• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Quin Snyder sucks

TheBigETrain

6 minutes ago, akay said:

For what its worth, Jazz fans on reddit said Quins systems are really complex and took jazz players a good amount of time to learn them if they ever even could.

Good thread

Currently the 4th ranked offensive in the NBA with growing pains? I'll take it. I'm more concerned about Quin creating a top 5/10 defense without a Gobert archetype. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, GameTime said:

Currently the 4th ranked offensive in the NBA with growing pains? I'll take it. I'm more concerned about Quin creating a top 5/10 defense without a Gobert archetype. 

Man, so much disrespect especially from @JayBirdHawk on Gobert name when I was shooting his praises to the sky. That said, a lot of Atlanta issues is 

Can't score an easy basket at all when needed. No post scorers and haven't had one in the entire Trae era. Jabari Parker was the best we had and once he got hurt again. He faded to black

Too small in the backcourt

Extremely limited depth after 8th man. This can be blamed on FO and their unwillingness to pay the LT.

The center position has gotten much better around the league and we are suffering for it. Big time. Same for the shooting guard position as well. 

The good with this team

Spacing back and Trae fans can be happy as his stats are back good again 

OO being moved to the 4 is good for the goose. As the center position gotten better, PF hasn't improved as much. He needed to make the move for his career growth. PF is much harder and ask a lot out of players. He doesn't want to make the adjustment but it's best he does.

We are getting the results we deserve and I am fine with that. Fool's gold Coach Bud results just always got on my nerves. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 8:49 AM, macdaddy said:

Translation: a lot of these young guys haven't never been forced to play the right way.  

Still seems like JC would have been good under Quin.  I know i know.  Contract. 

Yeah, you definitely got it, contract. Should have been a MLE max guy. Never understood why pay anyone with his prototype more than the MLE. Easily Travis worse contract decision. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Were you singing his praises last season .....oh wait. Nope. 

Still Goberated at $40 mil and what we'dneed to give up in trade......and IIRC, OO would be the young C Ainge coveted, so he wouldn't be playing PF here.

You seemed quite thrilled with the roster though based on your W/L predictions below. What's changed.

We have traded players with some level of NBA talent for nothing to save money and we are still sitting on it. That's the issue more so than anything.

Additionally, the Hawks went into the season relying on the trio of youngsters (OO, JJ, AJ) to improve and really contribute. OO hasn't quite taken the leap wether at PF or C, JJ is injured and AJ is MIA. 

We are having to start Bey and Garrison. :blanky:

Worth noting we are having to start Bey at PF, when he had mainly been a SG in Detroit. 

Just a reminder this is the offer we were competing against in the 2022 off season for Gobert. 🤢

Jazz received:

•Malik Beasley
• Patrick Beverley
• Leandro Bolmaro
• Walker Kessler (No. 22 pick in 2022 Draft)
• Jarred Vanderbilt
• 2023 first-round pick
• 2025 first-round pick
• 2026 pick swap
• 2027 first-round pick
• 2029 first-round pick

Edited by yungsta

58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Were you singing his praises last season .....oh wait. Nope. 

Still Goberated at $40 mil and what we'dneed to give up in trade......and IIRC, OO would be the young C Ainge coveted, so he wouldn't be playing PF here.

You seemed quite thrilled with the roster though based on your W/L predictions below. What's changed.

We have traded players with some level of NBA talent for nothing to save money and we are still sitting on it. That's the issue more so than anything.

Additionally, the Hawks went into the season relying on the trio of youngsters (OO, JJ, AJ) to improve and really contribute. OO hasn't quite taken the leap wether at PF or C, JJ is injured and AJ is MIA. 

We are having to start Bey and Garrison. :blanky:

Gobert had a back injury last year. He wasn't at his normal level. 

Gobert is exactly what we need. He also is miles better at scoring an easy basket over anyone on this roster right now. 

I am always extremely optimistic in the preseason. Always, that's not new. That's every year. I always look at the sunny side up and always said that. 

Bey should be better than what he is but there is a reason DET bailed on him and he was their only shooter. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Bey should be better than what he is but there is a reason DET bailed on him and he was their only shooter. 

Should he be though?

Love his aggressiveness and hustle, but I think he works better in a limited offense role. He has tunnel vision once he gets the ball, runs hot and cold shooting from distance, and his defense is really bad.

I said before the weakness of our frontcourt is their inability for any of them to reliably run an offensive set for themselves or create for others........Until JJ.

I told y’all Mark Jackson. :huh: He would have us sitting at 27-2 with AJ a top 14 scorer in the league. 

:batman:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, ABH said:

Hawks never seem to play team ball...when it come down to it..peroid..hero ball

Gotta Call BS right there. 

Last night.   Trae was about 6 points away from 30/10 record.   Trae was passing the ball in the offensive set.   He seemingly didn't care to go after the record.   Multiple occassions, he'd swing it to Bogi or Bey trying to get something to go.     That's antiHero ball. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I told y’all Mark Jackson. :huh: He would have us sitting at 27-2 with AJ a top 14 scorer in the league. 

:batman:

AJ would love the in-lockerroom church service

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Our shot diet went from almost dead last in the NBA to the 4th best in the NBA this season. Trae is playing the best defense of his life under Quin. It isn't the coach's fault the owner is a POS cheap ass that won't pay for a real NBA roster. 

Didn't spend the MLE

Haven't used our massive trade exception via Collins trade

Traded Collins for nothing

Traded Heurter for nothing.

All to avoid the tax.  We have no depth because of this so anytime someone is hurt, whether it's JJ, Hunter, CC, OO, or Trae the team is playing scrubs like the Mathews twins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

How much more time to we give Quin? We have gone backwards since Nate was fired.

More than half of a season seems fair.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Our shot diet went from almost dead last in the NBA to the 4th best in the NBA this season. Trae is playing the best defense of his life under Quin. It isn't the coach's fault the owner is a POS cheap ass that won't pay for a real NBA roster. 

I'm not sure how you really feel on this one, saff.  Can you expound?

🫠

#the(cl)ownershiplives!

• Haha 4