• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Dude playing 15mpg, homes.  He can be had.  Only hurdle is of they wanna keep him as a roster body post blowup.

Young competitive dude on a value contract.   Why would they trade him??  He is whats left after the blowup. 

I believe when they signed him this past summer, the thought was that he would be the one that remained...  "He who remains". 

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Young competitive dude on a value contract.   Why would they trade him??  He is whats left after the blowup. 

I believe when they signed him this past summer, the thought was that he would be the one that remained...  "He who remains". 

It's possible.  As I said, if they see him as 'he who remains' after the blowup, I could see some resistance to trading.  However, he ain't good enough to forgo getting a mid-asset if we offer it.  He's only valuable as an add-on, not as a main piece. 

Honestly tho, I can't see him being 'he who remains' considering Ayo and Cody White are more in that vein than him.

So I've agreed with you and vehemently disagreed within the same post.  That's not easy to do so 'yay me' 

• Haha 3

• Moderators

In a fantasy world i'd love to trade patty/aj/garrison/2nd for Bojan.  then trade Bey/Bruno for Finney-smith.  I think DFS is a better defender and PF than Bey and Bojan can score and probably hold down the 3 or 4 in a backup role. Be like having Gallo back.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Bojan

I’m sorry we have a Bog.. {wait..he said Boj}.. 😐 

Look if we can’t have folks spell Shelden right this ish gonna confuse people :boredom:

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

In a fantasy world i'd love to trade patty/aj/garrison/2nd for Bojan.  then trade Bey/Bruno for Finney-smith.  I think DFS is a better defender and PF than Bey and Bojan can score and probably hold down the 3 or 4 in a backup role. Be like having Gallo back.  

The outsiders are doing a full investigation on the Bog brothers..

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We just keep trying to team up the two Bogdanovichs, aren't we?😆 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry we have a Bog.. {wait..he said Boj}.. 😐 

Look if we can’t have folks spell Shelden right this ish gonna confuse people :boredom:

The outsiders are doing a full investigation on the Bog brothers..

Is it wrong that I hate agreeing with @macdaddy now that he's a mod?  Like, i feel like i should always disagree with him now. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Is it wrong that I hate agreeing with @macdaddy now that he's a mod?  Like, i feel like i should always disagree with him now. 

Ever since he’s become a mod Mac has becoming less edgy and more professional. I know that Mac ain’t gone.. 😃 he’s in there.. deeper now .. wonder 💭 if we ever see him come out again..

Like my lady friend’s bestie gets angry every few years and we call it “Mama rage 😡 “… do daddy got a rage left in de tank? 🤔 

• Like 3

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ever since he’s become a mod Mac has becoming less edgy and more professional. I know that Mac ain’t gone.. 😃 he’s in there.. deeper now .. wonder 💭 if we ever see him come out again..

Like my lady friend’s bestie gets angry every few years and we call it “Mama rage 😡 “… do daddy got a rage left in de tank? 🤔 

psycho-anthony-perkins.gif

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Looking at the wrong guys.

The problem of this team mainly has to do with the inactivity of De'Andre Hunter. 

We have a 6-8 dude on this team who can play decent defense, but is not an impact defender.  He is a very poor rebound for his size.  He has average athleticism, which limits how active he is.  And overall, he's soft.

Everyone has asked for Trae to up his defensive intensity, and he's done just that.  But what about Dre?  We need exponential improvement from Dre, and we're just not getting it.

The fact that this guy is STILL our worst rotation player from an analytic standpoint, is crazy to me.

image.thumb.png.c7b10926f4a085df39314c80b1fffe41.png

Adding Jevon, Dennis, and Delon to this team, does not solve the issue we have with the frontline defense.  These are all backup PGs who won't see more than 18 minutes per game.  Our bench unit is actually OK, when Hunter is off the floor.  It's the starting unit WITH Hunter that is the problem.

I've said this for 4 years now, but I truly believe that Hunter would be more effective, if he played the 2.  He doesn't want to mix it up in the paint, so just play him at the 2.  That way, we can get a 3 in here that is active and can provide more defensive intangibles than Dre does.

It's not a coincidence that we made a significant playoff run basically WITHOUT Dre.

Don't trade for a backup PG.  Trade Dre for an energy SF.

I've been feeling the same for a couple years now.  Consolidation trade with Dre + stuff for a better SF.  

I'm also starting to think that either Trae or DJ has to go, but it's a bit early for me to push that button.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, txsting said:

I'm also starting to think that either Trae or DJ has to go, but it's a bit early for me to push that button.  

As a duo... Trae and DJ...

27.1, 2.9, 10.7 shooting 41% from the field. 

20.4, 4.1,  5.1 shooting 45.8% from the field. 

What is the problem here?

What are some of the best 1 & 2 combos in the league??

Steph and Klay?

29.1, 5.0, 4.7 shooting 47.6% From the field 

15.7, 3.8, 2.3 shooting 40.6% from the field. 

Jalen and RJ?

24.8, 3.7, and 5.5 shooting 46.7% from the field 

18.6, 3.6, and 2.7 shooting 42.1% from the field. 

Haliburton and Hield?

26.9, 4.0, and 11.9 shooting 52.1% from the field. 

+

13.6, 3.0, and 1.3 shooting 45.9% from the field.

Point is... you can't find a duo that dominates what we have in our 1 and 2.   That's because the 1 and 2 are not the problem.   The problem is somewhere else.  I can finger point, but I don't want to go off on a tangent and some of you will. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Diesel said:

I don't think he can successfully guard most 2 guards.  I think he'd be in foul trouble often.   He has good fundamentals... but that is not enough if you don't have speed.   Opposing 2 guards will be licking their chops for a chance to cross him up or to put him in the PNR.   Can you see him dying on the pick everytime??

Nah.. that would be a mistake. 

Not worried about if he can guard 2s or not.  Find a 3 who can guard 2s, but still isn't afraid to mix it up in the paint. 

Have Dre still guard 3s, but on offense, play him at the 2.