• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumormill - Bynum for 3-36, player optin on the 3rd year

DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

THIS = B.S.

no need for us to have offered teague a contract if we were not sold on him.

I'm just repeating what I was told. And judging by the twitters on Jeff's feed and the few hundred rumors having him being shipped out in a sign and trade I think its a safe assumption to say it is true.

• Premium Member

You mean a QO? Couldn't we trade him later in the season or get a sign and trade deal for him? There could be reasons

My feeling is that we offered him a QO because we had interest in him. A SNT doesn't really matter for us (that much) unless we are already over the cap. So why not just release him outright if we had no interest in him...

Moreover at the deadline, Ferry could have easily traded him.

I think we ultimately end up with Mo Williams. The question is with our without Teague?

My feeling is that we offered him a QO because we had interest in him. A SNT doesn't really matter for us (that much) unless we are already over the cap. So why not just release him outright if we had no interest in him... Moreover at the deadline, Ferry could have easily traded him. I think we ultimately end up with Mo Williams. The question is with our without Teague?

I think we offered it to keep options open

• Premium Member

I think we offered it to keep options open

That's just it. The only option to keep open is to bring him back. A SNT is signing him at his price and thus... eating our cap. When RFAa are treated like Teague has been (which is normal) they are told to let the market decide. That doesn't mean that a team is not interested in that player or that a team doesn't want him. All that means is that the GM doesn't want to bid against himself.

It would have been easy for Ferry to offer a 3 yr 24 Million Dollar deal for Teague.. but what if Teague would have been willing to sign 3 yr 18? But you don't give a QO to a player that's you're not interested in if you are under the cap as far as we are. He does have a cap hold.

• Moderators

The only things I've heard at all from one of my old sources is a little old at this point. I already posted that Bynum was a backup plan on a short deal to meet salary cap requirements and one thing I didn't say but I'll say now is that and this is a direct quote "Ferry is not really sold on Teague".

Haven't heard anything else since. Source did say Ferry is more secretive and paranoid than BK ever was (Ferry btw knows about this place and does come by to check it at times) and keeps things close to the vest.

Take it for what its worth.

Double SnT Jennings for Teague, bring home Bynum, and le' go. I always wondered if the players and other folks in the Hawks organization lurked these boards... I'd be great if they'd start posting! lol

Double SnT Jennings for Teague, bring home Bynum, and le' go. I always wondered if the players and other folks in the Hawks organization lurked these boards... I'd be great if they'd start posting! lol

Careful what you wish for. If players read the majority of these threads we would have an even harder time attracting talent. If that is even possible.

Maybe they already do..

The only things I've heard at all from one of my old sources is a little old at this point. I already posted that Bynum was a backup plan on a short deal to meet salary cap requirements and one thing I didn't say but I'll say now is that and this is a direct quote "Ferry is not really sold on Teague".

Haven't heard anything else since. Source did say Ferry is more secretive and paranoid than BK ever was (Ferry btw knows about this place and does come by to check it at times) and keeps things close to the vest.

Take it for what its worth.

Good to hear that Ferry knows about the Squawk and comes here to check us out. I hope my anti-Ellis rant and threat to burn the Squawk down are what's kept him from signing or trading for him :)

I've known of a few guys in the organization that have joined but didn't post much. One guy who doesn't post anymore but did for a while and nobody here knew who he was, was Ryan Cameron.

• Premium Member

Careful what you wish for. If players read the majority of these threads we would have an even harder time attracting talent. If that is even possible.

Doubtful, though, that you won't find almost the same level of negativity on any given team's board(s). Well, except maybe Philly or NY where they're well known for their abrasiveness no matter what the sport.

• Premium Member

So, if the Cavs offer is the best out there, that kinda conflicts with this rumor that says we offered 3@36 with a player option. (*breathes sigh of relief*)

Having said that, if Stein has this right, doesn't bode well for those who are anxious to see Bynum taking up residence in Philips.

Edited by sturt