• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Lots of baggage but the time to get him probably already passed.  He has been really strong this year and seized the starting role back from PJ Washington right away.

Saw this earlier:

Miles Bridges returned to the Charlotte Hornets on a one-year deal. It's expected that this will be Bridges' final season in Charlotte, according to Yahoo! Sports Jake Fischer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mikey said:

They are number 3 in points per 100 possessions in the half court per cleaning the glass. 8th in points per 100 possessions. And they are the team with the most possessions in the half court. The offense is good lol by every metric

Good digging although I do agree that the halfcourt offense isn’t ideal in terms of the team getting high percentage shots outside of Trae’s passing creation.  I think those numbers are propped up by high rankings in terms of FT rate from Trae supported by OO and Dre along with high offensive rebounding marks from OO, Clint, and Bey.

Many times the Hawks’ best halfcourt offense is Trae drawing a bump and heading to the stripe: glad he toned down his complaining when he doesn’t get the call some.  It’s also a good problem when we expect better than .869 at the line from him.

Edited by benhillboy

6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Good digging although I do agree that the halfcourt offense isn’t ideal in terms of the team getting high percentage shots outside of Trae’s passing creation.  I think those numbers are propped up by high rankings in terms of FT rate from Trae supported by OO and Dre along with high offensive rebounding marks from OO, Clint, and Bey.

Many times the Hawks’ best halfcourt offense is Trae drawing a bump and heading to the stripe: glad he toned down his complaining when he doesn’t get the call some.  It’s also a good problem when we expect better than .869 at the line from him.

Careful, hillbilly.  Some of this smacks of semi-compliments for Trae.  You sure you don't wanna edit those out of your post?

🤓

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, kg01 said:

Careful, hillbilly.  Some of this smacks of semi-compliments for Trae.  You sure you don't wanna edit those out of your post?

🤓

Dammit, we need that RealGM feature where you can edit a post a month later.

Seriously tho I’ve detailed parts of Trae’s game good and bad you haven’t and won’t see anywhere else old cagey one.

• Haha 3

On 11/30/2023 at 11:25 AM, NBASupes said:

Offensive rating means nothing. If you struggle in the half court when you need a bucket, your metrics are fugazi

There's some truth to this.  Our end of game "situational offense" relies on Trae or DJ making contested shots, or Trae getting to the FT line.  The issue with Trae is that refs will swallow their whistles at times in those final minutes, even if he obviously gets hit.

Clutch shooting stats from the Hawks:

Trae . . ( -29 in the clutch )

• 39% FG . . ( 11 - 28 FG )
  • 23% 3FG . ( 3 - 14 3FG )
  • 85% FG . . ( 28 - 33 FT ) . . #1 in FT attempts and makes . . tied with Lillard in makes at 28, who is 28 - 29 at the line.
  • 5.9 ppg . . #2 in the league behind Lillard at 6.1 ppg
  • 7 total assists . . 1 total turnover . . 5 total steals - ( leads the league in steals in the clutch )

DJ . . ( -23 in the clutch )

• 43% FG . . ( 12 - 28 FG )
  • 50% 3FG . ( 2 - 4 3FG )
  • 86% FG . . ( 6 - 7 FT )
  • 3.2 ppg . . #22 in the league
  • 4 total assists . . 4 total turnovers ( #13 in the league ) . . 2 total steals

Quin refuses to play Bogi in the clutch minutes, in favor of having Dre on the floor for his defense.  Bogi has only played a grand total of 8 games and 14 minutes in the clutch.  Having Bogi on the floor would at least get us another shooter on the floor, but would weaken our defense.  Only 4 total shots for Bogi, with 1 make.

Hunter may as well be completely invisible. With the guard controlling the show and taking 80% of the shots, Dre has only 5 clutch shot attempts in 38 total minutes played.  Also in those 38 minutes:  3 rebs - 0 assists - 0 steals - 0 blocks.  3 fouls though.

We need additional front court talent in the worst way.  That's why the loss of JJ is temporarily devastating.  The guards have to flat out carry us, until he gets back.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We NEED to add help to the frontcourt. We have no PF on the roster without Jalen and it is showing up in the most glaring ways. It’s like trying to play football without TEs or LBs. There is a glaring lack of size/length that impacts our defensive upside.

Even when Jalen returns, we need to invest in a true rotational four.

My imagination says Dre and Bey should be able to get the job done but reality says otherwise.

Sign a journeyman for all I care, just get some size on the roster.

It was obvious that Hunter and Bey were not going to be able to pickup the slack at PF. Neither are good responders, they don't have bulk, and they aren't physical enough.

It's great that JJ has progressed to what he the extent that he has, but entering into the season with him as the only guy at PF was silly to start with 

• Premium Member

Bey can't guard a broom. We really, really need to move him. I can't imagine AJ is worse on defense. Either play AJ and flip Bey or trade them both. We can't have a complete negative on defense like Bey. 

Who thought there would be a day when Trae wasn't the worst defender on the Hawks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Bey can't guard a broom. We really, really need to move him. I can't imagine AJ is worse on defense. Either play AJ and flip Bey or trade them both. We can't have a complete negative on defense like Bey. 

Who thought there would be a day when Trae wasn't the worst defender on the Hawks?

Trae significantly improved this year and Bey playing defense as poorly with the Hawks as he did with Detroit. There is a reason he was one of only two shooters in Detroit and they traded him. From what I seen, Trae is still our worse defender one a possession level but that's mainly because he plays a lot of mins due to his offensive value. If Bey had to play as many minutes, he might be our worst defender. 

Chances are, if anyone here on the Squawk owns a vehicle, that vehicle has a spare tire.  Question:  How long has it been since you used that spare tire?  Yet, it is necessary that you keep a spare.

Check the Hawk's box scores.  There we see some players with a - - did not play, coaches decision.  These are our spare parts.  Some are used more than others.  Those who are seldom / never used in a game need to be flushed and just maybe we can find an old veteran big man to back up the PF position.

:smug:

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 12/1/2023 at 4:56 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Saw this earlier:

Miles Bridges returned to the Charlotte Hornets on a one-year deal. It's expected that this will be Bridges' final season in Charlotte, according to Yahoo! Sports Jake Fischer.

Interesting.  If that is the case, they should absolutely feature him and then trade him for the best offer no matter what it is.

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Is Bridges criminal case settled now?

Depends which case you are talking about.  But the last I've seen, he still has one open case with a hearing scheduled for February so seems a risk that is very much still alive but that the NBA's suspension has ended pending new developments.  Presumably, if he gets convicted on the open case he will miss more time.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Depends which case you are talking about.  But the last I've seen, he still has one open case with a hearing scheduled for February so seems a risk that is very much still alive but that the NBA's suspension has ended pending new developments.  Presumably, if he gets convicted on the open case he will miss more time.

just answer me one question, can he shoot 40%+ from 3?

• Like 1