• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, JTB said:

it also shows they have no vision.

Wait. I need to savor this.... hehe...

So until now, you thought that trading a starter for no on-court talent in return was arguably a move that showed vision.

And and. Then, when that very same thing happened a year later, that too was arguably a move that showed vision.

But now? Now if they trade X for actual on-court talent... now you conclude that they have no vision?

Pardon the observation and I'm not picking on you so much as I'm picking on a sentiment I suspect several Squawkers maintain, JTB... but they do have a vision alright.

It's just not the vision we all associate with True to Atlanta.

It's rather the vision Jay the Skeptic kept suggesting [] all that time, and as it turns out was unfortunately so right to be a skeptic. It's rather the vision we associate with the 10 years of middling playoffs futility led by Knight, Sund, Ferry and Budenholzer in the office and Woodson, Drew and Bud on the court.

As long as the team can seem competitive, and as long as we manage that payroll.... happy owner, happy life... that's the vision. The hamster wheel? Well, from our perspective, sure.... but it's more a cash cow from the other perspective. Ka-ching.

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's not so much losing them - its the return.

Well the return from Huerter and JC didn’t net us much. Bogi brings Caruso is a lateral move but the 2 firsts, maybe swing those with Hunter, Capela, AJ (ya I said it) whatever it takes to get another fit here, maybe a big like Val.

Or your boy Zubac!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

The whisper is bogi and two first for Caruso and pat Williams 

Back when I cared, PWill was on my short list.

Doesn't matter now. Their vision is not my vision. But I'll give 'em this... at least they made it obvious enough that literally hours of my week have now been freed up to invest in other stuff, and I do appreciate that. Can't really even call it a fraud... just that obvious.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Diesel said:

One of the insiders has spoken.

I thought we'd at least have to wait until Dec. 15th. 

But at your word...

I'll put it out there..

I wouldn't mind if they spent the TCE on Gallo. 

But maybe they feel like Vuc could help...  I'm not mad. 

Not really a insider per say but I don't think Coach Snyder is happy.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

WRONG..

We need defense. We WILL HAVE TO SACRIFICE OFFENSE FOR DEFENSE. WE SUCK AT DEFENSE.. like ROYALLY SUCKKKKKK

Like barely crawling the play-in suck.. you want to score points? great... well too bad, the other team scored 20 points more type of play-in suck

Caruso is the best perimeter defender on the market, maybe one of the best perimeter defenders in the league right now and you all are complaining about a trade rumor that brings him to our team, one of the worst perimeter defense teams in the last 5 years.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Wait. I need to savor this.... hehe...

So until now, you thought that trading a starter for no on-court talent in return was arguably a move that showed vision.

And and. Then, when that very same thing happened a year later, that too was arguably a move that showed vision.

But now? Now if they trade X for actual on-court talent... now you conclude that they have no vision?

Pardon the observation and I'm not picking on you so much as I'm picking on a sentiment I suspect several Squawkers maintain, JTB... but they do have a vision alright.

It's just not the vision we all associate with True to Atlanta.

It's rather the vision Jay the Skeptic kept suggesting in her normal passive aggressive way all that time, and as it turns out was unfortunately so right to be a skeptic. It's rather the vision we associate with the 10 years of middling playoffs futility led by Knight, Sund, Ferry and Budenholzer in the office and Woodson, Drew and Bud on the court.

As long as the team can seem competitive, and as long as we manage that payroll.... happy owner, happy life... that's the vision. The hamster wheel? Well, from our perspective, sure.... but it's more a cash cow from the other perspective. Ka-ching.

You two are or seem to be missing the point. It’s not about Caruso being here, hell I would welcome him here also but Bogi + two first rd picks to bring in Caruso is as idiotic as it gets.

If they do a deal like that there is clearly something wrong with our front office. Caruso should not be demanding two first rd picks to go along with a potential 6th man candidate in Bogi.

If we were talking (and I know it’s a rumor)…but if we are talking Bogi + a second pick for Caruso + Pat Williams then I’d say ok that’s a fair trade. Besides pat Williams is second rd talent at best right now.

but by no means can anyone convince me that Caruso defense is so good and so impacting that it would cost us Bogi and two first rd picks to get!…no way in hell….Caruso is a good defender but he is not game changing like that.

it’s not about losing offense to gain defense …it’s about trading away too much value in à desperation move to fix the defense where it’s no guarantee we’d be significantly better.

you both watch these games…we actually get stops but we can’t rebound for shit. Is Caruso going to help us get stops and we still allow a crazy amount of offensive boards ???

Make it make sense. The real truth is we need another big who will attack the boards cause we only truly have 1 and the one good rebounder we have has other major flaws in his game.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Since when did you become an insider?

when-did-this-happen-bobby-canavale.gif.e5276d842a635f8e635b50d6cc283fc2.gif

Never said I was a insider lol.  I've been around awhile and hear tidbits on occasion.  

This is why I don't post much.   I'll refrain in the future.  

• Premium Member
Just now, Vol4ever said:

Never said I was a insider lol.  I've been around awhile and hear tidbits on occasion.  

This is why I don't post much.   I'll refrain in the future.  

I think many of us appreciate it when people put out what they hear.  Don’t stop posting due to someone asking questions please.  This provides fun banter even if we know many of these trades are not likely to happen (even when legit trade discussions).

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I don't understand why they would trade Bogi.  Has to be salary.  

I think its because of the guard rotation. Trae and Murray are starting and are going to get 35-40 mins each at PG/SG every night and Bogi gets remaining 25 ish mins. If we trade for another guard like Caurso. One of them has to go.