• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Hawks should try to get another first later in the draft this year (Capela to Phoenix for 24) and take Bobi Klintman.  Really high upside wing with size and skill.  

Suns are over the 2nd Apron so they can't take CC. I proposed a Nurkic swap but again CC makes more and the 2nd Apron prevents them from aggregating salary to make up the difference. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Another horrible Bill Simmons/Russilo take:

How about trade Trae-OO for Ingram and "a bunch of picks".

"Atlanta don't need PGs or Centers when they trade Trae"

Pels only make sense as a trade partner if we’re getting back talent.  It would need to be Trae/Hunter for Ingram/Herb/Dyson and picks for it to make sense for us.  And i dont think New Orleans does that.

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Pels only make sense as a trade partner if we’re getting back talent.  It would need to be Trae/Hunter for Ingram/Herb/Dyson and picks for it to make sense for us.  And i dont think New Orleans does that.

Good lord that’s a terrible deal.  The fit between Trae and Ingram is questionable at best.  The fit between Murray and Ingram is horrific.  

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Good lord that’s a terrible deal.  The fit between Trae and Ingram is questionable at best.  The fit between Murray and Ingram is horrific.  

You don’t extend Ingram in this scenario, it would be a one year rebuild type of situation where you set up to build around DJ/Herb/JJ/Sarr/OO, or whoever else continues to develop.  And youd be loaded with picks to consolidate in the future if needed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

My Favorite Pic of Boogie : r/warriors

Immediately sprang to mind....rofl

Why does Boogie stance right there reminiscent of Cagey blocking folks from the sac house 🏠:rock:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On Sarr…

I like this video overall but this part especially shows the transition hip movement, fluidity, and dribbling needed to be more like Giannis or Jalen (vs Eden and Clingan):

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

Another horrible Bill Simmons/Russilo take:

How about trade Trae-OO for Ingram and "a bunch of picks".

"Atlanta don't need PGs or Centers when they trade Trae"

At this point someone should have unplugged their microphones.. Russilo and Simmons got dementia over a decade ago

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

For other guys at the combine results, Reed Sheppard had the highest vertical max at 42 inches. He's the 6'3" in shoes white kid that is simply amazing. If they blew up this roster and we could draft Sarr, Reed Sheppard and the best wing or another big at 8 I think that team could be exciting as living hell to watch.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

For other guys at the combine results, Reed Sheppard had the highest vertical max at 42 inches. He's the 6'3" in shoes white kid that is simply amazing. If they blew up this roster and we could draft Sarr, Reed Sheppard and the best wing or another big at 8 I think that team could be exciting as living hell to watch.

This team has many options, many options.  It is up to Trae to see what he wants to do.  Frankly for me, I keep the pick and drafted Sarr.

20 minutes ago, aali34 said:

I’m officially bored with the Trae talk. 

My new focus is how they plan to shape the roster. You have:

• Sarr 
  • JJ
  • Trae
  • Kobe
  • Bogi
  • Gueye
  • Vit

• Cap is gone
  • Hunter should be gone due to his health concerns.
  • Murray should be gone due to fit
  • OO depends on what the FO thinks of a frontcourt with him and Sarr, and if JJ can move to the 3. 

No DJ in your list hopefully means some other form of 3-D wing is acquired with him. I'm not gonna ask for much more than that cause I know this shitty/cheap FO we have... 

Guards-Trae, Kobe, Bogi, vet min, griffin? 

Wings-Herb(please lawd), Vit, JJ, Bey

Bigs-Sarr, OO, vet center, Gueye, JJ part 2, Bey part 2.

Thats a good foundation that's probably a SG(and time) away. No idea how they ever get a SG without money*** or picks though. Ugh. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, aali34 said:

OO depends on what the FO thinks of a frontcourt with him and Sarr, and if JJ can move to the 3.

I want this. Make it work and we have the longest most athletic front court in the league.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

We need bigs.  Sarr, JJ, OO might seem a little redundant but we also may not have all those guys forever.   I take Sarr with his high ceiling.  

Trae meeting with Hawks today?  If the words "we want you to retire a Hawk" don't come out of Landry's mouth then he's doing it wrong.  

Gotta get a vet bruiser to even out the athletic ranginess we now have. 

How do we feel about Steven Adams off the bench?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Gotta get a vet bruiser to even out the athletic ranginess we now have. 

How do we feel about Steven Adams off the bench?

Just someone that will stand up for the team and say, “Not today, Mother%#*^%”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

Rex Chapman 2.0

• Like 1