• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not sourced but its pretty eye opening that Quin was screaming at DJM who went rogue in the fourth quarter on both sides of the ball. Might have reached the sabotage point of the trade request. Things could move quickly

Trae been rogue his ENTIRE career and they wanna pick D.J. out?

rdlol.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not sourced but its pretty eye opening that Quin was screaming at DJM who went rogue in the fourth quarter on both sides of the ball. Might have reached the sabotage point of the trade request. Things could move quickly

Hell go ahead and do it now if youre gonna do it, before his stock plummets like the rest of our players(Dre Bey CC OO etc....)

Edited by terrell

This loss with a career night for Luka in Traes city likely is the last straw.

Trae is embarrassed I’m sure he’s just playing it off in public.

the team chemistry has to have hit a wall all around. This isn’t one of those it just 1 game sayings 

It looks like I did not miss anything too important.

The usual suspects complaining about Trae, no defense, trade rumors and request.  Another day in Hawksquawk......Yeah!

Class-of-3000-class-of-3000-32928667-102

**Oh by the way, if you are tired of seeing the Hawks getting beat all of the time and if you have GamePass, then try out Palworld (Pokemon with Guns), its awesome**

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, AHF said:

This feels like one of those where maybe we win if we have Dre and Luka only goes for 50 points or something.  The total lack of depth on the wing is hard to stomach with this team.  
Why would you single spool that spot knowing Dre’s injury history?  You had Bey and Matthews next in line as the primary wing defenders?  Really?

You would think with Kylie out it would be easy to tilt the entire defense to stop Luka.  Mavs as a team shot over 60% from the field. Evan bad defenders that play with effort could stop that from happening - the Hawks aren’t putting a team of rookies on the floor. 

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Me too....

This was the one watched with the special lady. She 👀 at me everytime Luka scored. She smirked I’m like WHATS SO FUNNY? 😡 

Wtf. At one point I wanted to  :Bob: 🤛 cuz he was talking records early on as far as scoring and he brought it to life. 

Third time he brought it up I’m like BOB STFU! STOP 🛑 TALKING JUST STOP

Look over at special lady.. 🤭 

Seriously wtf. Ugh 😑 

25 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Pokemon with Guns

wtf 😂 isn’t that like lil teletubbies with 🔫’s 😂 

• Premium Member

It is getting a little hard to read the game day threads because certain posters are so clearly enjoying the Hawks losing games. I don't want to give the mods extra work by going down that route but you know who you are. 

Blame Ressler for the mess we are in. Traded two starters in back to back offseasons just to save money. Refused to use a 25 million dollar TPE to bring in talent. Refused to use any of the MLE to bring in talent. 

This is the result of an owner too cheap to pay the LT. This team was built to work a certain way with normal NBA depth on the roster. We don't have that and as a result the team is losing games and is not a playoff team.

This is 100% on Tony Ressler. Messy Ressy indeed. Don't blame the FO or Quin or Trae or DJ or whoever else you want to blame. Blame the SEVENTH RICHEST OWNER in the NBA that won't pay money to even compete.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Garrison, get your feet off the damn Floor. 

True but why in the actual f*ck would they cal that?   He was about as far away from the play as one could get, based on the short clip they showed.   Even if he said some magic words, ref had to go out of his way to acknowledge it.  At a critical point in the game, what was the point? 

39 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm not not going to say that JJ got his ass busted for the second game in a row. 

Need to work on his sliding. 

JJ is my guy but man he's been spit-roasted 2 straight games.  I'm reminded folks want to jettison Trae and build around JJ.  Well they gotta see he's still got some growing to do.  So what would be their expectations with him as the #1? 

24 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It is getting a little hard to read the game day threads because certain posters are so clearly enjoying the Hawks losing games. I don't want to give the mods extra work by going down that route but you know who you are. 

Blame Ressler for the mess we are in. Traded two starters in back to back offseasons just to save money. Refused to use a 25 million dollar TPE to bring in talent. Refused to use any of the MLE to bring in talent. 

This is the result of an owner too cheap to pay the LT. This team was built to work a certain way with normal NBA depth on the roster. We don't have that and as a result the team is losing games and is not a playoff team.

This is 100% on Tony Ressler. Messy Ressy indeed. Don't blame the FO or Quin or Trae or DJ or whoever else you want to blame. Blame the SEVENTH RICHEST OWNER in the NBA that won't pay money to even compete.

At this point, I'm okay with this team losing. They need to try and get the number 1 pick. This roster isn't going anywhere. Might as well draft Cody Williams and go after KAT in the off season. 

I've never seen a team not give a f**k on defense the way this team does. It's really terrible scoring 140+ and consistently losing. 

• Sad 3

38 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

As far as I'm concerned, these losses are the result of trading decent players for nothing in return. While Huerter and Collins are individually not difference makers, they should've been traded with the intention of upgrading the roster. Not adding draft picks and shedding salary....

Ding! Ding! Ding!  We have a winner, folx!

We removed decent players and replaced them with non-rotation guys because they're cheaper.

And they dumped it all on Trae and told him, "you carry it all, we guud with making money off your jerseys."

And to all the folks thinking we shld trade murray for picks under the guise of flipping the picks for roster upgrades, learn from your own history.

THATS THE LIE THEY TOLD YOU WHEN THEY DUMPED HEURTER AND COLLINS!!!!!

Fool me once .... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Iverwig said:

Quinn is trash. How you wait until this point in the game to double Luka? 

Dont forget he had the brilliant idea to sit both Trae and Jalen at the same damn time.

10-4 Mavs in that stretch. Went from 85-81 to 95-85. +6. Greater than the margin of victory.

I was at the game tonight. Some of the worst defense I've ever seen on a NBA court. There were so many olay defensive plays in this game. Very embarrassing and shame on Quinn for not having a defensive gamelan for Luka. With Kyrie out he should have been doubled the entire game. I told my brother surely in the second half we will make a defensive adjustment, nope just let a man drop 73 on our dome. Crazy! This team has no marbles to borrow from major league. Where is the toughness and fight? Dejounte Murray talking about never let anyone punk you LMAO. Luka punked us, took our lunch money, gave us a wedgie then waved as he walked off the court. This team lacks toughness mentally and physically :(. Also get AJ and Bufkin on the court pronto. At least they will give effort defensively. 

PXL_20240126_234712149.MP.jpg

PXL_20240127_023242030.MP.jpg

PXL_20240127_011843550.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1