• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks have matched Teague offer sheet

yungsta

Teague is going to make you few "Teague haters" eat crow I swear! With Smith gone I swear Teague is going to drop 18 and 8 this season!Some of you guys are really doubting Teague. I get he may not be a natural pg with pg instincts but the dude is trying and improving every year. Personally I hope he becomes a more aggressive scorer this year and drop 6-8 assist.I have been saying this since Teague was a rookie. He has skills just need to be more aggressive. Ferry and Bud will give him the green light thus season and if he proves himself like he should you can forget about Dennis and that's a promise!Teague drops 18 and 7 or 8 assist on good fg% you can bet your ass he's going to be a hawk for a long time wheather you guys want that or not. Teague had earned his shot to show what he is really made of! Joe Johnson and josh smith held him from his potential. You will see what Teague can really do this season....mark my words.

Been tryna tell em.

I know many here won't like it, but for me finally a sign Ferry isn't asleep at the wheel. Letting a young man in his prime walk off to Milwaukee is about as low as a franchise could sink. Might as well just play all scrubs and never try to get better.

• Like 1

18 and 8 is a damn fine PG! The real barometer will be his work in the other end of the floor. I can't wait to see him taught how to play the PnR system on both ends of the floor and to see him not have to share the ball with Devin and Josh.

• Like 1

Nah, he better put up 30 and 15 every game. Not acceptable dude

yeah try to clean up your ridiculous statement by trying to make it a joke lol. I was born at night, but that night was almost 23 years ago smh

If Teague becomes hungry for that next level recognition, it's safe to say we we just got a steal ya'll. True talk. That is a big if but I am going to stay optimistic that he will.

yeah try to clean up your ridiculous statement by trying to make it a joke lol. I was born at night, but that night was almost 23 years ago smh

You want a cookie or a gold star? I'm just saying the dude better put big numbers up when part of our future (Dennis) is sitting on the pine or he's not gonna be here for long. And is 18 and 8 a big improvement from 15 and 7? No, that's just simple math.

He put up 15 and 7 last year. 18 and 8 would be disappointing IMO

So Teague has to play as well as Tony Parker or he will not be worth 8 mill a year. Do you know how good 18 and 8 really is?

• Premium Member

I know many here won't like it, but for me finally a sign Ferry isn't asleep at the wheel. Letting a young man in his prime walk off to Milwaukee is about as low as a franchise could sink. Might as well just play all scrubs and never try to get better.

That's what some Hawksquawkers wanted us to do.

• Like 1

He put up 15 and 7 last year. 18 and 8 would be disappointing IMO

Come on guy 18 and 8 would be great!!! Some on this board don't even junk he can do that! And once he does that he will be a 20 and 8 guy the next season.Lets judge Teague at the end of next season please!

• Premium Member

Teague's biggest issue is how he carries himself on the court. I thought what he needed the most was a situation where he could mature.If he can handle the situation properly and buy into the new system, it might help him grow up a lot as a player.

• Premium Member

I think we will see an offense bounce for Teague for two reasons.

1. No more Josh.

2. No more motion offense.

It's amazing that Teague was able to be as productive as he was considering that he had Josh "helping" him with his PG duties and LD's motion offense taking the ball out of his hands all the time. 7.2 apg in a motion offense of that kind is really good. Honestly, Drew expected that the only time the ball remained in Teague's hand is when he was driving. So for him to amass 7.2 apg means that he was driving and kicking a lot.

You put that same guy who put up Parker like (Parker's second year) numbers in the same offense that Parker plays in that starts off with the PNR.. I suspect that we will see Teague raise his assists by at least 1 per game and his ppg will increase slightly. I think we're going to really like the product on the floor.

• Like 1

So Teague has to play as well as Tony Parker or he will not be worth 8 mill a year. Do you know how good 18 and 8 really is?

Yeah, 18 and 8 is fantastic. As of right now Jeff is a slightly above average PG though, and at 25 hopefully he will progress even more. But we drafted Dennis high for a reason, I just don't want him catching splinters while Jeff pouts. The man said he wanted to move on and we still kept him. We shall see what comes of it

You want a cookie or a gold star? I'm just saying the dude better put big numbers up when part of our future (Dennis) is sitting on the pine or he's not gonna be here for long. And is 18 and 8 a big improvement from 15 and 7? No, that's just simple math.

Dude seriously?! Tell me what should Teague average this year?Man you need to do some researching on nba PGs especially those who are getting paid 8 mil....if Teague drops 18 and 8 that's a steal for how much we are paying for him!I'm not goin to argue with someone who's being unrealistic...we are trying to become a team not a Teague show. Teague will do his part and others will do their part. This is a team guy....a team game...you understand that right?

Yeah, 18 and 8 is fantastic. As of right now Jeff is a slightly above average PG though, and at 25 hopefully he will progress even more. But we drafted Dennis high for a reason, I just don't want him catching splinters while Jeff pouts. The man said he wanted to move on and we still kept him. We shall see what comes of it

um no we didn't. The 17th pick isn't exactly top 10 or a lottery pick. Guys picked there aren't even guaranteed to be starters, let alone stars. This is not the NFL. Funny thing is Jeff was picked 19th and was benched behind way worse PG's than 2012-2013 Jeff

Edited by Cwell

Players do this all the time man....it's nothing new

um no we didn't. The 17th pick isn't exactly top 10 or a lottery pick. Guys picked there aren't even guaranteed to be starters, let alone stars. This is not the NFL. Funny thing is Jeff was picked 19th and was benched behind way worse PG's than 2012-2013 Jeff

Exactly