• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I’m no Dre fan but he need to get his ass back asap.  The cumulative effect of his third option scoring being absent is killing right now as shown in the Hawks’ league-worst offensive efficiency the last 10 games.  Let alone he’s the only rotational guard/ wing who can actually read the perimeter on defense.

When I said what I said about Dre, fools tried to argue with me when I forgot more about the the game than they will ever know. 

73 points given up to Luka! He's not even in shape to that that type of work, that just tells me how bad our defense was

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

At some point, ya'll just gotta except I am generally always right. Even when I am wrong, I am likely right around the corner. 

Back to the game, Come on man, 73 to Luka. It's like the kiss of death to the trade. 

But but big wings don't matter supes

Death lineup

Supes, Dre sucks, why do you like him so much, he's not good supes, look at the metrics supes

When you know the game like I know the game. You will understand why I say I don't use metrics for every player. Some guys, I tend to ban metrics, JC and Dre are two players where I don't like metrics for. There are more but those are two that we personally know. 

At the end of the day, the big wing is the most important prototype in the modern NBA. In the 2000s, it was the true center. You had to have one or you were going to get destroyed. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Quinn needs smart players to bolster him up like Conley, O’Neal, Ingles, Hayward, Mitchell.  He just doesn’t have it here.  I’d rate Bogi and Clint as intelligent players but they’re both elite BU level, Jalen has a nice feel.  

Not absolving him at all, he’s mediocre as it gets. This team’s fall off from last season is just a malaise of guys not wanting to play with each other anymore, spearheaded by Clint who desperately needs to go BU for an actual cohesive squad who needs some size and vet presence.

This team ain't built right. I am not sure what the true answer is because Trae technically is not a max player but is paid like one. Luka showed us what a max cat looks like. Just unstoppable. 

We got so many flaws man. I've said this before, I don't know who you truly fix it. There is no ceiling raiser on this squad. JJ is more of an open court player who's a tweener like Smoove. Capela is finally regressing a bit. This team isn't really going anywhere but the Murray trade makes it impossible to really make a big move that doesn't help us for the future. 

Murray defense in Atlanta is so up and down especially at the 2. 

This team just ain't it. Even with Dre, we are 500, that's nothing to brag about 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Every team that isn’t a bottom feeder has a player that’s too good for us.

Luka gonna Luka but I was impressed with Lively.  Like Dwight Powell, his screening and defense allows Luka to do whatever the hell he wants.  Arguably as important as Kyrie.

I wouldn’t build around Luka, he’s basically a big ass Trae.  The crazy usages they have (both on pace to be top 3 with Michael Jordan when they qualify) just isn’t conducive to high level team ball versus solid teams.  But his rebounding, ability to overhead pass, and super-efficient 2 point shooting makes him terribly superior obviously.  And he does have to drag that roster wherever they’re gonna go.

That boy is a tank around the paint. A place that used to be hard to score on against Atlanta with Clint manning the paint 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae technically is not a max player but is paid like one.

Your arm has to hurt with all that patting on the back you giving yourself??

Let's think about this statement.

image.png

Players who are paid a "Max Salary".  I have circled the ones that Trae is better than. 

Top 10 in Assists, Steals, and Points.     Tops in total Assists and Points for the last two years straight.  Plays for a team that has done NOTHING to build around him.   In other words.  Wrong again.

There are two types of max guys.  Guys who dominate the stats like Durant... 

and Guys who carry their teams to higher heights like Butler. 

Trae has done both...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This team ain't built right. I am not sure what the true answer is because Trae technically is not a max player but is paid like one. Luka showed us what a max cat looks like. Just unstoppable. 

We got so many flaws man. I've said this before, I don't know who you truly fix it. There is no ceiling raiser on this squad. JJ is more of an open court player who's a tweener like Smoove. Capela is finally regressing a bit. This team isn't really going anywhere but the Murray trade makes it impossible to really make a big move that doesn't help us for the future. 

Murray defense in Atlanta is so up and down especially at the 2. 

This team just ain't it. Even with Dre, we are 500, that's nothing to brag about 

You can't trade for Murray and then start trading off players to save money. 

This is what you get. 

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Your arm has to hurt with all that patting on the back you giving yourself??

Let's think about this statement.

image.png

Players who are paid a "Max Salary".  I have circled the ones that Trae is better than. 

Top 10 in Assists, Steals, and Points.     Tops in total Assists and Points for the last two years straight.  Plays for a team that has done NOTHING to build around him.   In other words.  Wrong again.

There are two types of max guys.  Guys who dominate the stats like Durant... 

and Guys who carry their teams to higher heights like Butler. 

Trae has done both...

You think this is a good post but it's a really bad one 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You can't trade for Murray and then start trading off players to save money. 

This is what you get. 

We bet on the wrong horse and left the tank way too soon. This should be year 1 of us trying to win. That's why we are in the position we are in

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You think this is a good post but it's a really bad one 

It is what it is.  It's not about what I think.  The fact of the matter is that Trae has dominated the game in many ways and for you to sit up and say he's not worthy of his salary... when he's doing everything he's doing with a terribly flawed team is like saying Barry Sanders wasn't shit. 

I just have to look at you and shake my head. 

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It is what it is.  It's not about what I think.  The fact of the matter is that Trae has dominated the game in many ways and for you to sit up and say he's not worthy of his salary... when he's doing everything he's doing with a terribly flawed team is like saying Barry Sanders wasn't shit. 

I just have to look at you and shake my head. 

It isn't though. It's just a bad post. Trae don't got any in between game. That's his problem. He's all bells and whistles but he got no real engineering to him. It's hard to win with a player like that. I always prefer Horford. He's got no bells and whistles but you know his engineering is elite. It's built to make everything else better. Horford is 3M. Trae is an OG fitbit. That shit can do everything but it can't last for shit.

Product development is lacking with Trae but man, I want that fitbit. Whereas, who really wants Ole reliable 3M products but they make life a lot easier. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When I said what I said about Dre, fools tried to argue with me when I forgot more about the the game than they will ever know. 

73 points given up to Luka! He's not even in shape to that that type of work, that just tells me how bad our defense was

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It isn't though. It's just a bad post. Trae don't got any in between game. That's his problem. He's all bells and whistles but he got no real engineering to him. It's hard to win with a player like that. I always prefer Horford. He's got no bells and whistles but you know his engineering is elite. It's built to make everything else better. Horford is 3M. Trae is an OG fitbit. That shit can do everything but it can't last for shit.

Product development is lacking with Trae but man, I want that fitbit. Whereas, who really wants Ole reliable 3M products but they make life a lot easier. 

THIS...

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You know another player thats coming down the pike thats JUST LIKE TRAE and went to Oklahoma, same as Trae before transferring to USC ?  Teammates can't stand HIM either and the Bears MIGHT be about to mess up and draft him.  All bells and whistles but selfish and all about himself.  He lost to Notre Dame so he steals the show and jumps up in his moma's arms on the sidelines...

Shocking Video Emerges Suggesting USC Players Never Liked Caleb Williams & They’re Happy He’s Gone

A new viral video suggests that USC Trojans players are happy that quarterback Caleb Williams, the consensus top prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft, is gone.

https://www.totalprosports.com/ncaa/video-usc-players-happy-caleb-williams-is-gone/

• Premium Member

Went to the game tonight, brought my buddy from Dallas who is a big Mavs fan.  Only real positive tonight was watching him getting to enjoy that historic scoring night from Luka. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

You know another player thats coming down the pike thats JUST LIKE TRAE and went to Oklahoma, same as Trae before transferring to USC ?  Teammates can't stand HIM either and the Bears MIGHT be about to mess up and draft him.  All bells and whistles but selfish and all about himself.  He lost to Notre Dame so he steals the show and jumps up in his moma's arms on the sidelines...

Shocking Video Emerges Suggesting USC Players Never Liked Caleb Williams & They’re Happy He’s Gone

A new viral video suggests that USC Trojans players are happy that quarterback Caleb Williams, the consensus top prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft, is gone.

https://www.totalprosports.com/ncaa/video-usc-players-happy-caleb-williams-is-gone/

Caleb and Trae isn't a bad comparison at all. Both are boom or bust. Just that Caleb is the most talented QB I've ever seen but his flaws are critical and like Trae, his personality ain't all that great. Both are short and people swear on them.

That said, Caleb could be the icing on the cake on a stacked squad but he could flop on a bad one. I wouldn't take him if I was Chicago. He don't have the personality

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Caleb and Trae isn't a bad comparison at all. Both are boom or bust. Just that Caleb is the most talented QB I've ever seen but his flaws are critical and like Trae, his personality ain't all that great. Both are short and people swear on them.

That said, Caleb could be the icing on the cake on a stacked squad but he could flop on a bad one. I wouldn't take him if I was Chicago. He don't have the personality

UUUMM, MOST TALENTED QB EVER? that would be Michael Vick...IF  WE TALKING ABOUT TALENT, JUST PURE TALENT... BIGGEST ARM IN FOOTBALL WITH 4.2 SPEED AND BARRY SANDERS MOVES...

116608574.jpg.0.jpg

6dftRU.gif

pTHUXy.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

UUUMM, MOST TALENTED QB EVER? that would be Michael Vick...IF  WE TALKING ABOUT TALENT, JUST PURE TALENT... BIGGEST ARM IN FOOTBALL WITH 4.2 SPEED AND BARRY SANDERS MOVES...

116608574.jpg.0.jpg

6dftRU.gif

pTHUXy.gif

Vick is the most physically gifted from a tools/athleticism stance

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

It is getting a little hard to read the game day threads because certain posters are so clearly enjoying the Hawks losing games. I don't want to give the mods extra work by going down that route but you know who you are. 

Blame Ressler for the mess we are in. Traded two starters in back to back offseasons just to save money. Refused to use a 25 million dollar TPE to bring in talent. Refused to use any of the MLE to bring in talent. 

This is the result of an owner too cheap to pay the LT. This team was built to work a certain way with normal NBA depth on the roster. We don't have that and as a result the team is losing games and is not a playoff team.

This is 100% on Tony Ressler. Messy Ressy indeed. Don't blame the FO or Quin or Trae or DJ or whoever else you want to blame. Blame the SEVENTH RICHEST OWNER in the NBA that won't pay money to even compete.

When Trae scores 30 points and the Hawks win and Trae fans throw a party on the board, non of his critics on this board start hollering about mods...

barrack-obama-no.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Haha 1