• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, shakes said:

just answer me one question, can he shoot 40%+ from 3?

Question answered... assuming we're talking about the same "he"...

2023-12-04_14-36-18.png

Oh. And how about the #2 in that list, eh?

Few of us would have ever bet on either of those being the case, eh?

Never mind me. As you were.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Bridges shot 40% from 3 two years ago and is shooting 44% this year.  As a player, he has grown into someone whose numbers strongly resemble prime Tobias Harris.  His shooting and scoring numbers are significantly better than JC's YTD (.571% TS%) (SSS).  Bridges' .613% TS% is good but not quite JJ (.673%) good.

If Charlotte decides to unload him for whatever they can get because he won't be there after this season, he should come pretty cheap given the mountain of baggage he carries with him.

All that said, he seems to be a piece of garbage and from a GM perspective the chances of him going on an unplanned and extended vacation are very high.  I doubt most teams would touch him (including Atlanta).  He will be an UFA after this year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, shakes said:

follow up question, when he throws pool balls at his kids, how often does he hit them?   

I really hope you're a kid and not a grown a** man cause this is sad - Hawks won't go looking his way anyways if we believe Landrys Hawks DNA requirement.

Just get us some big guys pls Landry, would love to see Trae play with an elite big in his career.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

I know these aren't exciting names but other guys we are looking at are Jevon Carter and Dennis Smith Jr and Hawks legend Delon Wright. I know everyone including myself wants Caruso but I think he's going to cost too much.

Looking at the wrong guys.

The problem of this team mainly has to do with the inactivity of De'Andre Hunter. 

We have a 6-8 dude on this team who can play decent defense, but is not an impact defender.  He is a very poor rebound for his size.  He has average athleticism, which limits how active he is.  And overall, he's soft.

Everyone has asked for Trae to up his defensive intensity, and he's done just that.  But what about Dre?  We need exponential improvement from Dre, and we're just not getting it.

The fact that this guy is STILL our worst rotation player from an analytic standpoint, is crazy to me.

image.thumb.png.c7b10926f4a085df39314c80b1fffe41.png

Adding Jevon, Dennis, and Delon to this team, does not solve the issue we have with the frontline defense.  These are all backup PGs who won't see more than 18 minutes per game.  Our bench unit is actually OK, when Hunter is off the floor.  It's the starting unit WITH Hunter that is the problem.

I've said this for 4 years now, but I truly believe that Hunter would be more effective, if he played the 2.  He doesn't want to mix it up in the paint, so just play him at the 2.  That way, we can get a 3 in here that is active and can provide more defensive intangibles than Dre does.

It's not a coincidence that we made a significant playoff run basically WITHOUT Dre.

Don't trade for a backup PG.  Trade Dre for an energy SF.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Looking at the wrong guys.

The problem of this team mainly has to do with the inactivity of De'Andre Hunter. 

We have a 6-8 dude on this team who can play decent defense, but is not an impact defender.  He is a very poor rebound for his size.  He has average athleticism, which limits how active he is.  And overall, he's soft.

Everyone has asked for Trae to up his defensive intensity, and he's done just that.  But what about Dre?  We need exponential improvement from Dre, and we're just not getting it.

The fact that this guy is STILL our worst rotation player from an analytic standpoint, is crazy to me.

image.thumb.png.c7b10926f4a085df39314c80b1fffe41.png

Adding Jevon, Dennis, and Delon to this team, does not solve the issue we have with the frontline defense.  These are all backup PGs who won't see more than 18 minutes per game.  Our bench unit is actually OK, when Hunter is off the floor.  It's the starting unit WITH Hunter that is the problem.

I've said this for 4 years now, but I truly believe that Hunter would be more effective, if he played the 2.  He doesn't want to mix it up in the paint, so just play him at the 2.  That way, we can get a 3 in here that is active and can provide more defensive intangibles than Dre does.

It's not a coincidence that we made a significant playoff run basically WITHOUT Dre.

Don't trade for a backup PG.  Trade Dre for an energy SF.

No

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Adding Jevon, Dennis, and Delon to this team, does not solve the issue we have with the frontline defense.  These are all backup PGs who won't see more than 18 minutes per game

My main concern with a backup PG is will they see enough REAL minutes for what they do best to be really IMPACTFUL with Trae and DJ taking most of these minutes.

Our backup PG last year played 13.4 mpg. 

• Like 2

Our total # of games played this season shows that Patty Mills has played how minutes per game?

Play him - - Release him - - Transfer him to assistant coach - -  What should we do with him?

Back-up PG?  Really?  With our rookie PG out, injured, this must be him.  

:bb:

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My main concern with a backup PG is will they see enough REAL minutes for what they do best to be really IMPACTFUL with Trae and DJ taking most of these minutes.

Our backup PG last year played 13.4 mpg. 

We need a combo PG as a backup PG who can play both the 1 and 2.

18 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Our total # of games played this season shows that Patty Mills has played how minutes per game?

Play him - - Release him - - Transfer him to assistant coach - -  What should we do with him?

Back-up PG?  Really?  With our rookie PG out, injured, this must be him.  

:bb:

He's prime trade material. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

I know these aren't exciting names but other guys we are looking at are Jevon Carter and Dennis Smith Jr and Hawks legend Delon Wright. I know everyone including myself wants Caruso but I think he's going to cost too much.

There's an unwritten stat that I don't think you looked at when you started your Caruso campaign.  It's called Price to PT.   Caruso is a BU in Chicago but Chicago's whole organization is in ruins.   You can't bring him here to BU Trae and DJ because the Price to PT is way to high. 

Delon fits perfectly according to Price to PT.   Caruso is great but he's meant to be a starter or a highly used BU... He wouldn't really get that here. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

robert-downey-jr-praise-the-lord.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

There's an unwritten stat that I don't think you looked at when you started your Caruso campaign.  It's called Price to PT.   Caruso is a BU in Chicago but Chicago's whole organization is in ruins.   You can't bring him here to BU Trae and DJ because the Price to PT is way to high. 

Delon fits perfectly according to Price to PT.   Caruso is great but he's meant to be a starter or a highly used BU... He wouldn't really get that here. 

.... whispers in dies-o's ear ...

".... Jevon Carter....."

... the Outsiders

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't think he can successfully guard most 2 guards.  I think he'd be in foul trouble often.   He has good fundamentals... but that is not enough if you don't have speed.   Opposing 2 guards will be licking their chops for a chance to cross him up or to put him in the PNR.   Can you see him dying on the pick everytime??

Nah.. that would be a mistake. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Actually I think they might they gonna blow it up. Like the whole thing. LaVine Derozan Pat Williams, Caruso, Vuc, I think anyone can be had from the Bulls.

I think they are going to blow it up... but I think Carter is on the staying list.   He's cheap and he's good.   IMO, they are looking to free up a lot of cash to make moves when Ball comes off their books.  They probably are urging him to retire.   I can see them going for a great bounty of draft picks but they will still keep a competitive team.    This is just them getting rid of the "old" guard. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Chicago wont.  I think we can get Lavine easier than we can get Carter. 

Dude playing 15mpg, homes.  He can be had.  Only hurdle is of they wanna keep him as a roster body post blowup.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Actually I think they might they gonna blow it up. Like the whole thing. LaVine Derozan Pat Williams, Caruso, Vuc, I think anyone can be had from the Bulls.

School 'im, squd. 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wether Hunter is playing the 2, 3 or 4...he needs to play with more force and power.

So you saying he needs to make em feel him?  Your new name is Lloyd-ina Pierce? 

🤓

• Haha 2