AJ

Gueye

Kobe

etc...

We've got to be eligible right?

Trae - yes

OO - to be evaluated next week, so maybe

Kobe - yes

JJ - missed the last 2, day to day, so probably won't miss another 2 weeks. 

AJ - missed the last 2 GL games, but not much info regarding his return.

Gueye - no NBA games, minutes restriction in GL.

• Premium Member

Tough man... absolutely hate it for Saddiq -- I still hope we extend him on a reasonable deal.  The guy is such a hard worker and puts in serious effort every single second he's on the court.  He's always been a strong bench piece to me and this injury will not change that.

And as a side note, this is not the thread for more Ressler bashing, a guy gets injured and we start going in on Ressler?  Come on... yalls agenda against Ressler is like a virus infecting and derailing every single thread.  

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Tough man... absolutely hate it for Saddiq -- I still hope we extend him on a reasonable deal.  The guy is such a hard worker and puts in serious effort every single second he's on the court.  He's always been a strong bench piece to me and this injury will not change that.

And as a side note, this is not the thread for more Ressler bashing, a guy gets injured and we start going in on Ressler?  Come on... yalls agenda against Ressler is like a virus infecting and derailing every single thread.  

The big complaint against Ressler is that he didn't give us depth this season and every injury has had dramatic effects on the team.  Not illogical for lack of depth to come up when we've just lost someone for the rest of the season.  I'll say that it doesn't really matter at this point.  We are too far into the season and have too many major injuries for me to care about our lack of depth the way I did when Hunter and JJ were out.  But in fairness that lack of quality depth is one reason I'm fully ready to tank the rest of the way after this injury.  I just don't see a path forward to make this season meaningful anymore.  

Maybe I'm just sad for Bey and the team that this season appears to be wrapped up (in a bad way) with this.  I'm hoping for no more major injuries and don't want to see us forced to rush JJ back or to play Hunter extended minutes when he is still recovering, etc.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

The big complaint against Ressler is that he didn't give us depth this season and every injury has had dramatic effects on the team.  Not illogical for lack of depth to come up when we've just lost someone for the rest of the season.  I'll say that it doesn't really matter at this point.  We are too far into the season and have too many major injuries for me to care about our lack of depth the way I did when Hunter and JJ were out.  But in fairness that lack of quality depth is one reason I'm fully ready to tank the rest of the way after this injury.  I just don't see a path forward to make this season meaningful anymore.  

Maybe I'm just sad for Bey and the team that this season appears to be wrapped up (in a bad way) with this.  I'm hoping for no more major injuries and don't want to see us forced to rush JJ back or to play Hunter extended minutes when he is still recovering, etc.

Yes, we're all aware of the big complaints -- they're posted in every thread.  But yes, they are illogical in this case.  No amount of spending is going to overcome 3 key rotation guys being out (Trae/JJ/OO), 2 of which are your 2 best players.  It's so tiresome -- just create a mega thread where everyone can type the same complaints and memes over and over.  And yes, it's still amazing to me you guys are still under the impression this roster is a Shake Milton away from doing something meaningful, injuries or not.  

The irony in all of this complaining about spending in our current situation is that a bunch of guys being out is probably a favorable outcome for us at this point, given the teams performance and this being our last draft pick.  It's horrible that Bey has a more major injury, though, and I truly feel for him.

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

Wow, so I guess we be in need of a small forward. Tough for Saddiq, he was really shooting the ball excellent lately. 

Guessing this secures a lot more playing time for Vit/Forrest.  Would love to see AJ/Gueye get into the rotation before the end of the season.

• Like 3

I don’t get it. Seems like we have more injuries with load management in today’s game than when players played more back in the day. What gives? Nutrition and training have gotten like 1000x better. I mean.. I dunno 🤷‍♀️ 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, AHF said:

We just need to lean into our injuries, pack it up for the year, and move on to next season.  Pull a San Antonio and lose every game we can the rest of the way while giving our young guys some minutes with structured developmental assignments when they are on the floor.  Too many serious injuries for this team to recover.

Feel so bad for Bey.  This crushes his free agency.  He was already a bit of a red flag player with his shooting and defense this season but this just obliterates the possibility that someone would buy in on him.  He will still get a new contract and land a job but it won't be the $20M per kind of dream he had and probably won't be anywhere close.

I'd actually agree here, but hell, even the young guys we want to develop are out.  

• Bufkin OUT
  • Griffin OUT
  • Johnson OUT
  • Lundy OUT

I mean, we are looking at a team of:

• PG - Murray, Forrest
  • SG - Bogi, G. Matthews, Windler
  • SF - W. Matthews, Windler
  • PF - Hunter
  • C - Capela, Bruno

Would they really bring Gueye up when he's on a minutes restriction at College Park?

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t get it. Seems like we have more injuries with load management in today’s game than when players played more back in the day. What gives? Nutrition and training have gotten like 1000x better. I mean.. I dunno 🤷‍♀️ 

More lateral movement is a contributing factor. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Dang. Tough blow for Bey. 😞 Get back soon young man. Damn injuries really stink. He been grinding all year.

His versatility and 'all out' effort will be missed. His effort was the reason I didn't give him too much flack for his poor shooting. He went 100% every minute he was on the court. This may be the last straw for this season. I'm still not sure if it's time to officially pull the plug on the season, but I wouldn't be too upset if they did at this point.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hawkman said:

His versatility and 'all out' effort will be missed. His effort was the reason I didn't give him too much flack for his poor shooting. He went 100% every minute he was on the court. This may be the last straw for this season. I'm still not sure if it's time to officially pull the plug on the season, but I wouldn't be too upset if they did at this point.

How do you pull the plug exactly? Should players give hard hearted effort on the court? That's not a good look. The league frowns on not playing healthy starters. 

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'd actually agree here, but hell, even the young guys we want to develop are out.  

• Bufkin OUT
  • Griffin OUT
  • Johnson OUT
  • Lundy OUT

I mean, we are looking at a team of:

• PG - Murray, Forrest
  • SG - Bogi, G. Matthews, Windler
  • SF - W. Matthews, Windler
  • PF - Hunter
  • C - Capela, Bruno

Would they really bring Gueye up when he's on a minutes restriction at College Park?

All the more reason not to put people's health at risk to try to maximize our "playoff" position, but I'd just say work with what you have emphasizing developmental assignments for anyone who has a future with the team.  I can see them trying to work on some things with Hunter in particular.  I've seen enough from Bruno that I don't mind him as a third big.  Give him some bigger things to lift and see how he does.  When Kobe, JJ, AJ, etc. come back give them specific things to work on ala spring training for pitchers (i.e., **** the results, work on the skills and the process).  

Like you say, what we can do is limited but let's do what we can and give ourselves the best lottery odds so the pick is more valuable as a trade piece if we end up going down that road.  Maybe we get lucky.  Has to happen someday right?  (right?)

• Thanks 2

Yea this season is done, time to experiment with lineups and once younger guys get healthy play them to see how they stack up.

What a waste of a year, injuries killed us and we got in a hole even before the injuries started piling up

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Can we just shut everyone down and let the Skyhawks play out the remaining games?

I honestly thought about posting this before you did. Just have the Skyhawks forfeit the rest of their season. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1