• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Clingan and Sarr is what it's gonna come down too but Clingan is for sure the pick. 

I'm not sure the Hawks can justify NOT taking him at this point unless they think they can trade down and still get him.

• Like 3

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Don't even blink Landry . . . you know who to get

What about a Trae rot get Trae immediate help. Like a superstar, we throw in DJ too, this opens up everything for us.

Just now, Jody23 said:

Lol, are they trying nudge the Hawks into trading Trae by giving them the number one pick like they did with New Orleans and Anthony Davis?  Just kidding...congrats Hawks.

Too weak of a draft. Draft Clingan who fits Trae. 

This was definitely the worst possible outcome. This feels like Carolina Panthers where you got CJ Stroud and Bryce Young and the Hawks might take Bryce Young instead of Stroud 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Wretch said:

So........  I'm kinda not surprised. 😅
I resisted the urge to start my own thread earlier this week, but...not surprised.  That's all Imma say! lol

I had a feeling as well. This still doesn't make up for the 2019 Lottery. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Get the number one pick in the weakest top end draft. Go Hawks! 

Cheer up— getting it this year (should) have zero impact on next year.  1 is better than 10.  Someone may highly covet a player and trade for it.  Maybe we covet a player.  An asset just increased in value… net gain.  Atlanta controls the draft.  Snyder gets to hand pick a guy on a rookie scale salary.  It may actually help us make trades with other players as we know where we can add a specific player.

I’ll take it.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

This was definitely the worst possible outcome. This feels like Carolina Panthers where you got CJ Stroud and Bryce Young and the Hawks might take Bryce Young instead of Stroud 

A top pick is a top pick. Keep it or package it in a trade.

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

So it's only the worst possible outcome because you think they will pick the wrong player? No chance they package the pick for another player?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1