• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bey has a torn ACL, Damn man!

NBASupes

Mo Gueye is on limited minutes but available.  This is better than an empty hole in the list of available players.  

Free agents available?  G League players not controlled by a parent NBA team?  Hawks are in need of warm, healthy bodies!

:ahf:  Any ideas??

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It might be in Bey's interest to take the QO if the Hawks extend it and hope for a better FA next offseason. 

He'll most likely be out for most of next season since this is usually a 9-12 month recovery. So if we assume he's back playing with a month left in next season, it doesn't leave much time to showcase for next offseason's UFAcy.

I do agree he'll most likely take his ~$6 mil QO. If he does, he'll have an implied NTC - so he'd have to agree to a trade.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What do you see as a 'reasonable deal?' 

I would love to lock him in on a multi-year deal at $10M per or less.  ACL tear means he won't play next season, or at least most of it, so I feel like that's a fair compromise.  I really think Bey is the perfect bench player in Snyder's system, so I would like to see us try to keep him on a bench deal like that.  His poor defense shouldn't be exploited as much by second units, and his energy off the bench is nice, and his one-dimensional play can still work in limited bench minutes (especially if he gets hot shooting)

• Premium Member

It feels like we are reaping bad karma for being very conservative shutting Trae down for his finger and then OO for his toe.  We immediately then got hit by a flurry of discrete injuries with Kobe, JJ and now Saddiq.  

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It feels like we are reaping bad karma for being very conservative shutting Trae down for his finger and then OO for his toe.  We immediately then got hit by a flurry of discrete injuries with Kobe, JJ and now Saddiq.  

Bad Karma? Are they shut down though?

Trae had finger surgery Feb 27th, he is scheduled to be reevaluated in 4 weeks. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post surgery. Are you questioning if he needed the surgery?

OO was in a boot, you think that was for show? I think its the same toe he had surgery on coming into the draft. He's now out of the boot, reevaluated next week I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

We have a full roster. We can’t sign anybody to a 10 day unless we cut somebody (which is pointless since so many people are injured). Here is the full list of people that are injured:

Saddiq Bey: Torn MCL 

Trae Young: Torn fifth finger ligament repair

Jalen Johnson: ankle sprain (probably will be back soon)

Onyeka Okongwu: sesamoiditis

Kobe Bufkin: Toe Sprain

Seth Lundy: Back Injury 

AJ Griffin: Knee injury

Mohammad Gueye: Back Injury management and is on a heavy minutes restriction

This is not including De’Andre Hunter who is technically on a minutes restriction for his knee but it may gone because he played 36 minutes. That’s basically half the roster injured right now with several players facing injuries that may last weeks. We may have seen the last of Bufkin, Onyeka, Trae, and definitely Bey. It’s crazy how this season has gone in the end with all these injuries. We can’t anybody because we need all the bodies we can get right now we just have to deal with what we have.  I wouldn’t even bother bringing Gueye up because he’s on such a limited restriction and has barely played any basketball this year. Why would I want him to play against the clippers and lakers during this road trip? 

Shout out to Bey for taking those two free throws and walking out the game on his free will like that. That is one tough dude. 

Just realizing that this is literally EVERY YOUNG PLAYER ON THE TEAM. This is a list of players 25 years old or less. This is utterly ridiculous. Can’t believe this is happening to the hawks. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What do you see as a 'reasonable deal?' 

3 year 30 Million with a PO after year 2. 

It's very fair.   Allows him to go out and test the market after 1.5 good years of play with us on a cheapie deal. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bad Karma? Are they shut down though?

Trae had finger surgery Feb 27th, he is scheduled to be reevaluated in 4 weeks. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post surgery. Are you questioning if he needed the surgery?

OO was in a boot, you think that was for show? I think its the same toe he had surgery on coming into the draft. He's now out of the boot, reevaluated next week I think.

These are the types of nagging injuries you can play through until the offseason if you're a serious contender.  I'm not questioning the injuries -- just the urgency at which they needed to be addressed.  I agree with the decision to address them immediately and hopefully get a decent draft pick.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

These are the types of nagging injuries you can play through until the offseason if you're a serious contender.  I'm not questioning the injuries -- just the urgency at which they needed to be addressed.  I agree with the decision to address them immediately and hopefully get a decent draft pick.

Not a serious contender, just bareIy in the playin.

Saw what JC's injured finger looked like and what it did to his shooting. Imagine if Trae struggled even more.

Big men and foot/toe injuries should always rest.

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Diesel said:

3 year 30 Million with a PO after year 2. 

It's very fair.   Allows him to go out and test the market after 1.5 good years of play with us on a cheapie deal. 

No player option.  Odds of next year being a lost season for him are very high which means that could be a $20M deal for one season plus losing a roster spot for next year.  $30M is fair for two seasons (which is alll the productive time I think you can reasonably project),