• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

When Trae scores 30 points and the Hawks win and Trae fans throw a party on the board, non of his critics on this board start hollering about mods...

barrack-obama-no.gif

What nonsense is this? You want the mods to come down on actual fans being happy the Hawks win and Trae having a good game? Ok, guy.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

What nonsense is this? You want the mods to come down on actual fans being happy the Hawks win and Trae having a good game? Ok, guy.

You know good and well I didn't say that. In fact I said no one is hollering about mods except YOU...

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

You know good and well I didn't say that. In fact I said no one is hollering about mods except YOU...

I wasn't hollering about mods. I said I wasn't going to give them extra work to do by going after these fake ass fans that only show up on this board after a loss. Can't stand 'em. I don't want the mods to have to come in here and play peacekeeper over it. That's what I was saying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

disgusting 

Hawks don’t apply any pressure on passers and are totally disconnected from a communication standpoint.  A gang of cut baskets, coast to coast layups, open threes, and dribble drive layups will usually result.  That’s literally everything the opposing offense wants smh.

I’ve never watched a defense this bad on a nightly basis but it is almost fascinating.   I didn’t watch the Lon Kruger era but I imagine this is what it was like.  Sh*t is disheartening, especially when Trae is finally giving real effort on that end.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

So what would be their expectations with him as the #1? 

Umm 🧐 yo look I love JJ and all he’s done thus far but.. what are we gonna do? Umm no. No. We can’t afford to do that. 

• Sad 1

We have to make moves.. I don’t know which way we are going but we aren’t very solid at all. 

OO was really annoying me last night. I yelled COMON MAN YOU IN YEAR 4 NOW NO EXCUSES LETS GOOOOOO!!!

When Luka kept yelling to the crowd like YAAAAAAAAAAAAA AND HOOTIN AND HOLLERING my special lady said..

Hey that’s what you do? 

Me: 🤨.. ya ok true ..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Luka is starting to remind me of Melo. Individual accolades. Not much team success, ever really.

If that is true of Luka it is true of Trae as well. 

Both have had one run to the conference championship and not a lot else. Both need some more playoff success to validate their stats in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Packfill said:

If that is true of Luka it is true of Trae as well. 

Both have had one run to the conference championship and not a lot else. Both need some more playoff success to validate their stats in my opinion. 

I hear ya.

Thing is, Luka is on an undeniable Hall of Fame track. Trae? It’s debatable.

43 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

We have a TPE.  Why not use it before it expires? They dont want to spend a dime is the answer.  

Sad/true.  This (cl)ownership is more heinous than the last because, this time, they fooled us into thinking they had a clue. 

3 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

I hear ya.

Thing is, Luka is on an undeniable Hall of Fame track. Trae? It’s debatable.

I'd challenge you to study what the basketball hall of fame is.  They're both on a HOF track and that's undeniable. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Hawks don’t apply any pressure on passers and are totally disconnected from a communication standpoint.  A gang of cut baskets, coast to coast layups, open threes, and dribble drive layups will usually result.  That’s literally everything the opposing offense wants smh.

I’ve never watched a defense this bad on a nightly basis but it is almost fascinating.   I didn’t watch the Lon Kruger era but I imagine this is what it was like.  Sh*t is disheartening, especially when Trae is finally giving real effort on that end.

Yes, the failings on defense is atrocious.  I was here during the Lon Kruger days... and they were bad but at least they stopped the ball.   We make no effort to stop the ball.  We don't box out.   We don't pressure the passer.  We rarely run players off of the 3pt line.

I heard Jeff Van Gundy (who should be our coach) talking about this generation of players.. and he said.. it seems like they don't practice as a team enough.   He said, sure they work on their individual things but the failings he see on defense speaks to teams not practicing as a team on defense because when you adopt that habit of practice, your defense gets better.

We watch from game to game and we make many of the same mistakes. 

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I wasn't hollering about mods. I said I wasn't going to give them extra work to do by going after these fake ass fans that only show up on this board after a loss. Can't stand 'em. I don't want the mods to have to come in here and play peacekeeper over it. That's what I was saying.

Heh, I been telling folks about these fake fans for a couple years now.  Glad others are starting to see it.  Not sure why they won't just go be mav fans.  It's ok, no one is keeping them here.

I only ask that they give me their psswrd so I can use the vacated account as a(nother) burner.  Everybody wins?  😎

• Haha 2