and sell out on defense lol

But seriously…those NOP picks probably end up as mid-late firsts if they have a core of DJM/Ingram/Zion. Better off seeing what happens with KAT this summer.

I love what DJM has been giving us over these last few games anyways.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 4:30 AM, JTB said:

Insiders @Sothron @Mikey @NBASupes @Vol4ever @thecampster

Does these strong back to back performances from Murray change the front office initial plans to trade Murray?

do they hold off for a bigger potential deal this offseason?….

i have to agree with most on this board that Murray should not just be given away. I don’t think his value is being taken seriously in these trade offers.

I heard that Trae who was indeed sick was leaning to play against the heat but they told him stay at home so they can showcase to teams DJ’s value as a pg. 

like I said weeks ago he asked out. There is no plans to retain him. Could he survive the deadline sure but he won’t be surviving the summer. I think they try to put Dre and Clint who nobody in league values in a djm deal. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

like I said weeks ago he asked out. There is no plans to retain him. Could he survive the deadline sure but he won’t be surviving the summer. I think they try to put Dre and Clint who nobody in league values in a djm deal. 

Interesting - but that sounds like a deal you make over the summer for a max type player that didn’t go as far in the playoffs and the other team wants to reset / re tool. 

like a KAT as has been discussed or a Brandon Ingram, Jaylen Brown, etc. 

10 minutes ago, Packfill said:

I don't see why San Antonio would want to do a deal like this.  Russell does not move the needle for them.  They need to hold on for a real star to pair with Wemby.  They have time.

"Great for LAL so ... nuthin else matter." - Eggsperts 

• Thanks 3

19 hours ago, Sothron said:

I've mentioned the interest Atlanta has in Jones/Murphy weeks ago. Interest is real. I can see Jones and two firsts for DJ. 

I think fans are starting to finally see the reality of the new CBA settling in. The NBA has made it practically impossible to have a Big 3 any more because you literally can't pay everyone. So now the stars will get more spread out or stay at home which is frankly what the NBA vastly prefers. 

Can the Pelicans afford Murray given they already have Zion. Ingram and CJ on big money deals (particularly since they would still need a center since Valancius is a free agent this off-season)?  Seems like they would need to do something much more radical to fit Murray from a salary perspective.

2 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

Interesting - but that sounds like a deal you make over the summer for a max type player that didn’t go as far in the playoffs and the other team wants to reset / re tool. 

like a KAT as has been discussed or a Brandon Ingram, Jaylen Brown, etc. 

pelicans are a team I’d keep an eye out for given they are kinda hawks west in their ownership is cost cutting and they likely will need a shake up in core. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

pelicans are a team I’d keep an eye out for given they are kinda hawks west in their ownership is cost cutting and they likely will need a shake up in core. 

Probably the only team that has players I'd be happy with [that would realistically trade them] outside of waiting for the offseason in a potential KAT sweepstakes.

Trae Young injury update: Hawks star placed in concussion protocol, out indefinitely

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/trae-young-injury-update-hawks-star-placed-in-concussion-protocol-out-indefinitely/

Welp we are definitely about to tank now. DJM probably will probably be traded soon to improve our draft pick. 

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Trae Young injury update: Hawks star placed in concussion protocol, out indefinitely

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/trae-young-injury-update-hawks-star-placed-in-concussion-protocol-out-indefinitely/

Welp we are definitely about to tank now. DJM probably will probably be traded soon to improve our draft pick. 

Worse case scenario...  Trae down.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

"Worse case"?  Not according to like 30% of this board.  There's an uncomfortable amount of Hawks "fans" that are happy about this.  They'll show themselves in the coming days so keep a look out for these frauds.

That said, we should have enough to not fall totally off a cliff if we play AND COACH with some pride. 

I doubt people are genuinely happy he had a concussion, even it's clear a lot of people here think he's not that impactful to winning.  I just hope we get some more young guys runs instead of Matthews/Bey/Patty in the rotation.

• Confused 1

There’s a good chance it’s just for these two West coast games.  Take the time to stay home, rest and heal up a bit.  Hopefully he’ll be available for the Friday Mavs game.  6 game home stand end of Jan beginning of Feb.

Edited by Chrimturn
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

There’s a good chance it’s just for these two West coast games.  Take the time to stay home, rest and heal up a bit.  Hopefully he’ll be available for the Friday Mavs game.  6 game home stand end of Jan beginning of Feb.

That would be great, but given the reason they wanted Trae to stay home for the Heat game, they want to showcase Murray as a PG to the league. As long as he balls out, he'll be gone by the deadline.