• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Quin Snyder sucks

TheBigETrain

He has had enough time to implement his system and the team is horribly underachieving.

Atlanta have the talent to be a 4-5 seed in East and the team is trending to not even make the play-in.

I'm not convinced he is the right coach for a rebuild given how horribly he has mismanaged AJ Griffin from day 1.

The only good thing he has done is Jalen Johnson has taken off this season. But maybe that would of happen anyway regardless who was coach given the departure of John Collins.

One thing I actually hate is the short bench he runs. He is too stubborn to change it up personnel wise.

I dont understand how an NBA champion like Patty Mills that brings leadership and energy has only played twice this season.

Maybe the roster is not quite right. Hunter is wildly inconsistent. I feel Oneyka hasnt improved much since he entered the league. I thought he had better upside than what he is showing and would be replacing Capela in the starting lineup. I just dont see Snyder unlocking the talent on the team.

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, TheBigETrain said:

He has had enough time to implement his system and the team is horribly underachieving.

Atlanta have the talent to be a 4-5 seed in East and the team is trending to not even make the play-in.

I'm not convinced he is the right coach for a rebuild given how horribly he has mismanaged AJ Griffin from day 1.

The only good thing he has done is Jalen Johnson has taken off this season. But maybe that would of happen anyway regardless who was coach given the departure of John Collins.

One thing I actually hate is the short bench he runs. He is too stubborn to change it up personnel wise.

I dont understand how an NBA champion like Patty Mills that brings leadership and energy has only played twice this season.

Maybe the roster is not quite right. Hunter is wildly inconsistent. I feel Oneyka hasnt improved much since he entered the league. I thought he had better upside than what he is showing and would be replacing Capela in the starting lineup. I just dont see Snyder unlocking the talent on the team.

Our current roster + John Collins + Aaron Holliday was 50% last year. OO has taken a step back, AJ has taken a HUGE step back. Quin is a fantastic head coach, but he isn't Moses for crying out loud. What do you expect him to do with this roster?

How many wins do you think playing over the hill Patty Mills and Bruno nets us over our current record?

• Like 2

Two simple, clear indicators of mediocre coaching is rarely pressing the inbounds pass/ backcourt dribble and rarely running baseline cuts.  Too much of the floor is underutilized.

Pressing is the best way to shorten the opponents’ shot clock and disrupt the rhythm of their primary handlers.  Cut scores are the quickest way to cause schematic, communication, and personnel issues for opponents.  A coach who doesn’t care about these simply isn’t thorough.

In both cases DeJounte should be the leader.  Unfortunately he has little energy off ball and doesn’t even get up into guys at the POA.  

• Like 3

Wait!  Front office, coaches and players must all be on the same page.  In making a team, like in a picture puzzle, all pieces must fit exactly.  All three haven't been together long enough.  Quin and his coaches have just started.  Sure, he was here last season but was without his coaching staff.

:bb:

• Moderators
12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:
Their record is 9-13. They’re currently sitting in 10th in the Eastern Conference, a relative play-in position. It’s Hawks’ Groundhog Day. “Growth isn’t linear,” Snyder told The Athletic later when asked if he expected such struggles early in his first full season. “We want to just keep improving. There are times when you don’t feel that and you have to dig even more. We’re going through some things right now, and some of them we can’t control. We’re playing a different style. We’re finding out who we are defensively, and it’s a series of adaptations. I anticipated (this), particularly with a group that is doing things differently than it has before.”

Translation: a lot of these young guys haven't never been forced to play the right way.  

Still seems like JC would have been good under Quin.  I know i know.  Contract. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Translation: a lot of these young guys haven't never been forced to play the right way.  

Still seems like JC would have been good under Quin.  I know i know.  Contract. 

Yeah, the mentality of most fans here is "either/or"  when it can be "both/and".

What do you mean Diesel?

People here think it had to be either JC or JJ.   It should have been JC and JJ.  JC has rebounded from his injuries and he is still providing more than Siakam would provide for this team right now.   His three point shooting, his rebounding, and his defense would have been a welcome addition.  Moreover, JJ could have played some PF and some Sf.    The way I see it is that we placed all our Chips on DHunter and pushed them onto the table.  Our gamble is that Hunter will become a better rebounder, a better passer, and a better scorer.   His scoring hasn't been bad.  I have seen him try to rebound.  There was no effort last year. 

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It’s Hawks’ Groundhog Day.

One man's groundhog is another man's

f2202f7a1bf503e1f2debd4185b265b6--hamste

The Ressler apologist perspective apparently still wins the Groundhog Day, though. Everyone talking about everything except the most basic ingredient in the sour, bitter tasting cake.

• Like 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, sturt said:

One man's groundhog is another man's

f2202f7a1bf503e1f2debd4185b265b6--hamste

The Ressler apologist perspective apparently still wins the Groundhog Day, though. Everyone talking about everything except the most basic ingredient in the sour, bitter tasting cake.

For a second I saw those as blades instead of holes in the plastic and thought you were sharing a monstrous image, sturt!  

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, TheBigETrain said:

Your're overestimating our "talent"...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 8:24 PM, benhillboy said:

Two simple, clear indicators of mediocre coaching is rarely pressing the inbounds pass/ backcourt dribble and rarely running baseline cuts.  Too much of the floor is underutilized.

Pressing is the best way to shorten the opponents’ shot clock and disrupt the rhythm of their primary handlers.  Cut scores are the quickest way to cause schematic, communication, and personnel issues for opponents.  A coach who doesn’t care about these simply isn’t thorough.

In both cases DeJounte should be the leader.  Unfortunately he has little energy off ball and doesn’t even get up into guys at the POA.  

TBF, probably avoiding baseline cuts seeing how often Bey steps out of bounds. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

For what its worth, Jazz fans on reddit said Quins systems are really complex and took jazz players a good amount of time to learn them if they ever even could.

Good thread

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2