• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Lakers

lethalweapon3

42 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

So, we still bragging about the defensive improvement?

I expect better effort in the second half. This is when you miss having a dude on the court to make Lebron respect you. When he smells blood he goes to another level.

This team don't have an adjustment for when their shot is not falling.

• Thanks 2

Well, I was super excited and we looked really clean off to that 8-0 start. Then we started goin cold 🥶… really cold. Just seemed like the 4th game in 6 nights took its toll. Not an excuse but kinda. 😊 

JJ is an absolute stud. That dunk on Reeves had me giggling 🤭 for a couple minutes giddy style, then the baseline reverse 🔄 wow 😯. Dude is a finisher extraordinaire and he’s got the outside shot improve each game. Shame about the ankle injury and Clint’s clown feet 🦶 again. 

Get ready for the Suns ☀️ on Thursday. 

We are playing faster, more unselfish and with a lil umff in our game.

Go Hawks!!!

• Like 2

• Moderators

I’m not even a little mad about this one.  I was kind of shocked and impressed that everything went right against the Clips.  No surprise that the Lakers didn’t lay a similar dud after seeing their little brothers get crushed by us.  JJ with some epic highlights but I’m not going back to watch this one in full.  On to the next game.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

No choice but to chuck threes because Laker paint defense is so good.  That's also usually what guys do when they're tired, so this was kind of an expected result.  Hope JJ is good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

No choice but to chuck threes because Laker paint defense is so good.  That's also usually what guys do when they're tired, so this was kind of an expected result.  Hope JJ is good.

Lakers interior D is always elite, Trae just gives them hell so we make it look vulnerable to a degree but this is the reality of playing the Lakers.

• Like 2

James is still king!  This was game #1211 that he's scored at least 10 points per game.  This goes back many years to the game he didn't do it.

Hawks opened the game by kicking the sleeping Lakers.  When they awoke, this is what happened.  Wonder why we lost?

Lakers made 17 free throws.  Hawks made 12.

Lakers hit 15 three-point shots.  Hawks hit 9.

Lakers hit 57.8% of their shots.  Hawks hit 42.9% of their shots.

Losing this one by 31 points, there is no saying if a certain player had played differently, we could have won.  Nope.  After we kicked them in the face, it was over.  In this one, everyone on the Hawks bench got to play.  This is the one good thing we did.

:smug:

• Like 4

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

In this one, everyone on the Hawks bench got to play.  This is the one good thing we did.

:smug:

Yep.  No excessive minutes for anyone (esp DJM) in this one.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lakers interior D is always elite, Trae just gives them hell so we make it look vulnerable to a degree but this is the reality of playing the Lakers.

Not tryna be 'that guy' but games like last night fly in the face of the 'trade Trae' and 'they're better without Trae' people.

The contrast between the last matchup and this one was stark. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3