• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Lakers

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t blame you but I must say this was one of the best 30+ point blowouts as far as us looking good. Yes, we got blown out but we still played the right way and tried to do it all night with the passing, shots just weren’t falling.

Not saying watch it but JJ, maaaan, that guy alone is making me get through this year a bit easier thus far. He’s a star ⭐️.

JJ and Edwards last night were way better than the All-Star dunk contest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yeah i can see it now.  JJ reverse windmill jam jumping completely over spud webb on the block holding up his dunk champion trophy.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member

This one was sorta indicative of what we have... a lot of young guys who are light.   I say it was a lot of Lebron worshipping on the court.   Or you can call it ball watching.   Whatever it was, we didn't come out with the same intensity that we did against the Clipps.  The gameplan of keep shooting threes on the second night of a double double was horrible.  Legs tired and shots dropped off. 

OO doesn't add defensively to this team.   Positionally, he's always out of position and he's too small.  AD had his way with OO. 

Jalen can't protect the backdoor for nothing.   He left the backdoor open for Rui all night.   Like a lot of losses we had, the Lakers lived on dribble penetration and backdoor cuts.   Then they were dropping the longball too. 

At this point, I am convinced, that Bruno guards Centers better than OO Does. OO will get the minutes because he's a lottery pick and he does have some skillsets but his size is going to be an issue his whole career. 

The Lakers Bully balled us.  We have too many finesse players.  Boston is going to do the same. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This one was sorta indicative of what we have... a lot of young guys who are light.   I say it was a lot of Lebron worshipping on the court.   Or you can call it ball watching.   Whatever it was, we didn't come out with the same intensity that we did against the Clipps.  The gameplan of keep shooting threes on the second night of a double double was horrible.  Legs tired and shots dropped off. 

OO doesn't add defensively to this team.   Positionally, he's always out of position and he's too small.  AD had his way with OO. 

Jalen can't protect the backdoor for nothing.   He left the backdoor open for Rui all night.   Like a lot of losses we had, the Lakers lived on dribble penetration and backdoor cuts.   Then they were dropping the longball too. 

At this point, I am convinced, that Bruno guards Centers better than OO Does. OO will get the minutes because he's a lottery pick and he does have some skillsets but his size is going to be an issue his whole career. 

The Lakers Bully balled us.  We have too many finesse players.  Boston is going to do the same. 

You can't stop making false stuff up about OO can you?

• Thanks 2

We need a 5 that can stretch the floor so OO can play the 4 sometimes.  He's too small at the 5 against big C's so we can only play him there when other teams go small ball.  Now, if OO was a knockdown shooter than he would pose a problem for the big C's on the other end but he's still just not a respectable shooter.  Teams are cool with letting him take the open 3.  They'd rather help on Trae/DJ drives and leave him open.  

If I'm OO, I am working on my face up ballhandling and jumpshot ALL offseason until it's respectable.  He has improved and respect him for that, but he needs to continue.  He's just too small to be a starting 5.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I don't see many lies @KB21

OO is always out of position. He was better with Nate. Nate was like, go out there and be OO. Defend man to man. Guard your big and protector the rim. OO did that specific job as well as anyone in the NBA. But give OO responsibilities to be a real drop defender, bad. Give him responsibilities to be a real big who can defend 1-5 and he's a foul magnet or out of position. OO is excellent if you just let him do what he do. But the minute you ask him commit to being a drop defender or being a switchable modern 5, he struggled at it. 

It's obvious Bruno is a way better defender. Bruno sadly ain't overly impactful on D but he does make a positive impact and helps us on that end. 

OO offense is just miles better than Bruno. Everyone's is. Bruno and Vit play offense like they will be playing in the Euroleague next year. They are just not NBA level offensive players. 

Maybe Quin should just let OO go back to being OO. He was a lot more impactful that way. 

Edited by NBASupes

7 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

We need a 5 that can stretch the floor so OO can play the 4 sometimes.  He's too small at the 5 against big C's so we can only play him there when other teams go small ball.  Now, if OO was a knockdown shooter than he would pose a problem for the big C's on the other end but he's still just not a respectable shooter.  Teams are cool with letting him take the open 3.  They'd rather help on Trae/DJ drives and leave him open.  

If I'm OO, I am working on my face up ballhandling and jumpshot ALL offseason until it's respectable.  He has improved and respect him for that, but he needs to continue.  He's just too small to be a starting 5.  

I don't really have an issue with OO offensively and it would help if he could shoot the 3 like JC. His issue ain't even guarding his man. Yeah, he got cooked by AD but generally speaking, he normally does good against AD. This was his first game back and boom, here's AD. Not an easy task 

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

Oh man, wait til yall see what Ant Edwards did to John Collins tonite.

Yeeeeesh.... 

SALE SALE EVERYTHING MUST GOOOO!!!

Clearance the clearance!!!!! 😳 

:ohmy: :mellow:

IMG_3790.jpeg

IMG_3789.jpeg

IMG_3795.jpeg

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t blame you but I must say this was one of the best 30+ point blowouts as far as us looking good. Yes, we got blown out but we still played the right way and tried to do it all night with the passing, shots just weren’t falling.

Not saying watch it but JJ, maaaan, that guy alone is making me get through this year a bit easier thus far. He’s a star ⭐️.

Nah, sun.  How can @AHF properly mod without watching games.  How can he know who to ban when an inevitable shouting match and pissing contest pops off?

And lets always agree to never have a shouting match and pissing contest at the same time.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Holy 'low bar alert', batman! 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

SALE SALE EVERYTHING MUST GOOOO!!!

Clearance the clearance!!!!! 😳 

:ohmy: :mellow:

IMG_3790.jpeg

IMG_3789.jpeg

IMG_3795.jpeg

Edwards certainly had no problem getting clearance last night, Clarence.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

I really wish OO was healthy right now -- I think the narrative around him would do a complete 180 given how much the refs are letting guys be physical and play defense.  His biggest issue has been ticky tacky fouls that imo are not getting called at all right now.  He would be locking guys up like he did in the '21 playoffs if he was on the court.  He was still acclimating to Quin's system but I'm not worried about that. 

A little undersized centers can work if they space the floor well, so a lot of OO working on defense depends on his 3 ball continuing to get better.  If teams want to go really big on him, he can space it out on the other end and let our wings/guards feast in the paint.  Golden State has done this for years, Miami does this, and even a lot of Boston lineups.  With that said, Lakers are a team that still would have done well because AD is an anomaly how well he moves on defense for his size.

• Like 1

UPDATE:  After last night's game, the Lakers have revised their mid-season offer.  Now it's Austin Reaves and DLO for Trae AND JJ.  

Seriously tho, it won't be long before Laker fans have JJ and Trae packaged together for their scrubs.  You know its coming.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

UPDATE:  After last night's game, the Lakers have revised their mid-season offer.  Now it's Austin Reaves and DLO for Trae AND JJ.  

Seriously tho, it won't be long before Laker fans have JJ and Trae packaged together for their scrubs.  You know its coming.  

Lakers fans still dreaming of robbing another team 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, KB21 said:

You can't stop making false stuff up about OO can you?

I don't believe you watched the game if you think I made stuff up. 

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, AtLaS said:

[ ]  His three ball is a slow painful shot to watch.  I'm glad he hits it, but I would hate to see if anybody put any kind of pressure on him.  He's not Kevin Love.   Because of that, like you said, teams let him have the three and take their chances... because they know that the offense is not going to defer to OO shooting consistently enough to hurt them. 

OO's defensive is better on small players and on the perimeter.  In the post against bigs, he gets moved and beat up.  He's a small ball center at the end of the small ball center era.   In a way, Clint is too.  However, Clint learned to play against Bigger competition over his years.  His motor is just not what it used to be. 

We watched Clint and Bruno anchor what looked like a 3-2 defense the other night against LAC for most of the game and they did well.  Did so well, they made Zubic of no effect.   However, we came out against the lake show and Lebron and AD started feasting inside.  Whenever AD wanted to, he would just go down into the post and get points on Clint or OO or take Clint or OO to the three point line and bury shots. 

I don't think Edey is a good answer.   But Clingan...Ware, Missi, Filipowski??   They may help a lot down the road.   Kessler is somebody I would like us to set our sights on though.