Exit Interviews: Friday 04/19/2024

JayBirdHawk

21 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Distance Miles on Offense per NBA.com/stats: 

DistHawks.thumb.jpg.f5db764aee1be8f06cddd9c6d46e83db.jpg

Trae is 2nd on the team at 1.40 miles per game on offense.  And here is where that ranks in the entire NBA (26th out of 572 players):

DistNBA.thumb.jpg.0f4c13719cae6d7f7bf2429d2fc2a28d.jpg

Trae has the same distance miles as Steph Curry on offense.  The difference is he does most of his with the ball while Steph does most without.  But some basic math shows the allocation like this:

Trae on Offense:   3,250 feet per game WITH BALL / 4,140 feet per game WITHOUT BALL

Steph on Offense:  2,200 feet per game WITH BALL / 5,190 feet per game WITHOUT BALL

Bottom line:  Claiming Trae does nothing but stand around on offense without the ball is patently false.  

I'm so tired of you giving out facts.  😂😂.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Trae is 2nd on the team at 1.40 miles per game on offense.  And here is where that ranks in the entire NBA (26th out of 572 players):

Trae has the same distance miles as Steph Curry on offense.  The difference is he does most of his with the ball while Steph does most without.  But some basic math shows the allocation like this:

Trae on Offense:   3,250 feet per game WITH BALL / 4,140 feet per game WITHOUT BALL

Steph on Offense:  2,200 feet per game WITH BALL / 5,190 feet per game WITHOUT BALL

Bottom line:  Claiming Trae does nothing but stand around on offense without the ball is patently false.  

I nominated this for post of the day, but it came in 2nd place to this ...

51 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I'm so tired of you giving out facts.  😂😂.  

Post of the day!

The judges were biased in favor of the snark-asm and emojis. 🤓

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, AHF said:

I am still scratching my head over Hunter’s absence.

Nothing would make me happier this offseason than to see him shipped away for some mixture of players who can replace his shooting and upgrade his on ball defense and nonexistent rebounding and playmaking. 

He really is the weak link that’s holding this team back and no amount of weak metric stats can change what the eye test is telling us. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Nothing would make me happier this offseason than to see him shipped away for some mixture of players who can replace his shooting and upgrade his on ball defense and nonexistent rebounding and playmaking. 

He really is the weak link that’s holding this team back and no amount of weak metric stats can change what the eye test is telling us. 

That man's biggest fan is coming for you...he sees all 😂😂😂

IMB_20200320042443_SPQA.gif

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Finally finished. It was well worth the listen.  

Trae's inability to go left and use his injured hand. Why bring him back but not sign Vit for the playin.

Talked DJ, Hunter, Capela.

Need for JJ to up his conditioning since he's played limited games since high-school. 

Good Stuff!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I just want him to bloviate about Hunter and his m.i.a. status. 

:er: Que? Why you using 'big' words for us simple folk.

You know he won't though.

You made ne look it up:

Bloviate: talk at length, especially in an inflated or empty way. :laugh1:.

This might be my word of the offseason. 😆 🤣 😂 .....so and so is bloviating, again.

• Haha 2

On 4/20/2024 at 1:36 PM, REHawksFan said:

( tear in my eye )

This would be some stuff that I would look up.

Good job RE!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 4/21/2024 at 7:35 AM, AHF said:

I am still scratching my head over Hunter’s absence.

Same here.  A bad look while Landry is hammering home character and connectedness.  On top of the massive turd of a play in game he turned in. 

I don't hate Hunter but it might be good for a change of scenery for both parties.  He'd  probably do well in Denver or Cleveland.   Not sure who we replace him with though unless we go after BI. 

• Premium Member
On 4/20/2024 at 1:36 PM, REHawksFan said:

stats sure are fun!  Allows nerds to act like they understand sports.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, shakes said:

Stats are also something that teams take extremely seriously.  Because they are dumb jocks amiright?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Stats are also something that teams take extremely seriously.  Because they are dumb jocks amiright?

just more nerds pushing their narratives on front offices and if they dare ignore the data they immediately are forced to watch the movie Moneyball and then have to write on the chalkboard over and over "I WILL NOT IGNORE THE NERDS IN THE ROOM".

Nerds have become the bullys of the sports world.

7 minutes ago, shakes said:

That's just a deflection.  The numbers are what they are.  They don't lie.  

Reading your post and this quote comes to mind...

"The fool is the one that sees the facts, knows the truth, but still believes the lies."  

An old Eagles song also comes to mind...

"Ain't no way to hide your lyin eyes..."  

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I don't hate Hunter but it might be good for a change of scenery for both parties.  He'd  probably do well in Denver or Cleveland.   Not sure who we replace him with though unless we go after BI. 

I agree.
The biggest problem with Hunter and his value here is there is no one capable of backing him up or replacing him if he’s hurt or traded. Unless they move JJ to more SF, but then we have the same issue at PF. 

I wouldn’t mind if we moved him, but we need to go after more than one player to replace him. BI is a good start, but we would need a capable back up. 

Honestly, BI starting and Hunter backing him up off the bench may actually be the best scenario. Both are injury prone and both are capable of starting when the other misses time. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I agree.
The biggest problem with Hunter and his value here is there is no one capable of backing him up or replacing him if he’s hurt or traded. Unless they move JJ to more SF, but then we have the same issue at PF. 

I wouldn’t mind if we moved him, but we need to go after more than one player to replace him. BI is a good start, but we would need a capable back up. 

Honestly, BI starting and Hunter backing him up off the bench may actually be the best scenario. Both are injury prone and both are capable of starting when the other misses time. 

Unfortunately that's like 60 million in the SF position.  

• Like 1