• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 hour ago, shakes said:

Hawks top 5 in offense and bottom of the barrel in defense.  Why you focusing on offense?

You really think the way to go is to just say F it and try and outscore everyone?  That plan has never produced success in the NBA.

exactly... we need to quit with the offensive additions

• Premium Member

I don't think this calls for a gut job.  That's what many of you are asking for. 

It may be that we pull the trigger on Siakam.. but his season has been yuck.

The truth is...  OO would be a defensive upgrade at the 4 but would be a subpar 4. 

The truth is...  Hunter should be able to play the 4 but doesn't seem to have the toughness for it. 

The truth is... It's unknown if Siakam could offer us any better defense at the 4.   It would just be a sexy move because you're bringing in another scorer. 

If it's scorers we're after, KAT looks like a better deal. 

Somebody get out the advanced stats and find a big who can rebound and defend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't think this calls for a gut job.  That's what many of you are asking for. 

It may be that we pull the trigger on Siakam.. but his season has been yuck.

The truth is...  OO would be a defensive upgrade at the 4 but would be a subpar 4. 

The truth is...  Hunter should be able to play the 4 but doesn't seem to have the toughness for it. 

The truth is... It's unknown if Siakam could offer us any better defense at the 4.   It would just be a sexy move because you're bringing in another scorer. 

If it's scorers we're after, KAT looks like a better deal. 

Somebody get out the advanced stats and find a big who can rebound and defend.

WE'RE NOT AFTER SCORERS... WE DON'T WANT "NO DEFENSE" KAT.

4 hours ago, shakes said:

Hawks top 5 in offense and bottom of the barrel in defense.  Why you focusing on offense?

You really think the way to go is to just say F it and try and outscore everyone?  That plan has never produced success in the NBA.

Man, that's the best plan. Offense so elite it makes defense a lot easier. 

• Like 2

CARUSO is not going to make much of a difference with this team. This team is two elite ballplayers away from competing. Adding a role player will only keep us in the middle of the pack, a 500 team at best. This type of trade is only made by delusional teams that can't accept the reality that they are mid. Face the fact of who you really are, don't make it worse by making an ill advised trade that sets us back for years. There are only a few ballplayers in the league that can turn this team around as currently constructed.

Go get some young front court dogs thru the draft and some strategic trades. This is not a quick turn around. Accept who you are and proceed appropriately. Don't dig a deeper whole in which to climb out of. Get use to it Hawk fans, the Hawks are short of a miracle before competing in the east no less than the league.

I'm ok with this as long as we don't compound the problem by making a stupid trade.

Go Hawks!!!

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Really needed the TWolves to struggle until the deadline to have a realistic shot at this, but unfortunately, they look very very good right now.  A lot of people are going to be eating crow on that Gobert trade.

35 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yup and It’s working for the bucks.

their defense is ass but it’s tough to defend Giannis and Dame for 48 minutes.

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

It won’t lead to a title, but at least it will be fun to watch.    Definitely better than the current plan whatever that is.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Weeeeellllll........It's working for Indy in the early going. Is it sustainable? Probably not, but I'm sure there fans live it.

Our problem is, eben though we have a top 5 offense, we go thru these scoring droughts and then the defense gets much worse.

Indy hasn't been relevant for ages, for them a play in spot is a success at this stage. Hawks have been stuck playing. 500 ball after making the ECF  going on for three years now. Elite on offense and crap on defense will gets you to the second round tops. Not sure that's what we are aiming for, I hope it's not. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

What I see as a problem with the Hawks is too much one on one.  Just go back and watch the Celtics game.  They pass the ball around really well and try to get passes closer to the rim.   I've re-watched the game twice and it just seems the Hawks end up going one on one instead of looking for the open guy.  Then there is the defense...............actually there is none, Hawks players are always BEHIND the opponent's player.  

Glad I'm not the only one who sees this.  As good as the offensive numbers look, they could look even better and translate to actually winning if they consistently stayed with the offense rather than resorting to extended periods of iso ball.

• Like 3