• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I don't understand why they would trade Bogi.  Has to be salary.  

Screenshot_20231127_215100_Samsung Internet.jpg

12 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Never said I was a insider lol.  I've been around awhile and hear tidbits on occasion.  

This is why I don't post much.   I'll refrain in the future.  

Oh no...you are in it now. Keep 'em coming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Sothron said:

The whisper is bogi and two first for Caruso and pat Williams 

Hawks also have a full roster so we'd have to move/waive a player to do a 2 for 1 deal.

This is more a Patty/Garrison. I can squint hard enough to maybe add the SAC 1st but  with additional protections (1-20) then it becomes 2nds type deal.

Screenshot_20231127_224833_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20231127_225008_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks also have a full roster so we'd have to move/waive a player to do a 2 for 1 deal.

This is more a Patty/Garrison. I can squint hard enough to maybe add the SAC 1st but  with additional protections (1-20) then it becomes 2nds type deal.

Screenshot_20231127_224833_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20231127_225008_Samsung Internet.jpg

The better stats is players defended.

also nobody really knows what a deal ends up.. I doubt FRPs really are in play here

• Premium Member

Well, let me say... Trade doesn't make much sense. 

Bogi is signed for longterm.  Bulls are cutting salary. 

I can see Caruso for Mills and 2 1st. with strong protections.  But not bogi. 

Before it's all said and done, I see Chicago trading out of DD, ZL, Vuc, and Caruso  for picks and short termers.   I can see them wanting to be totally free and in the Free agent game when Lonzo Ball's contract is up.   They gonna pull a Houston Rockets Rebuild.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JTB said:

If they do a deal like that there is clearly something wrong with our front office.

I'm clearly not getting through, but oh well. It's okay.

3 hours ago, JTB said:

you both watch these games

And by "both" you mean... ??? Because I don't. I'll acknowledge I look at the standings once every week or two. And maybe with about the same regularity, I'll decide to watch a highlight reel on YouTube of a recent game. Yes, I'll visit here on occasion, but notice if you will, all of the discussions I give any response are about something other than the team's status... ignorance is bliss.

• Thanks 1

Seems like there could be a bidding war for Caruso as he has a reputation as one of the best defenders in the league.  If there is truth to this rumor...

1. Is this the Sacramento 1st plus a future conditional heavily protected fake 1st?  

2. Quin might be saying Bogi is great but we can't reliably win outscoring other teams in barn burners?  It would signal that Quin has a lot of power with the FO and he probably does.   

3. We all know how reactionary Tony is.  He's never been a stay the course kind of guy.  

If we did this, our cupboard is completely bare for the next couple years.  The only trades we could make are minor tweaks or completely breaking up the core (trade a major piece).  As much as Caruso could change our entire perimeter defense it would be putting all the chips in.  Even if our pick is heavily protected, we still can't use it in any future trades.

Maybe too much thought going into a heard it through the grapevine type of rumor.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Diesel said:

I got your Caruso for 2 1st and Bogi... but this is what it looks like..

image.png

Awful.

Using 2 firsts like this is absurd. We'd have zero trade flexibility going forward. DDR is a FA and 34 years. Not good asset management.

• Like 1