• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Trail Blazers

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

First, the big health update that matters most... three cheers to Dave Deckard, longtime writer and managing editor over at SB Nation's Blazers Edge, and his superhero kids! Best wishes to Dave on his recovery.

https://www.blazersedge.com/2024/3/7/24093686/dave-deckard-managing-editor-blazers-edge-health-update-what-happened-to-portland-trail-night

Far less important, Jerami Grant is Questionable on the Boo-Boo Report due to a strained hammy. Rookie Rayan Rupert (sore ankle) is also Questionable, along with a pair of Two-Ways currently on the Rip City Remix (including 2018 Georgia Mr. Basketball Ashton Hagans) . A third Two-Way, Justin Minaya (Illness) is listed as Probable. Jabari Walker (inflamed hip) joins Brogdon (elbow tendinitis) and Sharpe (ab surgery) among the Outs.

Whoever makes it on the floor for the Hawks need to exploit a Portland team that's as cushy in the middle as a Voodoo Doughnut (The Magic is in The Hole!). The Blazers' 58.0 2FG% allowed, like the 49.3 2FG% when they shoot, are both league-worsts. Rookies Toumani Camara (arrived with Ayton in the POR/PHX multi-team deal) and Duop Reath help Ayton create as many extra-chances as possible to keep them in the running.

In a 129-125 losing effort during last season's visit to PDX, Murray scored 40 points and added seven assists with no turnovers plus eight rebounds. Back home, DJ followed that up with 41 points (5-for-5 on threes) as Atlanta prevailed in a wire-to-wire 129-111 win.

The Hawks look to extend their road-victory string to three games as this 11-day, five-game road stretch kicks off. If you count CDMX as a road game instead of a neutral site, Atlanta last won three consecutive away games back in November. Prior to that, the Hawks won four-straight away from the Farm back in January of last season.

~lw3

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who's planning to stay up late for these next 5 games out west?

I’ll be eating dinner 🍽️ while watching us get cooked.. I mean COOKEM! :batman:

Thanks lw3 you are the man 👨 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Akeem

I’ve always called him that! -H town 80’s resident

Scoot Henderson a

Looking forward to breaking this kid down with @kg01 during the game. One thing is clear. He is good at basketball 🏀.

Drexler

One of my fav Clyde in game dunks ⬇️ I was a fan of his and looked at his like a west coast Nique. Both were underrated imo. 

image.gif.f7e867a5a310d23d9718618fa5297058.gif

ying-yang

👯 

image.gif.e989294c98402e9ef1fa8c66227ca575.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to ESPN:

Atlanta is 5-3 since losing Trae Young to injury mostly thanks to its defense. In that same span, the Hawks have held opponents under 101 points five times, something they only did once in their first 56 games.

• Like 1

My guy Wes just side-step'd into a fadeaway 3 ... airbawl.  I'm on a roll, people. 

Keep in mind, POR sucks even harder so despite these hijinks we're actually leading 11-4. 🙂 

• Haha 3

Murray cookin a bit.  But just threw about the worst pass I've seen since the Falcons season ended.  A 457mph fastball directly at Bruneaux's mid-shin.  Turnover.

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Pretty sure Wes just pre-celebrated on a corner 3 that missed.  Oh man, this is why you stay up, people! 

The whole thread is yours :laugh1:. I'm just here for Cagey hijinx

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2