• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

Frustrating. When we are saving and have cap space nobody comes to the Hawks. When we build it and we need vets to fit, we don’t seem to have enough equity to make a decent trade that moves the meter or bar if you will…

Its a catch 22 I tell ya 🤦‍♀️ 

Oh also FYI, I posted the Jerami Grant thing earlier from BR or wherever but it doesn’t mean I’m down with it.Not sure if he makes a huge difference.

Siakam, at what cost? Raptors management is unreasonable to deal with it seems.

KAT- Revisit that for the unteenth time… He actually would shift it, but who knows for better or worse and at what cost 💲 

Or just..

Start playing better with more focus for 48 minutes a night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

What we doing now isn't gonna to lead us to anything but a 8th seed. 

We aren't even atruly great offense 

No way you’re saying they aren’t a great offense lol. They are on pace to be second in nba history for offensive rating (behind this years pacers team). The offense is elite. The problem is defense 

27 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No way you’re saying they aren’t a great offense lol. They are on pace to be second in nba history for offensive rating (behind this years pacers team). The offense is elite. The problem is defense 

Offensive rating means nothing. If you struggle in the half court when you need a bucket, your metrics are fugazi

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Start playing better with more focus for 48 minutes a night.

Considering teams' asking prices, this is the move unfortunately.  Freaking 2 1sts being sought for DFS by BKN?  Really? Same for Caruso?  Come on, mayne.  Market is crazed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Offensive rating means nothing. If you struggle in the half court when you need a bucket, your metrics are fugazi

Agree.  Our 4th quarter offensive rating is 2 points lower than overall.  We are 5th overall and 10th in the fourth.  Last year was worse.  

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't say it means nothing but it doesn't tell the full story.  Like most stats, you need to look at more than just a metric to get a good view on a topic.  Looking at 4th quarter / crunch time / etc. scoring definitely as you and mac suggested is important to contextualize this.  But, for example, there is a very, very strong correlation between NBA champions and high ORTGs so it definitely isn't meaningless.

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The Twolves aren't trading KAT. As I said before and I believe others did as well the Twolves wanted to see what their team would look like healthy. They are having a great season. No way they trade KAT now.

On pace to their best season in franchise history.  Of course they aren't dealing any key players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Weeeeellllll........It's working for Indy in the early going. Is it sustainable? Probably not, but I'm sure there fans love it.

Our problem is, eben though we have a top 5 offense, we go thru these scoring droughts and then the defense gets much worse.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

ALL. OF. THIS.  All of it.  If you struggle to put the ball in the basket when it counts, then you do not have an elite offense and your metrics are fools gold.  If we want any hope of being better than a middle of the pack team, then it starts with getting Trae open AND putting capable finishers/shooters around him.  Among the things we need to fix/tweak, our starting lineup is missing the secondary threat that would facilitate this.

Surrounding Trae with a bunch of big bodies that rebound and defend will surely help us get stops.  It won't matter if these same dudes are watching Trae and DJ going one-on-three against the zone.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We are an offense team that's how we are going to win. Yes, we need defensive players. True but we need impactful players and we need at least one true big that can create his own offense and draw double teams 

I believe, when he heals and gets some NBA experience, we have such a player already.  M. Gueye fits the description.  At least I can dream until he proves me wrong.  I have high hopes for this player!

:smug:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I believe, when he heals and gets some NBA experience, we have such a player already.  M. Gueye fits the description.  At least I can dream until he proves me wrong.  I have high hopes for this player!

Gueye doesn't really have that profile either. 

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gueye doesn't really have that profile either. 

Nope.  He doesn't.  Not yet.  I expect him to grow into it.  Creating his own shots and drawing double teams.  

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hunter $20mil...Siakam $37 mil......Hawks need to add more salary. who else are you adding to make up the $17 mil shortfall.

This trade started out in the spring and just some sports wanna be journalist rehashing the rumor.  

21 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They are number 3 in points per 100 possessions in the half court per cleaning the glass. 8th in points per 100 possessions. And they are the team with the most possessions in the half court. The offense is good lol by every metric

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Patty Mills and a 2nd for Bridges....no not that one, this one...as in Miles. (Yes, yes, I know, I know, but still............).

Lots of baggage but the time to get him probably already passed.  He has been really strong this year and seized the starting role back from PJ Washington right away.

• Like 2